• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP Foreign Trash Policy

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You are supporting what I just said. You contradict yourself.

The ability to change is not dependent on how big or small you are.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
most important is not holding a job. it means you're a dependent relying on someone else deciding the future for you. most important financial planning activity in your life is to becum financially independent as soon as possible.

I do agree with you but we need have a stable flow of long term income first then can do financial planning to achieve any retirement goals.

To achieve financial independent requires a lot of discipline and one must be able to protect his/her rice bowl first.

Those frequently jobless between the age of 30 to 40 will find it difficult to attain their financial objective :cool:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are supporting what I just said. You contradict yourself.

The ability to change is not dependent on how big or small you are.

Don't twist my words. My stand:

1. The ability to change is dependent on how big or small you are.
2. You said in response to my description of you as defeatist: It's the fact that sinkieland is a tiny dot. I assume that you meant that size mattered, in which case you are contradicting yourself.

Your contradictory statements:
Statement 1:
It's the fact that sinkieland is a tiny dot. ⇒ size matters
Statement 2:
The ability to change is not dependent on how big or small you are. ⇒ size doesn't matter

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do agree with you but we need have a stable flow of long term income first then can do financial planning to achieve any retirement goals.

To achieve financial independent requires a lot of discipline and one must be able to protect his/her rice bowl first.

Those frequently jobless between the age of 30 to 40 will find it difficult to attain their financial objective :cool:
relying on a job for long term income has been the sinkie's shining beacon and at the same time archilles heel. there's a need to seize opportunities, take risk and delve into alternate sources of income when one is young and earning a decent wage. invest earnings and let the investment and money make more money. instead i'm seeing young professional sinkies spend too much of their income on material toys and things to show off instead of paying off debt and mortgages and doubling down on investments that pay off handsomely over time. a young chap who listened to my advice to buy fb shares after ipo some years ago is now contemplating retirement as he risked half his savings on amazon and fb stocks years ago. he's now a millionaire after selling off half his shares and is able to invest in a home (also my advice). years from now, he will be able to leverage his home for equity appreciation while at the same time double down on another property for passive income. with those options, he can work part time for fun and try his hand at selling stuff on the internet which happens to be his hobby.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
relying on a job for long term income has been the sinkie's shining beacon and at the same time archilles heel. there's a need to seize opportunities, take risk and delve into alternate sources of income when one is young and earning a decent wage. invest earnings and let the investment and money make more money. instead i'm seeing young professional sinkies spend too much of their income on material toys and things to show off instead of paying off debt and mortgages and doubling down on investments that pay off handsomely over time. a young chap who listened to my advice to buy fb shares after ipo some years ago is now contemplating retirement as he risked half his savings on amazon and fb stocks years ago. he's now a millionaire after selling off half his shares and is able to invest in a home (also my advice). years from now, he will be able to leverage his home for equity appreciation while at the same time double down on another property for passive income. with those options, he can work part time for fun and try his hand at selling stuff on the internet which happens to be his hobby.
my uncle say can advise his niece (me) on which share to buy now so that his niece (me) can have a good retirement or not ?

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investing in stocks and properties can resulted in huge losses too.

It will take a long time for a working class people to save up if such investment losses happened.

Not worth taking such risks... :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It will take a long time for a working class people to save up if such investment losses happened.

it’s this risk aversion that causes sinkies to get stuck. if you read enough, know them, analyze trends over years, and time it well, risks translate to rewards. earning a sinkie paycheck is the worst way to becum financially independent. at least in sillycon valley the pay is way higher and stock options can turn a twenty year old into an instant millionaire. in sg for ordinary sinkies living in a hdb flat, need to leverage that hdb flat for asset realization and do not be held to ransom by spouse and kids. for their sake you need to think outside the small dot.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old school saving method that our parents used before are still very effective these days.

(1) Bought a HDB flat and paid up within 5 years.

(2) Providing education funds to send kids to university.

(3) Save a lump of money for kid’s wedding expenses.

(4) Retirement finds from cash saving and CPF.

All these came from a decent income long term jobs :biggrin:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

2. You said in response to my description of you as defeatist: It's the fact that sinkieland is a tiny dot. I assume that you meant that size mattered, in which case you are contradicting yourself.

Statement 1:
Statement 2:
The ability to change is not dependent on how big or small you are. ⇒ size doesn't matter

Statement 1:
Statement 2:

Sinkieland is a tiny dot. So it cannot grow. It's like putting bets on a tiny little company or a tiny yacht. So no matter who you vote. Sinkieland is still a tiny dot. You cannot change that. Some thing CANNOT be changed period. Well actually can lah eg go to war with Malaysia and annex Johor.....but that's a different story.

Why you so hard up on this change topic?

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

It is very hard to change the fact that Singapore is a tiny dot that has limited growth potential and has probably reached its peak. The only way now is flat or down.

Changing people......changing mindsets......asking sinkies to vote anyone else but PAP.........easier because small? Well I would like to see you say that outright cos I know you won't.

quote-for-things-to-change-you-have-to-change-for-things-to-get-better-you-have-to-get-better-jim-rohn-85-96-39.jpg

jim-rohn-jim-rohn-if-you-dont-like-how-things-are-change-it-youre-not.jpg

imgres

imgres

Anyway am I talking to an intelligent NATO type sinkie?

Seems like you have 3 choices

1) Join the grassroots, politics, social movements. Initiate change. Go out and change sinkies.
2) Migrate for better bigger pastures with people of similar mindset on politics and not blind sheep voting a benevolent dictator
3) shut up

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old school saving method that our parents used before are still very effective these days.

a reason why sinkies will continue to vote for the party that keeps these chugging along. but somewhere down the chain they’ll yank it on “long term jobs” as these are becumming obsolete and meaningless in today’s economy. by the time sinkies hit 45 they will realize nobody promises them a perpetual job but by then it’s too late to wake up. 69% of sinkies are still slurping the nectar of “fuck care until then”.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Typical sinkie mindset. Some sinkie will even say "no choice but to work". LOL!

We all have choices. It is just the price of making a choice that many sinkies are not willing to pay.

It is like buying TOTO or 4D. You don't buy.....no chance 100%.

Sinkies love lottery cos the price to pay is cheap. But chance of winning is so low. Thank goodness the way the world works is that those who dare and work hard and invest time, energy and money and take risks are the ones who reap the windfall after.

Anyway as I have said many times, the intelligent sinkie is the NATO one. Go to work. Don't take risk. be a lemming.

The stupid sinkie is the one take risks. Then sometimes they take windfall. But they waste it all away without thinking.

Sinkieland no hope one. In another 50 years gone.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Let me guess. You vote PAP. And you love Singapore. Sounds like life is good for you.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me guess. You vote PAP. And you love Singapore. Sounds like life is good for you.
i’ve long concluded that majority of sinkies are happy in sg, more than 69% of them. it’s extremely hard to convince a happy and contented person that the future is doomed. i now live among the happiest people in the world in south bedok. everyday i see smiles and very positive attitudes. i’m happy for sinkies. why spoil a good thing?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
i’ve long concluded that majority of sinkies are happy in sg, more than 69% of them. it’s extremely hard to convince a happy and contented person that the future is doomed. i now live among the happiest people in the world in south bedok. everyday i see smiles and very positive attitudes. i’m happy for sinkies. why spoil a good thing?

Har nor.

That is why those who are unhappy should look for other countries to migrate to.

It is the same with all things. You join a club or association and you not happy. go somewhere else.

You go to restaurant you don't like food. go somewhere else.

Where got people go there then tell all the other members or customers to ask to change the chef or management?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Har nor.

That is why those who are unhappy should look for other countries to migrate to.

It is the same with all things. You join a club or association and you not happy. go somewhere else.

You go to restaurant you don't like food. go somewhere else.

Where got people go there then tell all the other members or customers to ask to change the chef or management?
then there are sinkies who kpkb all night and day but when push cums to shove, it’s all nato. luckily it’s the loser minority. most of them here on sbf.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
then there are sinkies who kpkb all night and day but when push cums to shove, it’s all nato. luckily it’s the loser minority. most of them here on sbf.

haha. kpkb. Yeah. Actually this is a very common sinkie trait.

Oh well.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is very hard to change the fact that Singapore is a tiny dot that has limited growth potential and has probably reached its peak. The only way now is flat or down.

No one is talking about changing the size of the country. It's about changing mindsets, and the regime.

You're the typical Sinkie who have been suckered into the PAP's GDP myth - continuous growth & expansion is needed for prosperity and happiness. Just so, some of the happiest and wealthiest nations are small ... the Nordic nations, Holland, Switzerland to name a few. Switzerland for instance is landlocked, has zero natural resources (we at least have a deep water port located at a major trading crossroads) and a population size similar to ours but has a quality of life the envy of many larger nations.

Again, remove your blinkers and learn to see beyond the propaganda perpetrated by your Pappy masters. Big is not necessarily better, and small does not spell doom.

Changing people......changing mindsets......asking sinkies to vote anyone else but PAP.........easier because small? Well I would like to see you say that outright cos I know you won't.

Tell LKY to run China and see whether he can turn it into a First World nation in one generation. 'Nuff said.

1) Join the grassroots, politics, social movements. Initiate change. Go out and change sinkies.
2) Migrate for better bigger pastures with people of similar mindset on politics and not blind sheep voting a benevolent dictator
3) shut up

For once we're on the same page. These are also the same three choices I always present to Sinkies, paraphrased thus:

1. Stay and fight the good fight (patriotic)
2. Emigrate (expedient)
3. Shut up (pathetic)

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkieland is a tiny dot. So it cannot grow. It's like putting bets on a tiny little company or a tiny yacht. So no matter who you vote. Sinkieland is still a tiny dot. You cannot change that. Some thing CANNOT be changed period. Well actually can lah eg go to war with Malaysia and annex Johor.....but that's a different story.

Why you so hard up on this change topic?

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

quote-for-things-to-change-you-have-to-change-for-things-to-get-better-you-have-to-get-better-jim-rohn-85-96-39.jpg

jim-rohn-jim-rohn-if-you-dont-like-how-things-are-change-it-youre-not.jpg

imgres

imgres

Anyway am I talking to an intelligent NATO type sinkie?

3) shut up

Why quote angmohs? Not deep enough to source Chinese quote.

Angmoh are late civilisation started in 1066 after death of Jesus in London in front of St Paul Church.