• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

people who only worked 1 job all his life

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had been a 'job hopper' all my life, by the time I hit 40, I already had done more than 20 jobs/employer

I am often amaze at people who spend their whole life on 1 single job, same employer

in my circle of friends, there are already 2 of them...

I wonder how common this is

one chap who work for texas instrument when he left school and work there
until 42 years, (about 20 years on 1 job)
when the company close shop
these peoples life literally fell apart or close shop
becos they only know 1 thing
only know one skill
only know 1 job
they only know how to survive like that
their mind is straight
they find it impossible to cope
they find it hard to work on a new job
they cant cope with new colleauges

the other chap manage to work whole life on one job (same job, same employer) and retired
he was lucky, he was like a cat that got away
he dint have to face the music
he din have to face his darkest fears
he din have to face his demons

Last edited:

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did your friend's first job at TI becomes last and only real job?

These days chronic job hopping peasants only gets contract jobs.

I had been a 'job hopper' all my life, by the time I hit 40, I already had done more than 20 jobs/employer

I am often amaze at people who spend their whole life on 1 single job, same employer

only know one skill
only know 1 job
their mind is straight

the other chap manage to work whole life on one job (same job, same employer) and retired

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal

only know one skill
only know 1 job
their mind is straight

In my current company, there is tones of peoples that work here all their lifes. This is their 1st job and until now still workling here.........!

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also work one job all my life :(
actually at one time I told my boss let me go la, I want to see and learn how other people work, after 2 years my boss said ok you learned enuff oreddy, come back la_ your table got cob web allover already

so I went back to do my only job :biggrin:

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the one who has worked for 50 years whipping Singaporeans into shape and digging spurs into them to make them work harder? Have pity on him, it is not an easy job controlling unthinking pathetic animals. :biggrin:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel sorry for you, not able to hold a steady job

Perhaps if you adopt a better attitude, things will improve

Take care

only know one skill
only know 1 job
their mind is straight

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi, i think when you are young,you shld job hop but when you reach thirties,you shld have stayed on. I only wished that I can stay on but unfortunately, I was being intimidated and harrassed by ex-colleagues(I guessed must be ISD related),ex-bosses were easily intimidated by me.

hey,btw,if one day if I chanced upon and punched my ex-colleague whom i deemed as play bastard,will I go to jail?Any law enforcers can advise?
Most likely this asshole,with his sneaky nature, will not fight back and his ISD father will step in,will I get into trouble? thks.

only know one skill
only know 1 job
their mind is straight

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The most successful of my friends are chronic job hoppers and some of them eventually start their own business.

The most failure of my friends are those stay in same job their whole life and accept whatever shit comes their way.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Usually one job will not give a person great exposure. It is a tell-tale sign that this person resist change, win in office politics, a follower, know he/she is overpaid and will not be paid the same elsewhere, lack aspirations, lazy and enjoy lots of freedom such many tea breaks and lesser responsibility.

Usually, this happen more often in civil service sector than private sector.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

All Sinkies born after 9 Aug 65 have had the same boss from the day they popped out of mummy's tummy.

They spend their whole lives cursing the boss but still love him enough to keep him going after all these years.:rolleyes:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never believe that 'loyalty' is something an employee should give a company. Because when the going gets tough, the company will 'reward' your loyalty with retrenchment, and good luck if you're someone who's been with it for decades! An employee is always someone who gets the short end of the stick - profits mostly go to top management and board of directors. So employees should always be on the lookout for the best deals, diversify their skills, and maybe become bosses one day.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Sinkies born after 9 Aug 65 have had the same boss from the day they popped out of mummy's tummy.

They spend their whole lives cursing the boss but still love him enough to keep him going after all these years.:rolleyes:

So any idiot sinkie who stayed in Sinkland and thought he/she already did change their job since 1965..WAS AND STILL IS AN IDIOT till now!:biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
individuals have their own way of life.

i do job hope, hoping to get better deals. my longest job is only 4 yrs.
ppl says lidat i not stable etc.....:eek:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my ex-company, there was a very nice lady colleague around late 30s. Think she worked for the company for 8-10 years since the company was first set up. Why I say she nice? Cos others usually geh siao and push shit to u, but she will really take time to guide u even if she don't benefit.

She rose up to be General Manager from some lowly position through the years.

Then 2 years ago, heard that boss changed, and was quite du lan with her cos she comes in late by a few mins like 5-10 every morning. Then think made things difficult for her and she du lan so quit. Can't find a job that match her pay after several months. Not sure about now.

Btw the company is a Japanese MNC. So punctuality v important.

R

redlightmeansgo

Usually one job will not give a person great exposure. It is a tell-tale sign that this person resist change, win in office politics, a follower, know he/she is overpaid and will not be paid the same elsewhere, lack aspirations, lazy and enjoy lots of freedom such many tea breaks and lesser responsibility.

Usually, this happen more often in civil service sector than private sector.

Standing Ovation!!!!!! Bro you just did a rousing appraisal of those fucktards called civil (which they are not) serfs.

Let me add that many of them are also bullies who expect you to suck their cocks at their beck and call. Becos they do this at their workplace as a privilege and protocol, they expect people from the private sector to behave like wise. To think that many of them are "scholars"!

Amazing how you could have gone to school but remain uneducated all your life!