• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP's Sitoh wants to thrash opposition at potong pasir

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dec 20, 2010
PAP's Sitoh wants third crack at Potong Pasir
By Teo Wan Gek
Potong Pasir PAP grassroots adviser Sitoh Yih Pin speaking with (from left) Edusave Scholarship recipient Rohit Kumar Singh, 15, his father Rama Shankar, 46, mother Mona, 39, and elder brother Koshan Kumar, 19, yesterday. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA

MR SITOH Yih Pin, the People's Action Party's grassroots adviser in Potong Pasir, has a New Year wish for 2011: He wants to be fielded again as the ward's PAP candidate in the coming general election.

The 47-year-old chairman of an accounting firm told The Straits Times yesterday on the sidelines of a constituency event: 'Historically, no PAP person has stood in Potong Pasir three times consecutively. Given a choice, I would like to come back here.'

'But it's not up to me to decide,' he added.

Mr Sitoh contested in the 2001 and 2006 elections, losing to the Singapore Democratic Alliance's Mr Chiam See Tong with 47.6 per cent and 44.2 per cent of the votes respectively.

If he contests again in Potong Pasir, he is likely to face Mr Chiam's wife Lina, 61. Mr Chiam himself has indicated that he will form a team to contest a group representation constituency (GRC).

Mr Sitoh's predecessor in Potong Pasir, Mr Andy Gan, stood and lost twice in 1991 and 1997 before being moved to the PAP's Marine Parade GRC team. Mr Gan retired from politics in 2006.

Mr Sitoh told The Straits Times that the question of his candidacy in the next election came up during a dialogue he had yesterday with residents of three HUDC blocks in Potong Pasir Avenue 1.

The three blocks are slated for privatisation if at least 75 per cent of residents agree to it.

At the dialogue, Mr Sitoh also revealed plans to redevelop the Kallang River Promenade by adding pavilions, jogging tracks and exercise and senior citizens' corners. He has held meetings with the PUB.

The plans were part of his manifesto in the 2006 election.

Yesterday afternoon, Mr Sitoh hand-delivered Edusave Merit Bursaries and Edusave Scholarships to 12 of his residents. Over the next one month, he will hand-deliver the rest of the 244 awards to other recipients in Potong Pasir.

'This way, I can spend more quality time with each and every one of the recipients,' he said.

In previous years, he handed out the certificates to recipients in a ceremony at the community club.

Third-time scholarship recipient Rohit Kumar Singh, 15, a Secondary 3 student at St Andrew's Secondary School, scored seven As and one B in his final examinations this year. He hopes to enter Raffles Institution (Junior College) and study medicine in university.

'Two weeks before the examinations, I studied for six hours straight every day. My favourite subject is Biology,' he said. He intends to deposit his $400 award into his savings account.

When asked by The Straits Times if his going door-to-door had anything to do with the upcoming general election, Mr Sitoh said: 'In life, it is very rare to be given the opportunity to feverishly pursue something we are passionate about.

'I am very passionate about Potong Pasir.'

THREE FOR ME

'Historically, no PAP person has stood in Potong Pasir three times consecutively. Given a choice, I would like to come back here.'

Mr Sitoh Yih Pin, PAP grassroots adviser in Potong Pasir

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't Chiam taking on a GRC while the Wife try to hold onto Potong Pasir

If Mrs Chiam win in this general election, it would be more embarrasing for Sito.

It would be very embarassing for the PAP as well. A well groom and trained politician with abalone porridge as a briibe cannot beat a newbie. The message is very clear that opposition would vote for anybody except PAP

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dec 20, 2010
By Teo Wan Gek
Potong Pasir PAP grassroots adviser Sitoh Yih Pin speaking with (from left) Edusave Scholarship recipient Rohit Kumar Singh, 15, his father Rama Shankar, 46, mother Mona, 39, and elder brother Koshan Kumar, 19, yesterday. -- ST PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA

The three blocks are slated for privatisation if at least 75 per cent of residents agree to it.

So this part of sitoh's manifesto in 2010 election
At the dialogue, Mr Sitoh also revealed plans to redevelop the Kallang River Promenade by adding pavilions, jogging tracks and exercise and senior citizens' corners. He has held meetings with the PUB.

The plans were part of his manifesto in the 2006 election.[

Potong Pasir's residents truly thank God that they did not vote PAP, see his manifesto in the 2006 election not carried out and would continue to con Potong Pasir with his brought forward manifesto

/B]Yesterday afternoon, Mr Sitoh hand-delivered Edusave Merit Bursaries and Edusave Scholarships to 12 of his residents. (CST or his) Over the next one month, he will hand-deliver the rest of the 244 awards to other recipients in Potong Pasir.
Is he saying that he has 12 supporters and CST has 244 supporters

'This way, I can spend more quality time with each and every one of the recipients,' he said.

In previous years, he handed out the certificates to recipients in a ceremony at the community club.

'Historically, no PAP person has stood in Potong Pasir three times consecutively. Given a choice, I would like to come back here.'

How about this once bitten twice shy, three times bitten no more shy

By Teo Wan Gek

So this part of sitoh's manifesto in 2010 election

The plans were part of his manifesto in the 2006 election.[

Potong Pasir's residents truly thank God that they did not vote PAP, see his manifesto in the 2006 election not carried out and would continue to con Potong Pasir with his brought forward manifesto

/B]Yesterday afternoon, Mr Sitoh hand-delivered Edusave Merit Bursaries and Edusave Scholarships to 12 of his residents. (CST or his) Over the next one month, he will hand-deliver the rest of the 244 awards to other recipients in Potong Pasir.
Is he saying that he has 12 supporters and CST has 244 supporters

How about this once bitten twice shy, three times bitten no more shy
Mr Sitoh Yih Pin, PAP grassroots adviser in Potong Pasir[/QUOTE]

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...this Sitoh more kuku than kukubird.
he should have known by now that Papee viewed him as dispensable...

