• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP Foreign Trash Policy

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please circulate to as many friends as possible for our future n that of our children...

Replaced by FT Finally and I Voted For It!

November 21st 2017

I worked for MNC for the last 10 years, before I was in a GLC. I am First Class honours from NUS ComSc. I had it easy with my good grade, I joined a GLC and got a good head-start and pay. I was in IT software development and later became manager of the department.

That was in the 2000s, FTs were streaming in but the numbers were not significant, I always believe that we probably need more IT talents, the brainwashing on media worked on me. But nevertheless, at that time, I was making good pay, I thought of nothing. Every GE, I voted PAP for sure, life was good and money was good. I never once thought of voting opposition except I thought WP was credible enough to consider.

But then, since life was so good under PAP, why bother. Politics are politicians, we were just making a living and when living was so good, would you want to make any change? Over the 10 years, my pay tripled and I bought a condominium, living the 4Cs that many of us dreamt of.

2010 onward, the stream of FTs were too obvious, particularly from China and India. I made a switch from GLC to MNC, I did notice growing number of FTs. But well, I got another pay hike, so who cares!

One of my old colleagues called me to ask him to help him to look for a job. He was from Indonesia but came here when he was 13, became citizen. He had MBA from US and remained unemployed for 4 years, that was in 2013. I found it hard to believe his words because I had never experienced such incident nor heard from anymore. Perhaps I was sent overseas then, I rarely came back to the HQ in Singapore. But I did understand his Pinoy wife with a dubious degree was promoted so many times after joining the PA. So the Pinoy wife was the sole breadwinner and senior manager in PA.

I never really thought of much, I thought he was lazy. As long as you want a job, you could get it easily. I also failed to realise, government had already started PRO FT policies, grooming and promoting FTs in ministries and government agencies. Yes the Pinoy wife took the cue and became new citizen.

I came back to Singapore HQ in 2014 after working for few years in Australia. Life was good, pay was good but coming back is for the family. And I heard on media that PAP wanted all the locals who are based overseas to come back. That gave me some kind of assurance that I did not apply for PR nor thought of migrating there. Once back in the HQ office, I discovered almost 60% of the workforce were FTs, mostly from India.

I was made to report to a regional VP from India who became a PR not long ago. Back in Singapore, the office politics became quite obvious, I felt that my boss was trying to find problems with me. Although I tried hard to please and work to the best of my abilities, there was always something to pick on. I had great records through the years of work and in my last posting, strangely back in Singapore I was branded as “non performing”. Then I realised there was nothing wrong with me, I was being targeted. I saw no point carrying on, I decided to resign. After my resignation, another FT Indian was hired quickly, and to my knowledge they seem to know each other.

Since the resignation, I had not landed any job for almost 2 years. For some reasons, even with good regional software experience and excellent academics, I had very few interviews. And when I met with FT managers, the outcomes had always been negative. It looks to me locals are heavily discriminated.

I also went to WDA, E2i and government organised events, I found that they were mostly “wayangs”, they just want to have put up a show that they are helping locals but it was purely BS.

Since then, I reflected the years when government decided the FT policies, I was too busy making good money. I never realised one day I would be hit. I always voted PAP and trusted that my future would be secured. But it looks to me, I had been too trusting and this has caused me dearly.

I am planning to downgrade and sell my condo to free up cash so that I can continue to live with dignity.

For many of us like me, we are all caught up with chasing career and money, we never really thought about government policies and gave blind faith and trust. I always voted PAP, no matter some of my opposition supporter friends who kept warning me.

Well I have to face the music and I have to say, my time is really over, the next generation will bear the brunt of our decision. If we continue to vote blindly, we are creating the black hole for ourselves and our children. My vote for PAP has come back to haunt me dearly. This is what I have to remind you.

Former PMET.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if he claims he has good "regional" software experience yet has a hard time finding a job, he must be truly fucked up. in the first place, what does "regional" software experience mean? if he doesn't have a great answer for that, he can continue to idle and rot in the sg i.t. environment.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he claims he has good "regional" software experience yet has a hard time finding a job, he must be truly fucked up. in the first place, what does "regional" software experience mean? if he doesn't have a great answer for that, he can continue to idle and rot in the sg i.t. environment.
my uncle say basically he means amdk lo. he say or else you want him to state amdk meh.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my uncle say basically he means amdk lo. he say or else you want him to state amdk meh.
after all these years in "software" if he can cum here and answer some questions on i.t. he can be employed easily in the bay area despite his age. the 1st question for him is: what is the most troublesome cause of reassembly issues of jumbo frames before and after they have been fragmented going through the latest tunneling protocol in a mobile network? if he can answer this question in 69 words, he can apply for jobs with the best companies in sillycon valley.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
This one I tia kong one, only those in ICA can confirm: PRs given to those who stayed in SG for minimum 3 months at the peak of the influx.

such exceptional talents we have in Sinkiestan now.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Epitome of fucked up sinkie.

