• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pastor used saw and chopper to deface Guan Yin Statute caught on video!

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
The women who were praying to Kwan yin(观音菩萨) were praying to wooden statue. If they were true Buddhist (学佛)they wouldn't have converted to Christianity。
what the pastor destroy were just wooden statue, so basically there were no problem. Why quarrel over wood. The pastor was sawing wood. Buddha didn't want his followers to pray to his image or statue too. He wanted his followers to follow his teaching. 修定,开智慧,去无明。

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look I was as upset about you with the pastors actions initially, but another member explained it already. This also happened in Taiwan, not Singapore.

That's not true as I know Singapore Christian does destroy the newly converts idol in their home too.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The women who were praying to Kwan yin(观音菩萨) were praying to wooden statue. If they were true Buddhist (学佛)they wouldn't have converted to Christianity。
what the pastor destroy were just wooden statue, so basically there were no problem. Why quarrel over wood. The pastor was sawing wood. Buddha didn't want his followers to pray to his image or statue too. He wanted his followers to follow his teaching. 修定,开智慧,去无明。

The by taking your explanation, why would all the Buddhist temple having those idols then?

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal

a very enlightened post. good!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They got no respect for other religion and culture..that is bad..

i thought being respectful is a virtue..and they do not have such virtue.

of course, by disrespecting sinkie is actually a wholesome virtue.

Then you are free to fuck back to matland and respect your UMNO masters.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Guan Yin is never a threat to this pastor's religion, will he even bother to mention about Guan Yin, let alone saw it?

Obviously, deep inside him, he fear the peoples'respect and believe in Guan Yin.

Last edited:

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Guan Yin is never a threat to this pastor's religion, but he even bother to mention about Guan Yin, let alone saw it?

Obviously, deep inside him, he fear the peoples'respect and believe in Guan Yin.

you are quite right
so much prayers, chantings, mantras, exhortations, exorcism etc etc to commit a hideous crime...

karma will be the non judgemental decision on such a unwholesome and unnecessary act - just to display the superiority of another belief..

rather foolish....om mani padme hum....

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can say that and are free to say that. But when Singapore does succumb to Islam and you are now fighting with Muslims for your own lives, don't say I didn't warn you.

Take your warning and stick that up your mother chow cheebye for not aborting a fucking monster like you.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Guan Yin is never a threat to this pastor's religion, but he even bother to mention about Guan Yin, let alone saw it?

He even stamped his foot on Guan Yin. Its then very insulting! Its really unnecessarily!

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you are very right.

The way the Pastor expressed through his extremist actions like prancing nervously around, blabbering , stamping and then trying to saw off (beheading) the statue of Guanyin is a distress sign that he is very jealous, angry and possessing deep fear of the genuine respect and beliefs many had for Guanyin , even among his own Christian flocks.

These are signs of a deep lack of confidence on the part of the Pastor of his own faith and also an admission of acceptance that his so call powerful christian faith is no match for even a statue of Guan Yin..which to Buddhists is a symbol of compassion.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think you are very right.

The way the Pastor expressed through his extremist actions like prancing nervously around, blabbering , stamping and then trying to saw off (beheading) the statue of Guanyin is a distress sign that he is very jealous, angry and possessing deep fear of the genuine respect and beliefs many had for Guanyin , even among his own Christian flocks.

These are signs of a deep lack of confidence on the part of the Pastor of his own faith and also an admission of acceptance that his so call powerful christian faith is no match for even a statue of Guan Yin..which to Buddhists is a symbol of compassion.

If Guan Yin means nothing to him and his flock, he wouldn't give a flying fuck about Guan Yin.

.... The fear is deep inside him....

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
The images reminded us of the various Buddhas and Bodhisattvas. Buddha would rather his followers understand his teachings(Dharma) instead of praying to statues.
假如供养恒沙圣不如坚勇求正觉。= Buddha would rather his followers pursue the right path and gain enlightenment instead of spending time making offerings to holy man and building temples.

Kangtangman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The images reminded us of the various Buddhas and Bodhisattvas. Buddha would rather his followers understand his teachings(Dharma) instead of praying to statues.
假如供养恒沙圣不如坚勇求正觉。= Buddha would rather his followers pursue the right path and gain enlightenment instead of spending time making offerings to holy man and building temples.

Look don't take it the wrong way I am just learning about this religion recently only.

So by your context these temples and idols should not have been there in the first place? So why then these temples and monastery are having these idols in the first place? I believe those monks and nuns who practices this Buddhism should know that right? And they have been there for century in some countries.

And do you go to these temples and pay your respect to these idols then?

Lionheart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look don't take it the wrong way I am just learning about this religion recently only.

So by your context these temples and idols should not have been there in the first place? So why then these temples and monastery are having these idols in the first place? I believe those monks and nuns who practices this Buddhism should know that right? And they have been there for century in some countries.

And do you go to these temples and pay your respect to these idols then?

this is a very common argument for idolatry...

but those who know would not want to comment much on what you have pointed out rightly....

but you will soon realize that in fact EVERYTING IS JUST EMPTINESS

if you have reached that stage, you would not even post such a question....let alone ask about idols and statues....