• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAPee's Insatiable Greed Knows No Bound

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>June 28, 2009
YOUR LETTERS
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Don't put profits before members
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I refer to the article, 'Shuttlers riled by Safra move to rent out hall for events' (June14).
Safra is a non-profit organisation funded through money set aside by the Ministry of Defence for the benefit of national servicemen and their families.
I am sure that when the Safra Toa Payoh clubhouse was first developed, the hosting of fairs and exhibitions in its multi-purpose hall was not in the plans.
So why is there a need for such events now, if not for the purpose of increasing revenue?
All of Safra's badminton courts are heavily booked during the weekends.
As an avid badminton player myself, I have often faced difficulty in booking a slot through Safra Online.
Safra may get more revenue by renting out the entire hall, but my worry is that it will then become an organisation that values profits over members' needs.
Kevin Lim