• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Owner for ksl d'esplanade residence

Girlnextdoor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi can anyone advice? I also didn't receive any letter from KSL except for 1 voucher to the Jurassic pool thingy. . .

I called KSL last week, was asked to make appt for the viewing and the girl didn't mention anything about payment etc. I'm on GRR scheme too and a bit confuse, is the viewing/inspection of the unit considered as TOP? Or TOP once the unit is fully completed? Did anyone sign the rental agreement? What if the unit has some discrepancy from the S&P? What do I do?

Last edited:

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't know where they send those letters to ........ within 2 weeks should have received ... unless they send via "snail company" ???

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All
I am on the gteed rental scheme, read the S&P, isn't the Maintenance fees supposed to be waived for 3 years? Why do we need to pay them now? I had to pay 4+1 plus Electricity deposit plus water deposit totalling about RM 2400. Any comments pls?

Yes, maintenance fee is waived for 3 years for GRR scheme owners. They are saving admin work by doing everything together (including those under GRR scheme). Since they need to submit utilities connection for every unit too. Those under GRR scheme pay maintenance fee in advance. The total amount will also varies depending on the price of your property (property tax will be different). That's why I am paying lesser for property tax since I bought a studio unit.

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
After calling them 4 times and going down to their office they finally said they are going to submit the application next week. I just dont understand why they need to delay owner from applying power and water to their unit.

they work very differently in their country ... here in SG you feedback and can expect answer / work done very fast.

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
KSL also bought the fire insurance for the unit which is not cheap without informing owners. For my unit, it is RM687 for one year...just fire insurance....
In the end, we pay it.

Their fire insurance really expensive. But lucky only 1 year. After that we are free to buy from other companies of our choice. I bought my fire insurance for my home in SG and cheaper.

kevshen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi foopiew,

Thanks for your info. Actually all of these problems, my unit also have....I will put them on the defect list when I go there next time. I think they will not contact us before we call them. They are really very lazy bum....

Hi Kevshen

Below are some of my defects. They say they will fix it in 30 days. Without water and power there is very little you can do with the house.

floor not flat
wall not flat
bathroom no tap
window faulty
door has dent
tiles crack
toilet wall have unknown broken pipes
no water pipe to the toilet bow
walls edge not right angle
skirting not even
the lift is also not working properly. If you stay on the high floor. You will get plenty of exercise

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
reading all these complaints made me very glad that I actually went to do the ground work before deciding not to buy from KSL.

after the cooling measures in SG kicked in, and aft hearing ppl telling me I should go to KSL for the massage, I made my way there one weekday afternoon.

The façade looked alright but everything changed aft entering the car park. There were some misdirections - on top of the arrows that led me to a dead end, I actually had to enter and exit the basement to access the upper floor parking. Then of course the poor finishing/condition of the car park was very telling. While it doesn't affect the residents and shoppers in a big way, it tells of the standards that the developer is willing to accept. And in KSL's case, the standard was very low.

Then the layout of the mall. So many push carts and small shops selling the same things. Food vendors sold mid to low quality food. unlike most Malaysians malls that are very spacious, KSL is relatively tight. Again, this tells me that the mall is poorly managed and that the owners are very money minded (not that making money is wrong but they failed to understand that to profit maximise, the cost/quality ration must be optimized. KSL was revenue maximize and cost minimise.

Those were the conclusions that I drew after visiting the mall. Even though they were still selling the condo, I didn't make any enquiry at all. Even though I was suppose to try the massage at KSL, I still drove to BI to get my fix that day. The aura at KSL just wasn't rite.

After reading the various posts here, I shared with my Malaysian fren abt this project. I told him that a unit with toilet bowls but no pipe was allowed to VP. He looked shocked! he is not a young chap like me who knows nuts abt Malaysia. This guy is an old man who grew up in MY. it seems that he, too, hasn't seen a condo without a function toilet and broken pipes being allowed to VP.

I hope KSL rectifies the units for you guys. I hope mine doesn't turn out like this 3 years from today.

goldenbet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to KSL on Saturday to view my unit. Work is only 90% complete. But i really don't care if my sink is not connected or the unit is not fully furnished because i am not going to stay in the unit for at least 3 years. Since the 3 year period starts from 22 Sep what difference does it make if KSL has not completed the work. If they don't complete, they cannot give it for rent, loss for them.

goldenbet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Furnitures present in the room are basic, not of luxury quality.
Quality wise, i did not notice any serious issues. Only issue i noticed is that the work is not fully complete. Finally it boils down to personal preference. I just hope that resale market in JB picks up in 3 years time and i am able to find a buyer for my unit. I have few photos, i am not able to attach them here due to file size. please pm me with your mail ID if any one of you want the images.

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to inspect my unit today. Some of the fixtures are not up yet (curtains / taps / sink / piping). But they will be fixed within a month. No major issues with my unit and my husband & I are quite satisfied with our unit. Wall is solid and straight. Tiles are well done. Kitchen cabinet & wardrobe are above our expectation :smile: On GRR scheme and will be staying there after we get our access cards. I like the gym & swimming pool. Will be spending my time exercising over there. Here are some photos taken today.

commonbathroom.jpgcommontoilet.jpgsauna_insidebathroom.jpggym.jpglounge.jpg

Last edited:

mdmkhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
can anyone with a bathtub in the bathroom tell me if your bathtub is done up with cement tiles or with a gap at the side ? The inspection person told me it's supposed to be like that (the new mobile tub) .... but the gap is just not right for me ...

Girlnextdoor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to KSL this week and after going thru with the paper work I realized that there isn't any agreement on the GRR scheme. Meaning no docs that states that owners are not liable for damage or repair during that period. And the unit will be return is good condition etc. the closest doc is the POA which was signed during the purchase, it gives the right to KSL not to be liable for any damages during the 3yrs. The guy who attend to me is not familiar with Desplanade. Is anyone know/familiar with this?

Nespresso

Hi Goldenbet,
Do you think you can share your photos with me? I have yet to inspect my unit.
Thanks.

Last edited: