• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Peter Lim contesting in Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC with PAP?

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw the news just now. Peter Lim was spotted with Wong Kan Seng and his team in a community event. When asked by reporter, Peter deny having any political aspiration. Will he change his mind later?

Over at Tanjong Pagar, LKY looks frail, having difficulty walking unaided.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What political talent does this guy have? His fortune has been gained from gambling in the stock market while punting for insititutions.

With such talents, wont the PAP be better off appointing him into the family circle to take charge of GIC or TH than being a Minister?

If I were Peter, I will politely decline any offers of standing in order to enjoy my personal freedom away from the glare of publicity. After all, I am wealthy enough to stand aloof above any political largesse. I already made my billions..

Saw the news just now. Peter Lim was spotted with Wong Kan Seng and his team in a community event. When asked by reporter, Peter deny having any political aspiration. Will he change his mind later?

Over at Tanjong Pagar, LKY looks frail, having difficulty walking unaided.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What political talent does this guy have? His fortune has been gained from gambling in the stock market while punting for insititutions.

With such talents, wont the PAP be better off appointing him into the family circle to take charge of GIC or TH than being a Minister?

If I were Peter, I will politely decline any offers of standing in order to enjoy my personal freedom away from the glare of publicity. After all, I am wealthy enough to stand aloof above any political largesse. I already made my billions..

I concur, why give up his freedom to play politics and get curse by Singaporeans for many generations to come. More so if he join PAP - the jinx party - which has so many worms in the closet waiting to find a scapegoat.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Someone made him an offer he cannot refuse. He got billions to lose.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ppl join politics 2 b rich ...

y rich ppl join politics? ... 2 get mor moni ...

tis burger damn blahdy greedy ...

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy dumped his wife who stood by him during his difficult days for a younger actress...... this is the type of character pap loved as long as he can help pap squeeze more money out of sinkees......

John Henry

Alfrescian
Loyal

This cannot be true. Is this little red dot turning into another Taiwan?
The black joining the white :rolleyes:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe WKS is anticipating the first real battle of his political career and needs Peter Lim to sponsor birds' nest, sharksfin, abalone and scallops. Or, he may be looking for a job in Peter's companies in case he loses his GRC, which is not unlikely.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy dumped his wife who stood by him during his difficult days for a younger actress...... this is the type of character pap loved as long as he can help pap squeeze more money out of sinkees......

Exactly the opposite. PAP cadres are so squeeky clean both spiritually and morally that you almost need to be a saint to be called up for tea party.

That's why so many mortals here KPKB because they can't make the cut.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly the opposite. PAP cadres are so squeeky clean both spiritually and morally that you almost need to be a saint to be called up for tea party.

Are you referring to "lesser" mortals :confused:

Many "lesser mortals" have not had the privilege or money to fool around like some of the elites. They are too busy making a living.

You won't see the media reporting on the wrong doings of the "elite" unless it's been cleared by the godfather of Spore :rolleyes:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very natural development.

You have money,you have women,you want to have power.

Apart fr his family background,he has quite a good record.

He will stand.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you go back in history of PAP and count how many of their chosen 'angels' have fallen, and then count the number in the Opposition, and then get my free scholarship into correct political education?

John Henry

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very natural development.

You have money,you have women,you want to have power.

Apart fr his family background,he has quite a good record.

He will stand.

I beg to differ. He is a wolf in sheep clothing character. Him standing for election is like getting Ting Lik or Corleone to stand for election. :mad:
I fear for the future of this island.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't you go back in history of PAP and count how many of their chosen 'angels' have fallen, and then count the number in the Opposition, and then get my free scholarship into correct political education?

That's true. The fallen 'angels' fall into two categories. One, reported by the press. Two, unreported by the press.

For the 'overt' cases, no choice. It is almost always corruption or some white collar crimes. These cases not possible to cover.

For the 'covert' cases, it will be WOMEN. Some other non-women cases may be borderline, therefore not reported. That chap will step down or be posted or downgraded in his political appointment/office.