• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oz scores 2nd best in world quality of living.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loser cockroaches like Aussie Prick can go on posting rubbish under dfferent nicks trying to discredit the 'lucky country' because of his own sour grape frustratations but the actual picture as seen is very different. :wink:

http://www.internationalliving.com/Internal-Components/Further-Resources/quality-of-life-2010

This is the reason why my wifey finally decided to give up her sinkie status & be part of the lucky country, despite being a pro-pap supporter.. her family is going to hate me forever.. hehe.. BUT my son will love me..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone should print a guidebook for the Indian students coveing such things as
- don't look for cheap accommodation in a bad suburb
- don't take jobs at high risk locations and work too late in the night
- don't carry laptops and mobile phones and return home late at night
- don't assume OZ is crime free
- do what the rest of the other students from rest of Asia do.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell that to the Indian students who are getting burnt, stabbed and beaten on a daily basis. :rolleyes:

I've heard many white Australians complaining - what rights do the Indians have..? they joined the taxi protest... they joined the Indian students protest... they gave us a bad name.. they disrupted trams and traffic.. Australians really hate them man..

WTF.. I've seen many mistakes made by the million dollars ministars.. many investment losses by big org... yet not a single protest in SG..

Indians should do more protest in SG.. instead of getting killed.. perhaps SG will reward them :wink:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bah, I doubt the Indian students would read it. The other day, was discussing the same issue with a couple of my colleagues here. One of them is a former Indian national, even he pointed out that its only the Indian students that seem to be "racially" targeted but not the business, working classes. The other colleague just pointed out Footscray is a suburb he would never ever goes to late at night no matter the circumstances. You are right in the points you listed, but at the end of the day these students would still chose "cheap" over sense. Why does the media only report about Indian students? There are no PRCs students in this country ? Don't they get robbed as well?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You right. These chaps have come over to get PR, hoping to work and I suppose unscrupulous agents have fed them some nice things as well. Their currency is also weak so they become desperate once they come over.

I do recall when there was a surge of students from PRC, SEA that there were issues and resentment particulary from Melbourne some sometime around mid 2000s. Some of the rich chinese kids were flying around melbourne in expensive cars. Howard had to reassure the locals that they are stiudents and they will be gone eventually. He also released numbers and the fact that most of the schools,colleges in Melbourne were concentrated nearby giving the impression that was a surge in migration. I was surprised that Indonesian students had huge numbers until I realised that its the Indonesian Chinese. For them, matricualtion and Uni is always OZ. The differnce was that these students were more security conscious and had common sense.

Bah, I doubt the Indian students would read it. The other day, was discussing the same issue with a couple of my colleagues here. One of them is a former Indian national, even he pointed out that its only the Indian students that seem to be "racially" targeted but not the business, working classes. The other colleague just pointed out Footscray is a suburb he would never ever goes to late at night no matter the circumstances. You are right in the points you listed, but at the end of the day these students would still chose "cheap" over sense. Why does the media only report about Indian students? There are no PRCs students in this country ? Don't they get robbed as well?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rich students from Indonesia/PRC will always drive fast/expensive cars. Go down to Kingsford/Randwick here, near UNSW, and you will see students in T-shirt,short,sandals driving SLKs. There was an accident here of a PRC student that got killed in his Ferrari just last year.

Indonesian Chinese are in Sinkieland as well if you look carefully. I remember when I was in secondary school in Sinkieland about 25% of the class is Indonesian Chinese, another 25% Malaysian Chinese, even the 50% that are classified as sinkies, most of them have parents with PRs/Citizen that "migrated" to Singapore. This is easily 15-20 years ago. I don't see what is the problem with all this FThrash talk nowadays. I think its the "quality" of the people that has been admitted recently that is the problem.

