• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Own up! Are u one of them?

Suspicion

Alfrescian
Loyal

Updated: 06/11/2014 21:20 | By Channel NewsAsia

Last-minute World Cup sign-ups overwhelm SingTel hotline

4A30686178CB8958B0518811F21BDF.jpg

SINGAPORE: SingTel says it has increased resources to cope with the increased number of football fans who want to sign-up for its World Cup TV package. This comes after the telco's hotline buckled on Monday due to the last minute rush by football fans signing-up for the packages.

Reports say frustrated fans have complained that they have not been able to get through SingTel's hotline since Monday and had to sign up for the packages at a SingTel shop.

A SingTel spokesperson told Channel NewsAsia that the situation improved on Wednesday (June 11) after the telco increased capacity and resources to meet the overwhelming demand.

The spokesman added that it aims to shorten the usual two days processing time to ensure that subscribers would be able to catch the World Cup matches which start on Friday. - CNA/ly

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the end, still cave in.

That's why every subsequent World Cup, Sinkies continue to get screwed.
Even Japan, a first world country with supposedly high living costs, has free-to-air World Cup coverage for all matches.

This is also true for elections. If you don't know to vote with your wallet, you probably also don't know how to vote at a ballot box.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How much is bullshit? For all you, they forced GLCs to give out free subscriptions just to make this news

Indeed. There's a slight chance it could be Singtel propaganda to get last-minute subscribers.

The mainstream media always loves to play the role of advertising/PR firm for various corporations and industries.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember the usual BS at F1? Singtel was giving out free tickets to make a good showing. Good seats too. Full house my arse

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bros, please provide links(good connection ones) that i can stream the world cup, many thanks...:o

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lai lai lai.... How much u wanna bet Jamie Yeo slept with the fucking irritating Ang Moh moron.. And probably sucked his balls dry too?

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Har? Got people must pay for world cup one har?

I switch on the TV can see already.

Kena conned by Hakka Lee regime again.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The biggest torture would not be shelling out the cash but listening to these morons 'analysing the game pre and post match.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The biggest torture would not be shelling out the cash but listening to these morons 'analysing the game pre and post match.

4A30686178CB8958B0518811F21BDF.jpg

Indeed. It's laughable for the Singtel subscribers to pay good money for those nincompoops to do punditry. Maybe that's where all the money goes to... inside the pockets of these jokers.

Sky Sports, BeIN Sports, ITV etc all have better pundits.

Do a Google search for 'First Row Sports' and 'goatd sports'. :wink:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiya.. the news how seow one lah.

sure got a few late subscribers but certaintly not the numbers that will overwhelm singtel. if really so hot, why singtel put booths and ppl in every shopping centres in the heartlands to toolong ppl to watch WC. this news is just to whip up interest plus make singtel look good. Most kopitiams already boycott WC and the unearthly hours plus $$ put off the normal joe. Ftrashs also wont watch, pinoys only nba, ah neh watch twenty20, ah tiong too cheap to pay, left only the angmo. It will be interesting to see if singtel release the take up numbers.:biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, I'm not one of them. But I need to be careful because I'm on the verge of renewing my Mio contract and I must not get conned into taking up a package that includes the WC at great expense.