• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Peter Lim buys into McLaren Automotive!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore tycoon takes stake in McLaren Automotive
(AFP) – 1 day ago

ALeqM5hiVBkD5UAd2BiLWkt0xBCdwJ01Yw

SINGAPORE — A Singaporean tycoon has taken a "significant" stake in McLaren Automotive, the British high-performance sports car maker said Friday in move aimed to boost its Asian expansion plans.

Peter Lim, a billionaire businessman who made his fortune through stockbroking, "has completed a significant investment in the company", McLaren said in a statement on its website.
Lim will join the company's board of directors with immediate effect, said the statement, which did not give the size of the Asian tycoon's investment.
It said getting Lim on board is part of McLaren's strategy to expand into the lucrative Asian market for its range of high-performance sports cars.
"With Peter Lim?s investment, McLaren marks another major milestone in its global growth strategy," the company said.
His membership in the firm's board "will strengthen the company?s corporate and trading influence in the region at a time of encouraging demand for the company?s first 'pure' McLaren sports car, the MP4-12C", it added.
McLaren said demand for the sports car from the Asia Pacific was "strong", with orders accounting for 18 months of production.
Lim, a sports enthusiast, made headlines last year when he offered 320 million pounds ($528.45 million) in cash to buy Liverpool. He also offered an extra 40 million pounds for the acquisition of players.
Liverpool were eventually sold to New England Sports Ventures, the owner of baseball's Boston Red Sox in the United States.
Lim, a self-confessed Manchester United fan, is also rumoured to be a potential investor if the English Premier League title-holders push through with plans to list in the Singapore stock market later this year.
McLaren is designing, developing and manufacturing exclusive and premium 'pure' McLaren sports cars and selling and servicing the range through a global retail network.
It has started distributing the first MP4-12Cs to retailers and customers in the UK and mainland Europe.
Distribution in the Asia Pacific region is expected from late-2011. The retail network is set to expand from 2012, including further growth in Asia, the company said.
Lim's McLaren stake is the latest high-profile investment by an Asian tycoon in a Western company.
On Thursday, Queens Park Rangers said that Tony Fernandes, owner of Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia, had completed his takeover of the newly promoted Premier League club.
Fernandes, who is also the team principal of Formula One's Team Lotus, secured his buyout after assuming a 66 percent stake from previous shareholders Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore.
Copyright © 2011 AFP. All rights reserved.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unless he finds a bigger fool to buy his stake from him....................

the money is confirm loss liao............

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can any informed people here please share with us, on how Peter Lim build his wealth?

I've heard so much stories, and is not able to verify how he can become a billionaire from stock broking... what is his story... anyone kind to share the story.

I got payments of 5 points to give, if you give me the good story :smile:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
probably from family connections lor...........

so got bigwigs as his clients so sure make money what.................

then sure got insider trading and info lah..................

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A period when Saab going red bought by GM and going red still .
He would still go .
When you have so much you have lost your senses .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
probably from family connections lor...........

so got bigwigs as his clients so sure make money what.................

then sure got insider trading and info lah..................

1st pot of gold made in KHJC as remisier to rich and famous indonesians and malaysians during 90s bull run.
2nd pot of gold made by investing in Sugar King nephew's Wilmar.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st pot of gold made in KHJC as remisier to rich and famous indonesians and malaysians during 90s bull run.
2nd pot of gold made by investing in Sugar King nephew's Wilmar.

that's why lah...............no connections can get so many rich people be his clients meh ?

wilmar...........maybe thru inside info...............

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When PL put in a 300+ million bid for Liverpool last year, a brother posted here that he liked to intro TCS actresses to his rich Indon traders. That's also how he got to know his chiobu 2nd wife Cherie.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah like that also can ? Use anchovies to fish for sardines .
And somemore you cheapen our TCS actresses .

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter lim had no family connections. When he came back to Singapore he began to target well heeled customers by providing first class service. He did that by hiring good staff and paying bonuses way beyond others. He used to give cars at the end of each year to his staff. The client who were well serviced naturally recommended him to family, friends and business contacts. As these people were business tycoons and captains of industry, he began to ride on their trades and started building his fortune. One of his client is Robert's Kuok nephew and both made a bid for Wilmar and the rest is history. He is a very sleek businessman. He also never suffered fools easily. If he listened to some like the godly dog, I am sure, he won't be anywhere in this world.
there is always a reason why someone is rich... and it's true, connections is the KEYPOINT.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter lim had no family connections. When he came back to Singapore he began to target well heeled customers by providing first class service. He did that by hiring good staff and paying bonuses way beyond others. He used to give cars at the end of each year to his staff. The client who were well serviced naturally recommended him to family, friends and business contacts. As these people were business tycoons and captains of industry, he began to ride on their trades and started building his fortune. One of his client is Robert's Kuok nephew and both made a bid for Wilmar and the rest is history. He is a very sleek businessman. He also never suffered fools easily. If he listened to some like the godly dog, I am sure, he won't be anywhere in this world.

alamak Scroobal, you just reinforced on my point of connections...

everyone can start off without connections... but it is through your own connections building that get you somewhere... through first class service and reputation... this will build connections which you have reinforced my keypoint...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When PL put in a 300+ million bid for Liverpool last year, a brother posted here that he liked to intro TCS actresses to his rich Indon traders. That's also how he got to know his chiobu 2nd wife Cherie.

no surprise lah............before become super-rich...........must be a pimp...........

maybe Cherie also one of these ''hookers''...............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

don't tell me he's the only one that give good service ????

connections or his pimping or whatever give him the edge...........

life is like F1............those with connections or rich families start on the front row............

those without any of these start at the back of the grid..............

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah bro. I talking about Goddog and his rubbish. He said Family connections which is nonsense. The guy has been bullshitting in this forum. All sensible business people do well by building connections. That's a given. Also decided to give his background. Narong is right.
alamak Scroobal, you just reinforced on my point of connections...everyone can start off without connections... but it is through your own connections building that get you somewhere... through first class service and reputation... this will build connections which you have reinforced my keypoint...