Don't get me wrong, not all the PRC students that are here are rich. Their ultimate goal is to get PR here just like the Indian students. But I do see more sense in them then going for the cheapest. Some of them will tell you of the "horror" stories of when they arrive, 10 students squeezed into a 3 bedroom apartment. Most of them know this is not the right way to live and would seek better accommodation within the first few months. I don't see this happening with the Indian students here.

With all the media attention in India about Australia being a racist country and Indians not coming here. I say good riddance, you are right that they have not properly evaluated their expenses here, and are just trying to come here and hope for the best. This would ensure only the "quality" Indians would come here. If you have not done any "homework" on coming to Australia please don't even attempt to come over here.

You right. These chaps have come over to get PR, hoping to work and I suppose unscrupulous agents have fed them some nice things as well. Their currency is also weak so they become desperate once they come over.

I do recall when there was a surge of students from PRC, SEA that there were issues and resentment particulary from Melbourne some sometime around mid 2000s. Some of the rich chinese kids were flying around melbourne in expensive cars. Howard had to reassure the locals that they are stiudents and they will be gone eventually. He also released numbers and the fact that most of the schools,colleges in Melbourne were concentrated nearby giving the impression that was a surge in migration. I was surprised that Indonesian students had huge numbers until I realised that its the Indonesian Chinese. For them, matricualtion and Uni is always OZ. The differnce was that these students were more security conscious and had common sense.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Indian students are seriously hoping that OZ will clear the bad suburbs for them and they will still get their cheap accommodation. The Taxi revolt and the protest are unfortunately a short time fix. To the Aussies, its like these chaps are dictating terms.

Unfortunately they won't be going away. The acedemic industry is too dependent on them. The Singaporean lecturer told me that his job will go as Indians students make up a significant number in his class. He told me the Academia is right behind the students because of job security. That includes the big boys as well.

I don't see this happening with the Indian students here.

With all the media attention in India about Australia being a racist country and Indians not coming here. I say good riddance, you are right that they have not properly evaluated their expenses here, and are just trying to come here and hope for the best. This would ensure only the "quality" Indians would come here. If you have not done any "homework" on coming to Australia please don't even attempt to come over here.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Indian students are seriously hoping that OZ will clear the bad suburbs for them and they will still get their cheap accommodation. The Taxi revolt and the protest are unfortunately a short time fix. To the Aussies, its like these chaps are dictating terms.

Unfortunately they won't be going away. The acedemic industry is too dependent on them. The Singaporean lecturer told me that his job will go as Indians students make up a significant number in his class. He told me the Academia is right behind the students because of job security. That includes the big boys as well.

Thats interesting, I'm pretty sure there are more PRC students here then Indians. The only place where I've seen more Indians then PRCs seem to be at the private colleges. Its sad that Academia is even considering appeasing these Indians students just for the job security. :mad:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The huge intake of Indian students is that English is a common factor and its whole lot cheaper than UK and US. PRC students are now heading West and not east though they are significant in numbers still.

The industry is huge. Classes and course have mushroomed and most of it are not worth the paper that are written on. The operating principle has been such revenue streams help support mainstream education for Aussiess. Which is right.

I remember that many years ago, Edith Cowan University announced drastic fee increases for international studentsa and they actually mentioned to subsidise locals. There was a short uproar but International students paid up and got their degrees.

Thats interesting, I'm pretty sure there are more PRC students here then Indians. The only place where I've seen more Indians then PRCs seem to be at the private colleges. Its sad that Academia is even considering appeasing these Indians students just for the job security. :mad:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fully agree with you. One has to just know how to go about to be safe. No place is crime free. If you were to like walk into a gang infested ghetto when a drug deal is being negotiated, then whose fault will it be?

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's the interesting thiningg here. Even here in Singapore, if you see the Indinans, they tend to squeeze themselves into like 10 of them in one house. They ususally tend to stay around Serangoon road becuase the rents are cheapthere . Its no use trying to save money and risk your own life and have a bad quality of life. This is something that they should know.