• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP wants to pay JHK doctors $3500 for 4 days of work

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore ‘entices’ Malaysian doctors to work in Covid-19 care centres​

K. Parkaran
-
October 18, 2021 1:12 PM
hospital-covid.jpg
The HMI group says quarantine, work permit and Singapore Medical Council licensing will be fast tracked so that they can start work immediately. (AP pic)

PETALING JAYA: Faced with an increasing number of Covid-19 cases in Singapore, a hospital group in the republic has sent out a message on social media inviting medical officers (MOs) from Malaysia to work there on a contract basis.

Besides offering a reasonably attractive salary upon conversion to the Malaysian currency, the advertiser said all necessary documents required for Malaysian doctors to be employed in Singapore would be fast tracked.

“Quarantine, work permit and Singapore Medical Council licensing will be fast tracked so that they can start work immediately. Graduates from non-MoH (ministry of health) approved medical schools can also apply,” the viral message said, adding that those interested were required to have at least three years of experience.

Checks with the contact person named in the message confirmed that the offer is from the HMI Group, a regional private healthcare provider with a presence in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.

According to the terms of the offer, the MOs will be paid a monthly salary of S$3,500 (RM10,796) for four days of work with a 12-hour shift.

“Thereafter, S$300 (RM925) will be paid for each additional 12-hour shift that they take on for the month. In addition, S$10 (RM30) will be paid for every telemedicine consultation performed,” it added.
HMI said the contract would be for a minimum of six months with the possibility of longer term arrangements based on the performance of the doctors.
“They must be prepared to care for Covid-19 patients in an in-patient setting. Training and PPE (personal protective equipment) will be given. Assistance with housing will also be provided,” it added.

A doctor who contacted the advertiser was told MOs would be assigned to Covid-19 recovery centres and treatment facilities.
According to the health ministry of Singapore, 1,651 cases are currently warded in hospitals with 327 requiring respiratory assistance and 66 in the intensive care unit.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you smell the desperation of MOH? Sounds like not only nurses are quitting, doctors too. That's how bad PAP handled this! Just a reminder for these Malaysian doctors to not fall for the trap of temporary licences.

Or maybe they realised Malaysian doctors are better skilled at handling Covid and Sg doctors are useless?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will you trust a doctor who is willing to accept a monthly salary of S$3,500 (RM10,796) for four days of work with a 12-hour shift.?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will you trust a doctor who is willing to accept a monthly salary of S$3,500 (RM10,796) for four days of work with a 12-hour shift.?

Depends on what kind of doctors. For a 'Covid care centre', I bet those polyclinic or blood bank doctors can do the job. Just do your best with the routine procedures, and if everything else fails, call Roland Tay and he will take over from there. :cool:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imuho is onlee a comfort fee. Someone told my uncle we always need to downgrade levels of professionals from Asean I.e loctor is nurse level nurse is maid level etc

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to the terms of the offer, the MOs will be paid a monthly salary of S$3,500 (RM10,796) for four days of work with a 12-hour shift.

I cum from lousy school, I can ask: how does this work? Four days per week?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
So good the kangtao why not give it to our talent surplus mother land? :thumbsdown:

Motherfucker land are all frauds, they will end up raping the covid victim, even Ho Ching this kind of LCB also got chance to have her cheebye lips spread wide and curry pour in.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Singapore ‘entices’ Malaysian doctors to work in Covid-19 care centres​

K. Parkaran
-
October 18, 2021 1:12 PM
hospital-covid.jpg
The HMI group says quarantine, work permit and Singapore Medical Council licensing will be fast tracked so that they can start work immediately. (AP pic)

PETALING JAYA: Faced with an increasing number of Covid-19 cases in Singapore, a hospital group in the republic has sent out a message on social media inviting medical officers (MOs) from Malaysia to work there on a contract basis.

Besides offering a reasonably attractive salary upon conversion to the Malaysian currency, the advertiser said all necessary documents required for Malaysian doctors to be employed in Singapore would be fast tracked.

“Quarantine, work permit and Singapore Medical Council licensing will be fast tracked so that they can start work immediately. Graduates from non-MoH (ministry of health) approved medical schools can also apply,” the viral message said, adding that those interested were required to have at least three years of experience.

