• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP grassroot Sear whacking WP on his fb

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - PAP grassroot Sear whacking WP on his fb</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89_ <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jun-26 7:05 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 25) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>53211.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>Straits Times: Sniffing out the grassroots divide in Aljunied

by Sear Hock Rong on Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 3:01pm

Newly elected Member of Parliament for Aljunied GRC (Eunos Division), Mr Pritam Singh from the Workers' Party (WP) wrote a note in response to a Straits Times article yesterday. He highlighted the perception of an unhealthy connection between People's Association (PA) grassroots organisations and the ruling People's Action Party (PAP).

While there were PA volunteers who felt sad when the PAP team lost in Aljunied GRC, there were also PA volunteers who celebrated for the WP. During the General Elections, some PA volunteers openly wrote in Facebook to show their support for the opposition and some distanced themselves from the PAP. It is not true to say PA equals PAP.

Mr Pritam Singh mentioned one RC chairman who was crying uncontrollably when the PAP team lost in Aljunied GRC. It is not true. I was at Bedok Stadium with the RC Chairmen when the results were announced on 7 May 2011. We were disappointed, but none of us cried uncontrollably. We were disappointed because the Advisers we worked with for many years had lost in the General Elections. Having worked together for so long, we developed strong friendships. It is natural to feel sad.

As a PA grassroots leader for more than 5 years, I am very clear about my objectives when it comes to serving the community, in a place I lived in for 25 years. I know every corner of the "kampong" and friends are everywhere. I want to promote a cohesive and vibrant community, and make Eunos a better place for everyone to live in. Month after month, my friends and I work hard to organise meaningful activities for residents to promote social cohesion and racial harmony. We don't ask anyone to support the PAP, neither do we hand out PAP membership forms. We don't wear the PAP logo and PA volunteers don't wear white. We work with all Singaporeans and PRs.

In contrast, the WP Aljunied Constituency Committee (AJCC)'s logo is the Hammer. Their volunteers wear the trademark blue polo tee. Participants of their one-day tours paste a sticker with the Hammer logo on their clothes. The PA website ([URL="http://www.pa.gov.sg/"]http://www.pa.gov.sg/[/URL]) is an independent platform. However, the WP AJCC website is directly linked to the WP official website. I think it is quite clear now who is politicising the grassroots network.

PA grassroots leaders in Aljunied GRC and Eunos Division want to continue to serve our residents, help neighbours get to know one another and provide needy families/individuals with the necessary assistance. We also want to help residents channel their feedback to the relevant government agencies/organisations.

We do not serve the PAP nor WP. We are volunteers who serve the people of Singapore. I hope that Singaporeans don't just listen to one side of the story and be misled to think that all PA grassroots leaders are from the PAP and they join the PA for job opportunities/free parking/priority for Primary One registration. These privileges combined are not enough to make up for the time, effort and sometimes, money PA grassroots leaders have spent to give back to the society. We have sacrificed our family and friends for the community. For these privileges, how many Singaporeans are willing to come forward and serve?

The next time you meet a PA grassroots leader, wave hello and thank him/her for volunteering to serve the community :smile:

Sear Hock Rong
Lived in Eunos, Aljunied GRC for 25 years
Chairman, Eunos Community Club Youth Executive Committee
(http://www.facebook.com/notes/sear-...assroots-divide-in-aljunied/10150224816389580)

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=center> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Yam ?

images

I thought I told you people not to make Yam Ah Mee a god , right ? He's from PA ! He's probably another PAP henchman. You fellas should watch where you are going.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Sear fellow TCSS lah. Ask CST and he'll tell you the truth.
Everyone knows decades ago, PA grass rooters are PAP's balls carriers.
Wonder why recently, PAP request them to cut the fanfare when MIW visit their ward.