• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Spin - Sinkapore better than Australia

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never even eaten it in sinkie land nor the US so obviously never lined up for it.

my favorite donut is a custard-filled crispy glazed donut hole from a local joint called "jelly donuts". if they run out of it, which happens by 8am in the morning, i'd settle for a french roll.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Pinoy stuff is very rich and sweet that why makan there have to be careful,,and I wonder how high their diabetic rates are?

many have gout and colorectal issues due to processed, deep-fried and over-charred meat. kar chng doctors will make a killing there. :p

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Everything is so clearly regulated, people keep to their contracts, and you have pretty much no corruption here," he says. Previously named Gelateria Italia, the firm has opened 15 stores within three years.

gahmen anyhow change law without consulting their people unlike swiss gahmen, he think that's clearly regulated and keep to contracts? even employers like himself don't keep to contracts written in black and white, like that also no corruption? i think this italian should have migrate to italy, that place PERFECT for corruption and lies!

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any angmo food will sell in sg. my jaws dropped when i saw krispy kreme and dunkin donuts opening stores in orchard. :eek:

Ang moh like it so poor peasant just follow like a faith full puppy to krispy kreme and dunkin donuts over hype, too much of carbohydrate and sugar, too sweet for my taste.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ang moh like it so poor peasant just follow like a faith full puppy to krispy kreme and dunkin donuts over hype, too much of carbohydrate and sugar, too sweet for my taste.

i'm shocked to find out for myself donut joints in sg open for lunch, dinner and way past dinner until closing time late at night. :*:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Australia's loss is S'pore's gain

Having started businesses in both Australia and Singapore, I have to agree that Singapore is infinitely better.

The red tape and regulations required to set up a simple retail operation in Perth was an absolute nightmare. That was one of the reasons why I decided to mow lawns and fix computers on a freelance basis when I first arrived.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is stupid. Having an open leg policy is now being praised. No mention of why he failed the test at all. Might be laundering money for all we know

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now even to do jobs like tat u need insurance and police clearance etc...not as easy as it use to be.

Spore might have less red tape. But the rents etc kill the biz. So its like getting stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Having started businesses in both Australia and Singapore, I have to agree that Singapore is infinitely better.

The red tape and regulations required to set up a simple retail operation in Perth was an absolute nightmare. That was one of the reasons why I decided to mow lawns and fix computers on a freelance basis when I first arrived.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can I bring Singtel Cynthia over? Sure boom as papa-san

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why so many well-off migrated to Oz esp Perth??

If Sporean are given the choice I bet that almost all would choose Australia over Spore.

It is rumoured that even LHY wanted to go there & that LKY had to bribe him to stay in Spore.

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
....While there are no official statistics tracking the population of foreign entrepreneurs here, a number of them are on the EntrePass scheme, which permits them to start businesses here....but some observers feel it is the quality and not the quantity of these entrepreneurs that matters....

What about that Italian restaurant owner who hantam the taxi driver? Is he still allowed to do business in SG when he has a court conviction? How is quality measured by MOM? Is a FTsh with a criminal record still considered a quality entrepreneur?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to be honest i dont see anything special about the entrepreneurs or retail stores in singapore,nothing but the usual chain store brand name crap that u find in shopping malls,u want exotic and individuality u need to go to australia melbourne.

remember when u have a population that lacks in taste and haute couture and is daft and stupid,most likely the types of retail that succeeds and flourishes here are typically those that appeals to their "act atas" senses,twelve cupcakes,korean eateries,garretes popcorn,macarons etc.....

Last edited:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
korean is atas now? sure anot?are sinkie chinks that dumb?

one look at their cusine, n you will know it's pretty much copy mongolian food and a bit of chinese food. unimaginative. it's mostly just grill everything and add kimchi. japanese also copy chinese foo, but at least they have a few things that are unique, and they use better ingredients.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
korean is atas now? sure anot?are sinkie chinks that dumb?

one look at their cusine, n you will know it's pretty much copy mongolian food and a bit of chinese food. unimaginative. it's mostly just grill everything and add kimchi. japanese also copy chinese foo, but at least they have a few things that are unique, and they use better ingredients.

Anything that is in a shopping mall and comes in a fancy box and is 40% marked up is at as and hip to sinkies.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about that Italian restaurant owner who hantam the taxi driver? Is he still allowed to do business in SG when he has a court conviction? How is quality measured by MOM? Is a FTsh with a criminal record still considered a quality entrepreneur?

Convicted foreigners are not deported ...there is no official policy on this. PAP is very desperate to keep every foreigner here - crooks and cons are welcome.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Come to think of it,,,this setting up Biz by foreigners,,why are visas and licences given to business investors for such low tech industries? If I not wrong, in most countries, the gahmens want investors to come in and open factories etc for EXPORT,,not to come and and compete with domestic businesses. So for example, this gelato chap come to spore open factory and produce and export the ice cream it is fine. Also there is a fix percentage of amount to be exported,,like 80%. That way real and better employment is generated and money is coming in to the country,

This ang mor come here and open ice cream parlour,,there is no export revenue being earned and its just canibalising on the domestic market,,,how much economic activity is there? no logic leh,,,we should follow mudland for such domestic businesses, they must have a local partner that way the benefits get spread around. Like those Ali Baba relationship in mudland,,,,