• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pe by-election: Opposition parties to score into their own goal

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP stands a very good chance of losing the coming by-election in PE.
However, if there is more than one opposition candidates the PAP will win the election.
Uncle will like to hear some good comments and views, please.

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP stands a very good chance of losing the coming by-election in PE.
However, if there is more than one opposition candidates the PAP will win the election.
Uncle will like to hear some good comments and views, please.

It is an opinion poll job.

ChannelG

Alfrescian
Loyal
The general folks there will only recognise either the lightning or hammer. Very straight forward fight and outcome, my guess.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It depends if those porlumpars in Punggol are loyal to Michael Palmer or to the PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The general folks there will only recognise either the lightning or hammer. Very straight forward fight and outcome, my guess.

Thor-Character.jpg
gJVp0.jpg

Singapore politics: Norse god vs Greek god.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you expect on Nomination Day. Will the SDP really stand against the WP? Who will be the joker in the pack? Will you vote for the Reform Party or the son of JBJ?

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure what is there to fret about amongst WP supporters unless they are conscious of the WP MP's performance or lack of in parliament.

If indeed its a straight fight between PAP and WP (WP has a very strong base and resonance mostly with the hawker centre Ah Bengs types and Xiaxue bashers); with the rest of the political party candidates losing their deposits or getting less than 5% of the votes why the need for the WP super base to fear a multi cornered contest?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not sure what is there to fret about amongst WP supporters unless they are conscious of the WP MP's performance or lack of in parliament.

If indeed its a straight fight between PAP and WP (WP has a very strong base and resonance mostly with the hawker centre Ah Bengs types and Xiaxue bashers); with the rest of the political party candidates losing their deposits or getting less than 5% of the votes why the need for the WP super base to fear a multi cornered contest?

Never underestimate SDP. Among opposition, I see them coming 2nd next to WP. Given a 3-corner fight between SDP, WP and PAP. The opposition votes will certainly split, SDP may ranked 3rd in votes support. Thus there is no winner between two opposition camps, PAP may retain the sit.

If 3-corner fight is inevitable, I hope to see the following outcome.

WP retain 41% of its voters as per last election in Ponggol East
PAP 54% votes will be diluted by SDP presence though SDP will not be a winner but a distractor of PAP camp.

Whichever fights that turns out. SDP can and will never become the majority shares of votes among the 3.

With regard to RP and SDA, their manpower are too tiny to be of any threat to PAP. In fact, PAP hope these smaller parties can come in, the more the merrier, to confuse the voters such that people will vote for either WP or PAP. SDP will curse RP and SDA for taking away much that SDP hope for.

As such, I still prefer a straight fight between WP and PAP. This will be a real show to come without any other cooks to spoil the food.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP retain it's 41%, maybe higher percentage.

rest of opposition parties and independents will share that Desmond Lim 5%.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It may end up like another presidential election where opposition votes are split so much that PAP won it in the end

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It may end up like another presidential election where opposition votes are split so much that PAP won it in the end

latest news form cns...maybe 6 cornered fight!!!!! KJ may be contesting!!! i told u so...the oppo is in a mess and all are trying their luck at the $16K per month.....

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Why can't the opposition learn to work together? Get in and slowly gain the majority. Once they have that, then they can start with their own agendas.

I think most opposition leaders have inflated egos and refuse to work with anyone else.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why can't the opposition learn to work together? Get in and slowly gain the majority. Once they have that, then they can start with their own agendas.

I think most opposition leaders have inflated egos and refuse to work with anyone else.

you are spot on! pap loves these wonderful oppo leaders...adding belachan into the political landscape!!!...clowning around only during election and makan anging when no election....then spoil everything for everybody....and kpkb in cyberland

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are spot on! pap loves these wonderful oppo leaders...adding belachan into the political landscape!!!...clowning around only during election and makan anging when no election....then spoil everything for everybody....and kpkb in cyberland

The surprising early by-election is precisely because of the anticipated host of opposition candidates. Those who simply will vote against the PAP will have their votes spread out and diluted amongst the opposition candidates. The PAP will walk in just like the current 1/3 President.:(