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sitoh may or may not be fielded at PP.

of course...he is just a small pawn.
but he quite smart, actually not that kuku after all...tell the whole world that he would like to stand in PP.
In case he is moved elsewhere, it was Gay loong's decision.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he will be fielded in Potong Pasir lah...hopefully he 3rd time lucky...if he can be given permission to launch these publicity stunts...it means he has been given the nod to run again...

To PAP, there is no harm...if he lose...against Chiam's wife...it is embarassing but not so much compared to they put a heavy gun (eg: Mah)...

If he wins, PAP claims credit...

his chance of winning higher if Chiam's wife run...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sitoh wants to win coz the prize is big.
All the former losers to CST have been given ministerial posts when they eventually managed to get into parliament.
His masters wants to proof to us that by voting for CST we have denied Singapore of 'ministerial calibre' MPs. Sitoh knows this and has his eyes on the prize.

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sitoh wants to win coz the prize is big.
All the former losers to CST have been given ministerial posts when they eventually managed to get into parliament.
His masters wants to proof to us that by voting for CST we have denied Singapore of 'ministerial calibre' MPs. Sitoh knows this and has his eyes on the prize.

Correction, Andy gan lost twice and gt in from back door on 3rd attempt. After dat he was out! Sitoh prob dun wan such a fate

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it more likely that there's no more Potong Pasir SMC by the next GE. Potong Pasir population has shrunk to almost half the size for a standard SMC. Sitoh Yih Pin has averaged 46% over the past two elections. Whether it's drawn into Bishan-Toa Payoh, Jalan Besar or Aljunied, the three GRCs adjacent to Potong Pasir, none of the incumbent MPs there should be worried as it's bordering on a neutral, and a small neutral at that to affect anything much. Any of the abovementioned GRCs could easily shed a division to form a new SMC in exchange for absorbing Potong Pasir.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
leave chiam see tong there lah dun kajiau that old man mah.
let him 'tong' a bit more lah - just that small estate only.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it more likely that there's no more Potong Pasir SMC by the next GE. Potong Pasir population has shrunk to almost half the size for a standard SMC. Sitoh Yih Pin has averaged 46% over the past two elections. Whether it's drawn into Bishan-Toa Payoh, Jalan Besar or Aljunied, the three GRCs adjacent to Potong Pasir, none of the incumbent MPs there should be worried as it's bordering on a neutral, and a small neutral at that to affect anything much. Any of the abovementioned GRCs could easily shed a division to form a new SMC in exchange for absorbing Potong Pasir.

===

all these to ensure Sitoh wins? Come on...Sitoh if he is capable shld win fair and square...LOL

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dec 20, 2010
By Teo Wan Gek

MR SITOH Yih Pin, the People's Action Party's grassroots adviser in Potong Pasir, has a New Year wish for 2011: He wants to be fielded again as the ward's PAP candidate in the coming general election.

The 47-year-old chairman of an accounting firm told The Straits Times yesterday on the sidelines of a constituency event: 'Historically, no PAP person has stood in Potong Pasir three times consecutively. Given a choice, I would like to come back here.'

'But it's not up to me to decide,' he added.

Mr Sitoh contested in the 2001 and 2006 elections, losing to the Singapore Democratic Alliance's Mr Chiam See Tong with 47.6 per cent and 44.2 per cent of the votes respectively.

If he contests again in Potong Pasir, he is likely to face Mr Chiam's wife Lina, 61. Mr Chiam himself has indicated that he will form a team to contest a group representation constituency (GRC).

Mr Sitoh's predecessor in Potong Pasir, Mr Andy Gan, stood and lost twice in 1991 and 1997 before being moved to the PAP's Marine Parade GRC team. Mr Gan retired from politics in 2006.

Mr Sitoh told The Straits Times that the question of his candidacy in the next election came up during a dialogue he had yesterday with residents of three HUDC blocks in Potong Pasir Avenue 1.

The plans were part of his manifesto in the 2006 election.

Yesterday afternoon, Mr Sitoh hand-delivered Edusave Merit Bursaries and Edusave Scholarships to 12 of his residents. Over the next one month, he will hand-deliver the rest of the 244 awards to other recipients in Potong Pasir.

Third-time scholarship recipient Rohit Kumar Singh, 15, a Secondary 3 student at St Andrew's Secondary School, scored seven As and one B in his final examinations this year. He hopes to enter Raffles Institution (Junior College) and study medicine in university.

'Two weeks before the examinations, I studied for six hours straight every day. My favourite subject is Biology,' he said. He intends to deposit his $400 award into his savings account.

When asked by The Straits Times if his going door-to-door had anything to do with the upcoming general election, Mr Sitoh said: 'In life, it is very rare to be given the opportunity to feverishly pursue something we are passionate about.

'I am very passionate about Potong Pasir.'

THREE FOR ME

Is pathetic to use edusave Merit Bursaries and Edusave Scholarships to entice voters. Witness one such award ceremony by a Malay Minister, the parents are made to wait one hour before the minister arrived, after collecting the certificate they just walk off, the school cannot do anything because it comprises of different school in that district guess what when the last certificate was given out the hall is empty, only the Minister and his followers were there to enjoy themselves with the buffet . Singaporean has learn to receive what is given to them is entitlement.