• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP NTUC Has Enough Frozen Chicken To Last Sinkies For 6 Months! Oppies No Need To Panic If Their Geylang Suppliers Run Out Of Stock!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1653580335264.png

SINGAPORE - FairPrice has a stockpile of frozen chicken that can last for about four months, with another two months of supply on the way.

Ms Elaine Heng, FairPrice Group's deputy group chief executive officer, was speaking during a visit on Thursday (May 26) to the company's Fresh Food Distribution Centre in Upper Thomson Road.

Over the last few days, several wet markets and supermarkets saw their shelves cleared of fresh chicken as consumers rushed to stock up on the meat.

This followed an announcement by Malaysia on Monday (May 23) that it would halt the export of up to 3.6 million chickens a month from June 1, until domestic prices and production stabilise.

Asked by The Straits Times if FairPrice had any plans to limit the quantity of chicken or other protein products that customers can purchase, Ms Heng, who is also FairPrice's CEO for retail business, said the group is still observing the situation.

"At the current moment, what we've seen is that we're still able to replenish, and with the options of chilled and frozen (chicken)," she said.

Minister of State for Sustainability and the Environment Desmond Tan, who was also visiting the facility, said there is adequate supply of chicken in Singapore, and urged people to refrain from panic buying.

Acknowledging that there will be some disruption to sales of chilled or fresh chicken, he noted that about 70 per cent of Singapore's chicken imports are in frozen form, from a variety of countries other than Malaysia.

"So I'd like to assure Singaporeans that we have an adequate supply of frozen chicken in Singapore."

He added that many importers and retailers had already pre-ordered chicken supplies, which are expected to arrive in the next couple of weeks.

"We're also working very hard with the industry and importers to source from other countries and sources of chicken to ensure we have continuation of supply. So I'd like to encourage every Singaporean to continue to purchase as per normal - there's no need to surge your purchase of chicken as there are adequate supplies," he said.

Mr Tan said Singapore is also currently looking to other countries like Australia as an alternative source of chilled chicken.

He added that the authorities will work with businesses that can serve only chilled chicken, to see how they can be helped during this period if their businesses are affected.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-chicken-authorities-say-no-need-to-panic-buy

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frozen chicken is not like fresh kampung chicken.

It's not like Brazil has stopped selling frozen chicken to Sinkieland.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Imuho all chicken taste the same.
Also never eat chicken won't die same as never fuck chicken also won't die.
To me, frozen, fresh, live chicken all taste the same. It's the style of cooking, spices, herbs, etc that matter more to me. Maybe I have an unsophisticated palette, but I am very happy with frozen chicken. In fact, I have stocked up my fridges with them.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, frozen, fresh, live chicken all taste the same. It's the style of cooking, spices, herbs, etc that matter more to me. Maybe I have an unsophisticated palette, but I am very happy with frozen chicken. In fact, I have stocked up my fridges with them.
My uncle think even if you let the sophisticated palette people taste fresh and frozen chicken that are cooked with same ingredients they also cannot tell which is which .Maybe if eat raw then can tell KNN :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My uncle think even if you let the sophisticated palette people taste fresh and frozen chicken that are cooked with same ingredients they also cannot tell which is which .Maybe if eat raw then can tell KNN :biggrin:
Yalor, I agree with your uncle.:thumbsup: Really can't tell the difference. Maybe those atas high SES folks may claim they can woh. People like @JohnTan:biggrin:

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN

Chao Turtle repeats ::
can eat ducks, pigeons, goose, turkeys, frogs....

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yalor, I agree with your uncle.:thumbsup: Really can't tell the difference. Maybe those atas high SES folks may claim they can woh. People like @JohnTan:biggrin:

I sure can. My family and I eat only fresh chickens. No frozen chicken for us. That's for serfs eating that mixed economy rice sort of swill.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chickens out of stock in Malaysia too, their local armers transfered livestock to Singapore's slaughterhouses. Chinese news said that Singapore slaughterhouses working around the clock now.