Had chance to apply for Ozzie PR but probably didn't because it was "too troublesome" then give excise go back sinkieland "is for kids".

All cliches!

Another probably intelligent but NATO type.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one I tia kong one, only those in ICA can confirm: PRs given to those who stayed in SG for minimum 3 months at the peak of the influx.
such exceptional talents we have in Sinkiestan now.
Not long ago,very easy for Malaysian Chinese to get Singapore PR
and even a Malaysian Chinese vegetable seller also can get Singapore PR.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Likely fake. First class hon com sc should be pretty good technically. A number of kids from com (not first class) all have no problem getting job. One already migrated to oz, another now in US and one free soul hoping from job to job. Their feedback is that some of the tiongs are really very good but not the nehs.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guys, for those who didn't know, this Sinkie is a prime example of the stupidity, apathy and self-centeredness of the 70% that we keep talking about in this forum. They are the despair of the remaining 30% and the only reason that this forum continues to exist. It also strengthens my conviction that academic grades and intelligence are two entirely different animals altogether, and therein lies one of the factors for the abject failure of the scholar system.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the chap's predicament. As the Chinese say, 咎由自取.

The near and medium-term future of the nation hinges on how fast we can awaken a critical mass of the 70% to obtain at least a 2/3 majority in Parliament in the next two elections. Failing which, a revolution – a Singapore Spring – may be in order. In a fascist authoritarian system, rigged elections and flawed democratic processes cannot be depended upon reliably to replace an inept and kleptocratic government.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the real world, we are on our own. I am a 2nd class lower graduate and I had worked hard to outperform these FTs with Master degrees and PhD in my current workplace. That why I was not replaced by FTs earning or asking for $10,000 a month.

Now I still holding on a good job, good income and more importantly having dignity :smile:

We cannot blame everything on the garment :cool:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the real world, we are on our own. I am a 2nd class lower graduate and I had worked hard to outperform these FTs with Master degrees and PhD in my current workplace. That why I was not replaced by FTs earning or asking for $10,000 a month.

Now I still holding on a good job, good income and more importantly having dignity :smile:

We cannot blame everything on the garment :cool:
most important is not holding a job. it means you're a dependent relying on someone else deciding the future for you. most important financial planning activity in your life is to becum financially independent as soon as possible.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
These people like to resign without already having a replacement job.

So confident can find high paying job....then.....kpkb.

Employers not stupid lah. You go for interview they ask what you doing now? You say nothing....they know you cockupone

twentyfour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, for those who didn't know, this Sinkie is a prime example of the stupidity, apathy and self-centeredness of the 70% that we keep talking about in this forum. They are the despair of the remaining 30% and the only reason that this forum continues to exist. It also strengthens my conviction that academic grades and intelligence are two entirely different animals altogether, and therein lies one of the factors for the abject failure of the scholar system.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the chap's predicament. As the Chinese say, 咎由自取.

The near and medium-term future of the nation hinges on how fast we can awaken a critical mass of the 70% to obtain at least a 2/3 majority in Parliament in the next two elections. Failing which, a revolution – a Singapore Spring – may be in order. In a fascist authoritarian system, rigged elections and flawed democratic processes cannot be depended upon reliably to replace an inept and kleptocratic government.

Yes this kind of asshole very common in Sinkiestan. When times were good, he was lapping it all up. Just read his post. He admits to that implicitly. When he was displaced, only then he thought about rallying people against govt policies that hurt Sinkies. Typical Sinkie lanjiao lang. As long as own belly is fed, ignore everything else going on. He deserves it and he knows bloody well who he voted for previously.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Any sinkie stuck in sinkieland cannot go anywhere else in world is cannot make it one.

Dun matter who you vote. You stuck in sinkieland you deserve it.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Disagree. It does matter who you vote. Question is how to get enough people to make the sensible vote to overthrow the regime.

It's the defeatist mentality of Sinkies like you who think that 'vote don't matter, PAP always win' that drags down the other 30%.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Disagree. It does matter who you vote. Question is how to get enough people to make the sensible vote to overthrow the regime.

It's the defeatist mentality of Sinkies like you who think that 'vote don't matter, PAP always win' that drags down the other 30%.

It's the fact that sinkieland is a tiny dot.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any sinkie stuck in sinkieland cannot go anywhere else in world is cannot make it one.

these sinkie owners of supercars will disagree.
maxresdefault.jpg