• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Twists The Truth

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The pap keeps saying foreign talents are needed in Singapore. That's stating the obvious. The pap further said that Singaporeans must not be against FT. That's not the truth. Singaporeans are not against FT!!

Singaporeans are against the blatant influx of cheap foreign labour. No quality checks, no criminal background checks, unabated quantity of cheap labour affects social conhesion and quality of SG life.

So dont let the pap twist the truth. Singaporeans are not against foreign talent nor competition.

Singaporeans are against unrelenting import of cheap unqualified and unskilled labour that affect the wellness of SG life. Singaporeans are against unchecked backgrounds of foreigners who may have criminal records. Singaporeans are against the unabated influx of foreigners when infrastructure, hospitals, amenities, buses, trains are not ready for such a huge increase. Are these oppositions wrong?

It's the pap's fault that singaporeans are turning against cheap foreign labour because the pap didnt prepare adequately fro SG to have such a sudden increase and for letting in so many cheap, unqualified labour that cause social problems

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is moderation and balance

In some cases like marine, hotel F&B, definitely need FTs

Some cases like IT services, wah lau we got so many IT grads from uni and poly, import FT will kill them

For me, playing in a band at a KTV, I think FT is good because the Pinoys really upgrade the standards.

I play with Pinoys my skill also improve and I enjoy more when we share techniques

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
import those who can add value to SG. dont import parasites that will cause social problems later. also know the physical and infrastructural limits of SG. dont import so many that it affects the well being of singapore

tuagu

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, playing in a band at a KTV, I think FT is good because the Pinoys really upgrade the standards.

I think that should be the main objective of importing FT, whatever we dont have, learn from them and then tell them to f off after acquring there skills. However, if they want to stay, sure, I am certain that sinkies are not that heartless but no need to make it so easy to bring their family wholesale.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best policy is always to keep foreigner workers at the bare minimum; that is, to get those foreigners who have skills Singaporeans don't. In fact, i think Singaporeans are fine with those cheap labours working in lower end jobs that locals usually shun. What we scorn are those fucking foreigners who steal the Jobs that we also want!!!!!

In many advance economies, it is a requirement for employers to show the government that no locals have the skills needed to fill the job vacancies then can they employ foreigners. Citizen first, foreigners second!
But in Singapore, many foreigners can easily gain employment (yea, no thanks to that traitorous Contact Singapore) in grad positions that obviously can be filled by a Singaporean grad. Cannot comprehend how this will benefit Singapore!? That fucking foreigner who draw pay here in SG will probably send the bulk home to his shit country, while in the mean time make it harder for local grads to find jobs.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best policy is always to keep foreigner workers at the bare minimum; that is, to get those foreigners who have skills Singaporeans don't. In fact, i think Singaporeans are fine with those cheap labours working in lower end jobs that locals usually shun. What we scorn are those fucking foreigners who steal the Jobs that we also want!!!!!

That fucking foreigner who draw pay here in SG will probably send the bulk home to his shit country, while in the mean time make it harder for local grads to find jobs.

locals shun those jobs because they can't feed their families on that 3rd world pay...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I totally agree. No Singaporean is against foreign construction workers and they are the one that PAP punished by imposing levy on employers. However, the bulk of foreigners are those holding S pass & EP. These are the group who are not as talented as they claimed to be and yet stealing the bulk of Singaporean PMET jobs because they are cheaper to hire! The unproductivity also comes from S passes & EP because they are slow workers as complained by many Singaporeans. The S pass & EP are not subjected to high levy or even none at all yet they came in huge numbers to take up spaces and subsequently apply for PR status to buy HDB flat. PMET jobless rate has gone up but MOM dare not disclose the actual figure to the public. The number of S passes and EP remain unannounced too. PAP, once again, shifted the blame on the wrong target. Productivity will remain the main concern for many years to come if policies and punishments are targeted at the wrong group of foreigners. I reckon only alternative parties can make things right again.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
good post, i totally agree with u ... esp this - 'PAP, once again, shifted the blame on the wrong target'.

why are there so many freaking angmo men & women in s'pore suddenly ? they are not tourists cos they wear office-wear so obviously they have a job here ... they also shop at the same supermarkets as us, so they're probably not expats ...

are they from eastern europe, running away from a hard life like the new immigrants from india/china ? or are they the 'economic refugees' from western europe/states ?

I totally agree. No Singaporean is against foreign construction workers and they are the one that PAP punished by imposing levy on employers. However, the bulk of foreigners are those holding S pass & EP. These are the group who are not as talented as they claimed to be and yet stealing the bulk of Singaporean PMET jobs because they are cheaper to hire! The unproductivity also comes from S passes & EP because they are slow workers as complained by many Singaporeans. The S pass & EP are not subjected to high levy or even none at all yet they came in huge numbers to take up spaces and subsequently apply for PR status to buy HDB flat. PMET jobless rate has gone up but MOM dare not disclose the actual figure to the public. The number of S passes and EP remain unannounced too. PAP, once again, shifted the blame on the wrong target. Productivity will remain the main concern for many years to come if policies and punishments are targeted at the wrong group of foreigners. I reckon only alternative parties can make things right again.