• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP struggling with WP's multi-prong attack.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not too sure about that. With WP's team in Aljunied, where to find a slot for GMS? Just my guess - I doubt if the WP leadership thinks highly of GMS.

I'm sure he reciprocates the same love to tao kay Low and his team, looking back thank the gods i voted right this GE, i voted for WP in 2006 only for SL and not the rest of her team. Brrrrrrrrrrr :*:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS is part of the WP's team in Aljunied GRC GE 2006 so naturally one will think he will retain the slot in GE 2011 assumingly he stay on with WP.

Maybe GMS will feel better if WP did not win Aljunied GRC but win in East Coast or other GRC.

With Pritam, CSM and LTK in the line-up, GMS has to find another place to squat. Doubt if WP could have handled him well, given the size of his ego.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I already feel better when a GRC is breached. Both LTK and I have a good laugh over the phone after the Aljunied GRC is being won. :wink:

But people are just trying to hide the little problems behind some insinuation that I am not happy that is why I speak "ills" about WP. However, that is definitely not the case. Yes, you can try to be more forgiving to the new Opposition MPs but something so fundamental must be corrected. As I have said, WP cannot keep counting their blessings for its opponent's (PAP) weakness or inabilities in putting up good rebuttals.

As Scroobal has already suggested, it was PAP's poor performance which has contrasted out WP's performance. But WP's performance is not without its problems, especially the fundamental problems of how opposition politics should be played out.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS is part of the WP's team in Aljunied GRC GE 2006 so naturally one will think he will retain the slot in GE 2011 assumingly he stay on with WP.

Maybe GMS will feel better if WP did not win Aljunied GRC but win in East Coast or other GRC.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I have said, WP cannot keep counting their blessings for its opponent's (PAP) weakness or inabilities in putting up good rebuttals.

As Scroobal has already suggested, it was PAP's poor performance which has contrasted out WP's performance. But WP's performance is not without its problems, especially the fundamental problems of how opposition politics should be played out.

From my understanding, WP won in Aljunied not because they were lucky. Check with people on-the-ground. SL did not sit idle and attend church to pray for blessings. From the 06 defeat, she immediately worked the ground, sacrificing precious weekends to meet residents and build up rapport. I think Aljunied votes could sense she was genuinely sincere in her political aspirations.

Minus her past team-mates, and now armed with LTK, PS and CSM, WP's chances improved tremendously compared with the 06 team. Let's be honest - her current team members have more credibilty, confidence and intelligence than her past team members. Isn't that obvious?

As to how opposition politics should be played out, I opine it is much more appropriate to be a winner first. Getting into Parliament first should be the first priority. No point in talking and talking and remaining at the same position all these years. If I happen to be in opposition politics, I would rather emulate a winning model even when that very model is not perfect.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
In essence, the PAP is eroding its hold not because of WP but because of their style, their approach and their disdain for treating the man on the street as an economic digit with productivity rating.

Agree that WP is off to a good start.

For me, the biggest revelation so far is LHL. His speech seems to be that of change and reform. This is however at odds with the speeches of the majority of the other PAP Ministers and MPs who seem to be talking the language of the status quo.

If this is a hint of the things to come, this suggest that all the big talk after GE 2011 is going to come to naught and things will say pretty much the same because of resistance within the system.

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal
mr goh meng seng, did u regret leaving wp? else u may be collecting 14k per month nw :biggrin: as goldendragon bro has put it -- getting into parliament is 1st priority.

mr goh meng seng, do u think u r a better candidate than some of the members in the aljunied grc team? :smile:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cannot imagine if James Gomez & GMS become elected MP in 2006 then it become another SDP 1991 fiasco :biggrin:

Both would have outdone Ling Howe Doong spelling the end of WP standing in credibility. WP was blessed to lose to Aljunied 2006 to have time to get rid of them.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro kim leng,

mr goh meng seng is the best opposition in sammyboy :biggrin:

You are right. GMS is the best oppo in sammyboy coz he is the only one.

Just last week, a friend of mine told me he has a friend who never loses in soccer bets. That got me excited coz I wanted to 'tongpang' someone else's good luck or whatever as long as it pays money. Knna, was later told this chap always win coz when he loses he doesn't pay!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. GMS is the best oppo in sammyboy coz he is the only one.

Just last week, a friend of mine told me he has a friend who never loses in soccer bets. That got me excited coz I wanted to 'tongpang' someone else's good luck or whatever as long as it pays money. Knna, was later told this chap always win coz when he loses he doesn't pay!

GMS is like a relegated team manager still criticising other premier league managers LOL