• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP NOT HAPPY with this New York Times Article! Hahahaha!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
There was a story many years ago that when a Chinese official visited the dorm of the construction workers here, he said that even his dog live better than those workers. Things have not change much since then.

The garment can deny it till the cows come home but their actions have already confirm that its the truth. After the riot, who was the one who said that more dorms will be build? Why even bother to set up recreational centres and gave free Yoga lessons to these workers to 'release stress'? What stress were these workers facing if they are not due to money and living conditions? Why bother to do so much if it is triggered by one road accident?
i speak to my masseur who is from China. She stays in Geylang and share a room with 5 other workers....PAP of course close a blind eye cos they dun give a shit about workers, much less foreign workers :biggrin:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has to correct the statement of "the government hopes to increase the overall population from 5.4 million to 6.9 million by 2030." Definitely untrue as 6.9million ceiling will be punch through in less than 5 years time with the amount of garbage that are pouring in!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lies! Lies and more Lies! My pappies running doggies master will defend our stinkingland reputation at all cost. NYT can better prepare to shutdown and take over by our TemaSICK companies cos we are going to sue NYT upside down for defaming stinking land.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Face it, people don't burn police cars just because while drunk, they saw a fellow countrymen run down by a bus. Alcohol is unlikely to be the main reason why the riot took place. If you just take a moment to ponder, and put yourselves in their shoes, you will realise that this is indeed pent up anger from being ill-treated, underpaid, sometimes even cheated in a foreign land. Do I need to add being stigmatised or treated as invisible by the majority of Singaporean society, with bad living conditions and a lack of social facilities. It is clear the government have brought in too many foreigners in too short a time, without the necessary infrastructure and social integration efforts. And they still want another 2 million people in the next 15 years.

Well done NYT, for calling a spade a spade. If Singaporeans really buy whatever Braddell Brothel publishes, they are in for a rude awakening in time to come. Now seriously, many foreign drunks = rioters, it that's true, we should have thrice weekly riots in Clarke Quay. Alcohol is merely a convenient excuse la.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP seems to love having Kelings as our diplomats..

This Mirpuri chap, Gopinath Pillai, Burhan Gafoor, Bilahari Kausikan and few other Kelings..

Only for information: Bilahari Kim Hee Kausikan's father (P.S. Raman, if my memory serves me well) was Singapore's Ambassador to the USSR (later Bilahari was the Singapore's Ambassador to the USSR) may be Indian, but I believe that his mother is of Chinese descent.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He has to correct the statement of "the government hopes to increase the overall population from 5.4 million to 6.9 million by 2030." Definitely untrue as 6.9million ceiling will be punch through in less than 5 years time with the amount of garbage that are pouring in!

The yet undisclosed number is 8 million with at least half of the population comprised of foreigners. This was inadvertently leaked out in the PAP press last August.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only for information: Bilahari Kim Hee Kausikan's father (P.S. Raman, if my memory serves me well) was Singapore's Ambassador to the USSR (later Bilahari was the Singapore's Ambassador to the USSR) may be Indian, but I believe that his mother is of Chinese descent.

I recall Kausikan got pwned by Gayle Goh many years back