• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pet lovers, please come in!

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Battleangel, Im googling the resort right now.

Crystal -- "treat well her fur kids" =]

This is a happy thread indeed

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
battleangel

thanks for sharing e wonderful info .....
wat breed u having ? not pug right ? cox sista tonto has pug....
seems like furkids make owners happy owners !
wait till my another sista jogs comes in to join us ..... she has a very handsome shih tzu ..... silky long hair....and a few cats ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
taryn

no air con in yr rented house now? omg .... msia very hot leh .....
btw u bought which development ?

Last edited:

battleangel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a Jack Russel Terrier, super active girl.

I want to adopt more dogs after moving to JB. But have to leave my JRT girl behind in Singapore with my mother and grandma. She is their baobei.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a few cats, not all are so attach. They have their characters too I guess or maybe she's just weird lor. She likes walks around the estate on a leash & harness too. Even brought her along on a road trip to malacca.

Hi Taryn

Just curious r u allow to bring your cat in and out of Singapore without problem

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, i cheapo so went to rent a bare unit. Only came with tap, doors & fans. In talks with landlord to install some air con now. That should help.

I totally agree that fur kids make happier owners! Bought HH, signing S&P only, long way to move in.

taryn

no air con in yr rented house now? omg .... msia very hot leh .....
btw u bought which development ?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thunders here , furkids begged me to let them sit wif me at e sofa...

U gals furkids afraid of thunders?

Last edited:

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
No only one way. I had to weigh the options and choose which was better for them.

Chose JB for the space for them to run around and so that they can go road trips with us. But when I come SG to work, they will be lonely lor. So I built a room especially for them with toys etc. to keep them occupied when we are not around.

So far the only disadvantage for bringing them over is medical care. Until now, we can't find a vet we are totally happy with. Use to go to Companion at Balestier. Anyone can recommend?
Hi Taryn

Just curious r u allow to bring your cat in and out of Singapore without problem

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Battleangel

JR furkid very active , u still can trim her nails ..last time my friend jr so excited n jumped to kiss my forehead !
My gals are tame but i dun dare to trim their nails so i usu send to groomers to do it ...

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taryn

Hh very near to ni , next time we org furkids party , all come to ni lake picnic ...
May i ask currently where u staying ?

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently using Globalpets too, best experience in JB so far.

Thanks for the invite Crystal. Sure sounds fun! Currently staying even nearer in NI itself so we drive past your further home often (you are in the NI that's still building right?).

Taryn

Hh very near to ni , next time we org furkids party , all come to ni lake picnic ...
May i ask currently where u staying ?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah. Good. How is e security over there? Btw is e speaker bearable ? Which phase? Wow u gg to rent there for at least a few yrs while waiting for hh ready ...

Last edited:

battleangel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal,
Ya, my JR girl kisses every single visitor to our family...even kiss her groomer..haha

Taryn,
I will ask my sister her vet's name for you to check out. Not sure good or not, but the clinic is only for cats though. I think it's around BI area too.

My 5-year old niece found a kitten wandering in our backyard, and asked her mummy to adopt. To my sister horror, the little kitten has 2 inches intestines dangling outside his bowel; not sure kena abused or got run over by car. She sent the kitten to the vet and after 2 round of surgery by the vet, the kitten is now fine and adopted my sister and her family. My poor niece, after that incident each time she is asked to draw a picture of a kitten, always it comes with 2 tails....one real tail and another "extra" tail...-__-

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg. Luckily e cat met a gd owner like yr sis willing to fork out money for e surgeries!
Introduce another cat to yr niece n let her know e diff ....

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Security seems ok I guess, sometimes when i come back late my guard is asleep. LOL. Then while reading the previous LIJB2 I read there were break-ins before in NI then I began to worry. I think should be the oldest phase. Having said that, all my neighbours are very relaxed. My immediate neighbour almost never close their gate and during festive season just leave the main entrance open also. So I think rob also will be these easy targets. And our current place is so bare by looking through the window you can see there's nothing much inside. When HH house is renovated and all then I guess will put in security system. I know it's still long way to go and at least 2yrs of rental but every time go drive into HH also happy. Haha

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Battleangel for the vet info. That poor kitten but at least it had a happy ending in the end, found a loving family. Ya Crystal is right, maybe can intro another kittie to let her know or it could be her way of expressing her shock from that incident. Children have different ways of coping.

Btw Crystal, I think we are too far from the speaker. Cannot hear at all. I also dunno what time it plays as I leave for work around 9+ and is back only around midnight and I never heard it before.

battleangel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Security seems ok I guess, sometimes when i come back late my guard is asleep. LOL. Then while reading the previous LIJB2 I read there were break-ins before in NI then I began to worry. I think should be the oldest phase. Having said that, all my neighbours are very relaxed. My immediate neighbour almost never close their gate and during festive season just leave the main entrance open also. So I think rob also will be these easy targets. And our current place is so bare by looking through the window you can see there's nothing much inside. When HH house is renovated and all then I guess will put in security system. I know it's still long way to go and at least 2yrs of rental but every time go drive into HH also happy. Haha

Glad you love your HH home. Looking forward to move into my dream home in NI. :wink:. No matter what, just take precaution. Not many countries are as safe as Singapore. I will invest in security system too, and dogs are good "alarm" even if they are the smallest breed. :smile: