• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Is Contradicting Itself

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You will see more of this kind of "clever" highlighting to suit his narrative in his coming posts. Just watch. :wink:
I try to be as impartial as I can.

Everyone has their personal agenda.

My agenda is to keep the peace. Try to clarify possible ambiguity before it turns ugly and personal.

In this instance I totally see your point about the pivot now. But I am not sure if that was really the intention.

In any case reading the whole article I dont get the sense that adding the masking part changes very much.

In anything given the Singapore experience where masking rules were never relaxed at all and so many were vaxxed and yet there are so many cases proves that CDC was right about the viral load stuff but CDC is wrong that masking helps significantly. That's my reading and understanding. Of course I could be wrong and we can debate on it. I would request we not go personal and say things like my education is wasted on me or that we have evil agenda to profit from our opinions etc. Not helpful.

I think common ground wise we both agree that vaccination is helpful in reducing morbidity and mortality and hospitalizations especially in the below 65 age group. I also think @SOS Would agree on this too.

It is a good thing we had the vaccination drive before August 2021.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I see what you mean.

You have a point there about the editing and choosing what to include and what to omit. But he did not adulterate the content from CDC.

For me the message from CDC on 27 July 2021 was to ask Americans to mask up (and should have also included recommending physical distancing) and explain why - and that's because the vaxxed and unvaxxed both can carry the virus and spread it to anyone vaxxed or unvaxxed.

Does omitting the recommendation to mask up change the CDC explanation of the non-difference between vaxxed and unvaxxed carrying the virus?

I was wrong previously when I said that vaccines made the spread of covid worse. It did not. At least not in the Singapore context because the masking rule was never relaxed. Delta was going to spread anyway and it did. This is for Singapore.

Now in Alberta the govt decided to relax ALL measures. ALL. No masks. No distancing nothing. They announced this in July. Their justification was vaccines. If enough vaxxed we get herd immunity. In the AB context this made things worse.

It is messy now because frankly there are too many thinga we dont know before we encounter them. We are in unchartered territory and this is to be expected.

You sail into unchartered unmapped waters and seas sure have to be more cautious and expect hitting things you didnt know were there.

So far touch wood no news of new variants which is good. I really hope no more variants!
So now you see what I mean about changing the entire context of an article by just highlighting the parts you want to impress on people? He wants to spread the idea that vaxxed and unvaxxed are the same so he is planting the seed of doubt into people's minds sitting on the fence: why bother to vaccinate? This is the kind of irresponsible people that starts misinformation and spreads falsehoods. You will see this kind of chicanery in all falsehoods.

The church "friends" of the granny that nearly died from taking ivermectin would have done the same thing, by using the bible to say vaccination is Satan's plan and I have no doubt pivot on certain parts of the Bible to suit this narrative.

Vaccines don't make the spread of covid worse. Glad you see it that way too. They hold the key to a post pandemic world beacuse they mitigate death and serious illness to the extent that it renders covid to a common cold. Like it or not, that is a fact backed by an overwhelming science and data.

I am fully vaccinated and will still observe basic common sense rules like wearing masks, social distancing and observing personal hygiene. But I wouldn't worry unduly about catching covid and acquiring natural immunity as well. :thumbsup:

I see Alberta is following in the footsteps of all forward - thinking nations in trying to live with covid. I am looking forward to the day when we do away with masks too. :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So now you see what I mean about changing the entire context of an article by just highlighting the parts you want to impress on people? He wants to spread the idea that vaxxed and unvaxxed are the same so he is planting the seed of doubt into people's minds sitting on the fence: why bother to vaccinate? This is the kind of irresponsible people that starts misinformation and spreads falsehoods. You will see this kind of chicanery in all falsehoods.

The church "friends" of the granny that nearly died from taking ivermectin would have done the same thing, by using the bible to say vaccination is Satan's plan and I have no doubt pivot on certain parts of the Bible to suit this narrative.

Vaccines don't make the spread of covid worse. Glad you see it that way too. They hold the key to a post pandemic world beacuse they mitigate death and serious illness to the extent that it renders covid to a common cold. Like it or not, that is a fact backed by an overwhelming science and data.

I am fully vaccinated and will still observe basic common sense rules like wearing masks, social distancing and observing personal hygiene. But I wouldn't worry unduly about catching covid and acquiring natural immunity as well. :thumbsup:

I see Alberta is following in the footsteps of all forward - thinking nations in trying to live with covid. I am looking forward to the day when we do away with masks too. :biggrin:
Thanks for pointing that out.

Yes I can see how it can be viewed that way.

Is that your message @SOS ? To show that vax or unvaxxed is no different OVERALL?

The CDC article does state the vax or unvaxxed is the same only in the context of whether both groups can carry and spread the virus.

Personally I think the problem is that people are still being told that if you vax then you are LESS likely to spread the virus. Is this correct or wromg? So far the data seems to suggest it is wrong now. But as I had highlighted in the CBC article there are still groups suggesting otherwise. Why? Because it is a powerful messaging and good to use to promote vaccination (i would argue that IS the point of vaccines in the first place).

But I think it is not right to lie to the public if it does not do that.

I have debated this issue about calling it a vaccine if it does not reduce actual spread of the virus.

What one may see as planting seeds of doubt to get people not to vaccinate another could see it as being honest and truthful to admit that the vaccine cannot prevent spread. The CDC article never mentioned anything about the utility of vaccines in that statement. If you ask me then it is CDC themselves planting those seeds of doubt? They even tell people go back to wearing masks which adds strength to that seed of doubt!

Blame CDC!

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I try to be as impartial as I can.

Everyone has their personal agenda.

My agenda is to keep the peace. Try to clarify possible ambiguity before it turns ugly and personal.

In this instance I totally see your point about the pivot now. But I am not sure if that was really the intention.

In any case reading the whole article I dont get the sense that adding the masking part changes very much.

In anything given the Singapore experience where masking rules were never relaxed at all and so many were vaxxed and yet there are so many cases proves that CDC was right about the viral load stuff but CDC is wrong that masking helps significantly. That's my reading and understanding. Of course I could be wrong and we can debate on it. I would request we not go personal and say things like my education is wasted on me or that we have evil agenda to profit from our opinions etc. Not helpful.

I think common ground wise we both agree that vaccination is helpful in reducing morbidity and mortality and hospitalizations especially in the below 65 age group. I also think @SOS Would agree on this too.

It is a good thing we had the vaccination drive before August 2021.
Yes, we all have our opinions and agenda because we are all different. But trying all kinds of tricks to mislead people is just being plain irresponsible and I am trying to point that out because I can see from his other posts that he is one sneaky farker. I detest it very much when people try to pull one over. It's just me, sorry.

My exchanges with forummers like loofydralb are tongue in cheek and although we get into robust exchanges, he is not sly and conniving like this farker here. That goes to the majority of forummers here. :biggrin:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we all have our opinions and agenda because we are all different. But trying all kinds of tricks to mislead people is just being plain irresponsible and I am trying to point that out because I can see from his other posts that he is one sneaky farker. I detest it very much when people try to pull one over. It's just me, sorry.

My exchanges with forummers like loofydralb are tongue in cheek and although we get into robust exchanges, he is not sly and conniving like this farker here. That goes to the majority of forummers here. :biggrin:
And just so you know, he even tried to get you once to ignore me. What a loser! :roflmao:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought PM should have done something to help the elderly and their family when he said he understand the worry of the elderly especially those with underlying medical conditions in this pandemic situation. Everything PM said is true, but one can be long on truism , but short on real empathy.

Other than telling the elderly to go for 3rd vaccination, I feel that the risk to them getting infected and getting seriously ill and dying is still very high with the Delta virus in spite of the vaccination. I don't know how many of these elderly are well off and can well afford their medical expenses. If they are not, then their family taking care of elderly will have to shoulder the huge burden of the medical bills and eventuality costs. If the government decides to open up and knowing that the elderly with medical conditions will be exposed and succumb to severe illness and death , should they not offer medical subsidies or even pay for their eventuality costs to alleviate the pain and burden on the elderly 's family ?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought PM should have done something to help the elderly and their family when he said he understand the worry of the elderly especially those with underlying medical conditions in this pandemic situation. Everything PM said is true, but one can be long on truism , but short on real empathy.

Other than telling the elderly to go for 3rd vaccination, I feel that the risk to them getting infected and getting seriously ill and dying is still very high with the Delta virus in spite of the vaccination. I don't know how many of these elderly are well off and can well afford their medical expenses. If they are not, then their family taking care of elderly will have to shoulder the huge burden of the medical bills and eventuality costs. If the government decides to open up and knowing that the elderly with medical conditions will be exposed and succumb to severe illness and death , should they not offer medical subsidies or even pay for their eventuality costs to alleviate the pain and burden on the elderly 's family ?
How do you know they are not already doing so? Any proof to show that those elderly in ICU are not on any healthcare subsidy?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you know they are not already doing so? Any proof to show that those elderly in ICU are not on any healthcare subsidy?
If they are already doing so, then well and good. It is not just talk.

Always good to communicate real empathy. What can the government do to help ? Not just telling what the elderly need to do to help themselves as though they can really help themselves in the face of the Delta virus ?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are already doing so, then well and good. It is not just talk.

Always good to communicate real empathy. What can the government do to help ? Not just telling what the elderly need to do to help themselves as though they can really help themselves in the face of the Delta virus ?
Apart from telling them to take their vaccinations or booster shots and asking them to limit their time outdoors n abide by common sense covid prevention tips, what else do u want them to help? Bear in mind not all elderly are the lily white angels you make them out to be. Some are downright nasty old farkers who will bark chow chee bye the moment you tell them to do something. Some have an entitled attitude. Some are damn unpleasant to deal with. It's always easy looking outside in right? We have a network of social workers and healthcare professionals ready to help.

Instead of asking what the gahment can do to help, why don't you pull up your sleeves and volunteer? I'm sure you have a lot to offer. Not just talk from you only I hope.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Apart from telling them to take their vaccinations or booster shots and asking them to limit their time outdoors n abide by common sense covid prevention tips, what else do u want them to help? Bear in mind not all elderly are the lily white angels you make them out to be. Some are downright nasty old farkers who will bark chow chee bye the moment you tell them to do something. Some have an entitled attitude. Some are damn unpleasant to deal with. It's always easy looking outside in right? We have a network of social workers and healthcare professionals ready to help.

Instead of asking what the gahment can do to help, why don't you pull up your sleeves and volunteer? I'm sure you have a lot to offer. Not just talk from you only I hope.
I think maybe things like have a lottery for the remaining unvaxxed?

Goodies? Incentives? More programs.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
If can live with covid and can self isolate at home safely, why:
1. need to restrict number of diners to 2?
2. need to restrict visitors to each household?
3. need to contact trace?
If covid is what pap says, why cant we lift all the above restrictions?
Blame you and you so that i am never at fault. Retard pap 101

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

U are spreading misinformation and misleading formers. Trump virus.