• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People With Fake Degrees Working At IDA

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
either fade or genuine , oversea degrees are exceptionally better than sillypoore degree,
despite the fact that govberment always proclaimed sillypooreeeeee
education standard is amongst the highest on this planet.

but this "highly qualified" degree holders are good for driving taxi ,
doing clerical work , sell insurance or property.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Exposed: Ida hired a foreigner with a degree from a known degree mill

[h=1]EXPOSED: IDA HIRED A FOREIGNER WITH A DEGREE FROM A KNOWN DEGREE MILL[/h]
Post date:
2 Apr 2015 - 10:51pm

there was a wall street investigative article a few years ago that states approximately 30%- 40% of all universities degrees from phillipines and India are fake or from degree mills... very simple why don't you just cc this website and post to IDA HR dept and MOM for them to

<Pic Credit: South Pacific University Website>

An Applications Consultant working for Infocomm Development Authority (IDA) of Singapore has been exposed for using a fake degree to get her job.

Temasek Review facebook page shard a blog link that exposed Southern Pacific University as a fictitious school created as a degree mill. According to the blogger, realeyezation, the creator of South Pacific University is a certain "Sir" Geoff Taylor who is also addressed by many titles conferred from his own university where he is the President:
Mr. Taylor holds a plethora of titles, his official one being (according to Southern Pacific University), Sir Prof. Dr. Geoffrey Taylor, B.Com, MBA, Ph.D, F.Inst.D, FAIB. That’s a mouthful of credentials but not necessarily credibility.
You may read more interesting, albeit hilarious, facts about Southern Pacific University from realeyezation's post.

A degree information forum has also actively discussed the bogus credentials of Southern Pacific University.

Furthermore, all the links for applying for a course and their "e-campus" on the Southern Pacific University Website are broken, leading users to the following page:

VqCl5BQ.jpg

The only prominent link on the homepage is one titled "Verification of Graduation". The entire website seems to be made for careless employers to click on this 1 link to check to see that the potential job applicant actually graduated from the "university".

Here is one foreigner in Singapore who openly professes that her degree is from SPU:
wIRQ1U5.png

Nisha Padmanabhan, in her linkedin profile, it says that she has been working for IDA for over a year. She first started working in Singapore for a software company, Optimum Solutions, based in Changi Business Park. Nisha subsequently job-hopped between companies lasting no longer than a year until she arrived at Hitachi as a Senior ERP Consultant where she worked for 6 years.

Aside from the Ministry of Manpower who approved her Employment Pass and the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore who hired her, below are the othercompanies who did not do their due diligence checking her credentials:
UMYQmx0.png

LTaSPka.png

SnJ4nWi.png

Just last year, a former NUS Associate Professor Anoop Shankar was exposed in the United States for holding fake credentials. Another high profile case is Yang Yin, a former tour guide from China, who used fake credentials to obtain his Permanent Residency.
Perhaps it is time the Ministry of Manpower first do their due dilligence and conduct checks for all Employment Pass holders, those who have attained Permanent Residency like Yang Yin and even those who obtained Singapore citizenship in the recent years when the PAP government opened the immigration floodgate.
The Manpower Ministry must be held accountable for such lapses because many Singaporeans have been bypassed for high paying PMET jobs taken up by foreigners.
How many fake degree holders like Anoop Shankar, Yang Yin and Nisha Padmanabhan are there out there?

Related:
NBC NEWS: NUS HIRED AN ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR WITH A FAKE PHD WHO LATER MOVED TO US
PRC WHO MANIPULATED 87YR OLD WIDOW IS A PAP SUPPORTER WHO GOT PR WITH FAKE DEGREE

there was a wall street investigative article a few years ago that states approximately 30%- 40% of all universities degrees from phillipines and India are fake or from degree mills... very simple why don't you just cc this website and post to IDA HR dept and MOM for them to investigate.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am confident that the IDA is innocent. They are careful and professional in their work at the MBC.

Perhaps the MOM dropped the ball again. And again. Blame that idiot Tan Chuan Jin and his team of FT lovers.

TheMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Original thread deleted at EDMW, people are screaming coverup and it smells like one

Why would in the world would anyone list a degree mill qualification on linkedin if they were not using it

Cover up

TheMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am confident that the IDA is innocent

Only way i see this happening is that maybe the lady is a contractor (outsourced) and the contractor did not do due diligence, but does
that absolve IDA from the blame?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only way i see this happening is that maybe the lady is a contractor (outsourced) and the contractor did not do due diligence, but does
that absolve IDA from the blame?

We did not know! But that is of little concern. Did you expect us to check if our suppliers hire only degree grads from acreditted institutions? Do you want us to get in the way of meritocracy at work? Singapore must stay true to its meritocratic roots.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Having fake degree is meritocratic??

Very simple you see. Academic performance does not equate to job performance, unless you are a government sponsored scholar of superior stock like me. I am hired for my potential. They are hired for being good at their work. Don't try to compare your dumping ground degrees against our ivy league ones. Like night and day, cannot be compared.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Very simple you see. Academic performance does not equate to job performance, unless you are a government sponsored scholar of superior stock like me. I am hired for my potential. They are hired for being good at their work. Don't try to compare your dumping ground degrees against our ivy league ones. Like night and day, cannot be compared.

not just ivy league, there's a perceived pecking order depending on cuntry, college, and class of scholarship. for example, if you're a president's scholar with acceptance into oxford in the u.k., you're a made man, not just a wiseguy. mafia boss will be your mentor, and he may push his unmarried daughter to you. of course, these days, it's better to get accepted to stanford or harvard and use the scholarship to pay for all expenses. the reward after the bdsm bondage period is tremendous. you go further and make more money with a stanford and harvard or mit degree than old school oxford and cambridge. oxford opens up doors to rub genitalia with royalty and cambridge is just nostalgic alma mater to reminisce about ky gel mating with gecko in some dorm room.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We got lots of good academic grade ministars leh. Are their performance up to par? They still get paid million-dollar salaries plus bonus.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

We got lots of good academic grade ministars leh. Are their performance up to par? They still get paid million-dollar salaries plus bonus.

excellent example: ah zorro :kma:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

they study well but brain not working..something wrong with their education.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Original thread deleted at EDMW, people are screaming coverup and it smells like one

Why would in the world would anyone list a degree mill qualification on linkedin if they were not using it

Cover up

Sinkies seem to have forgotten that HWZ is owned by the pappies. :rolleyes:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then why certain jobs require candidate to possess degree? Might as well say just send resume with job history and experience, if we short list you, come for interview and test.:biggrin:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....What are our ICA/IDA and statutory boards doing? Why are foreigners with fake qualifications given Employement passes? What in the world is going on?...

The answer to your question is because the ICA/IDA and other Govt bodies are now staffed by idiots who are easily conned by foreigners. When the Minister in charge of the relevant Ministries are not smart enough to handle these scamming foreigners, these Govt employees will remain as blur as sotongs.

No wonder all kinds of foreigners love the sinkie land.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

this place is really going down hill with embarrasingly stupid posts appearing in ever increasing rate.

if you are hired for your potential then what is the basis? is it not based on your paper qualification? or you want to say it is your hair style or your underwear colour during the interview?

so if it is paper qualification then of course fake degree or not matters.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

they study well but brain not working..something wrong with their education.
i think they may have studied too hard to do well until the brain is permanently damaged.

so the $m part time ministar salary is really reasonable as compensation for their disability