Checks with the contact person named in the message confirmed that the offer is from the HMI Group, a regional private healthcare provider with a presence in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.

“Thereafter, S$300 (RM925) will be paid for each additional 12-hour shift that they take on for the month. In addition, S$10 (RM30) will be paid for every telemedicine consultation performed,” it added.
HMI said the contract would be for a minimum of six months with the possibility of longer term arrangements based on the performance of the doctors.
“They must be prepared to care for Covid-19 patients in an in-patient setting. Training and PPE (personal protective equipment) will be given. Assistance with housing will also be provided,” it added.

A doctor who contacted the advertiser was told MOs would be assigned to Covid-19 recovery centres and treatment facilities.
According to the health ministry of Singapore, 1,651 cases are currently warded in hospitals with 327 requiring respiratory assistance and 66 in the intensive care unit.
Sounds like $3500 for 4 days of work. Each day of work consisting of 12 hour work shifts.

So $3500 for 48h of work. $72.92 per hour.

But only 48h a month.

Any additional 12h shifts taken in the month will be paid $300. Ie $25 per hour?

Sounds weird. And pay is so low. $25/h I think working as grab food delivery can earn that much too?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

I cum from lousy school, I can ask: how does this work? Four days per week?
4 days per month. 12h each day. $3500. Ie $72.92/h.
Additional days will be $300/day ie $300/12h ie $25/h.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4 days per month. 12h each day. $3500. Ie $72.92/h.
Additional days will be $300/day ie $300/12h ie $25/h.
Thanks. Although I still don't understand the rationale for the employment terms to be
so unusual...but I suppose they must have their reasons.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thanks. Although I still don't understand the rationale for the employment terms to be
so unusual...but I suppose they must have their reasons.

I think it is just a stop gap measure. Perhaps they are finding it difficult to find enough SG drs to staff the clinics. And they also do not want to pay.

So find cheap Drs from Malaysia. Hoping the SGD to RM conversion will entice the MY Drs to go to SG.

I frankly think this is a compromise on standards.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like $3500 for 4 days of work. Each day of work consisting of 12 hour work shifts.

So $3500 for 48h of work. $72.92 per hour.

But only 48h a month.

Any additional 12h shifts taken in the month will be paid $300. Ie $25 per hour?

Sounds weird. And pay is so low. $25/h I think working as grab food delivery can earn that much too?
All you rich folks cannot understand the angmo in the headline because you guys earn big bucks.
the monthly salary for these jiuhukia is S$3500 for the whole fucking month for 4 days work week. So it S$3500 for 16 days month, 192 hours month each mean around S$18+ per hour. Not even locum rate. Only desperate or unqualified jiuhukia will be attracted by such Low ball amount.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
All you rich folks cannot understand the angmo in the headline because you guys earn big bucks.
the monthly salary for these jiuhukia is S$3500 for the whole fucking month for 4 days work week. So it S$3500 for 16 days month, 192 hours month each mean around S$18+ per hour. Not even locum rate. Only desperate or unqualified jiuhukia will be attracted by such Low ball amount.

Good you said that. For a while I thought hey is it 4 days a week ie 16 days a month only $3500? Cannot be right?

Sibeh jia lat like that.

$18/hr......

But it makes more sense lah. So base rate is $18/hr. If Jiuhu Dr want to work more shift then go up to $25/hr!

SG Drs better be careful man. Maybe MOH is trialing this system. If enough Jiuhu Drs come and do well working for $18/hr maybe the local SG Drs will no longer have jobs liao.

FTs coming to displace SG Drs!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good you said that. For a while I thought hey is it 4 days a week ie 16 days a month only $3500? Cannot be right?

Sibeh jia lat like that.

$18/hr......

SG Drs better be careful man. Maybe MOH is trialing this system. If enough Jiuhu Drs come and do well working for $18/hr maybe the local SG Drs will no longer have jobs liao.

FTs coming to displace SG Drs!
don’t be fooled by “4 days”. 12-hr shift per work day is no joke. 48 hours a week is over the 40-hr work week allowed by cal labor and osha. over that, it’s voluntary and employer must pay overtime rates. this is coolie and peasant work condition.