• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Overseas students don't want to work in Singapore

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work in Singapore? MNC ... Ang Mo on top with expat term. Local carry balls.

Work in GLC Singapore? .... Wayang wayang and nod head.

Work oversea more fun lah.. I also want to go oversea but other garment not so stupid. They reserve the good job for their own 1st.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I forgot to mention that reservist is BIG factor on why guys stay away. You're a civilian, and you can't even keep your hair long, and must ask permission from MINDEF whenever you leave sickapore. What the FUCK??

Reservist is PUNISHMENT for those who are not smart enough to stay out of sickapore. :oIo:

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what make you return Johnny?

As a student, I remember going to one get togethers organised by the Spore gov't, free food lah :smile:

It didn't change minds. Same rules, same laws, same gov't,...., That was years & years ago & sadly its gotten worse :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So what make you return Johnny?

Was away for many years & when I returned got decent job with some US MNCs. I then got a job with a better US MNC It was very much like working in Canada; colleagues were all foreign grads, very casual work environment, good pay & conditions,.... It was a company that everyone wanted to work for :smile:

Over the years the good people(locals & foreigners)left & more ugly angmos replaced the locals. Its now common to see locals working "late" because its expected. while the angmos knock off on time :mad: Angmo will side with other angmos against locals :mad: Plenty of ugly things are going on :mad::mad::mad: Would not happen 'openly' in Canada because of laws.

When I look at my ex-Spore friends & relatives, I'm struck at how much healthier & happier they are. If you get a chance LEAVE Spore.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually dudes,

It's not that I want to say this, but, people leave Singapore because they are not good enough to make the grade here. They have low self-esteem as well.

Singapore has a positively elite survival-of-the-fittest atmosphere where you have everything like political, social and economic stability and security.

All you need to complete the equation of a beautiful life here is money, that's all. With money you can buy safe state-censored DVDs by the dozen, have a nice abode at the extremely artificial Orchard Road city with firm ERP penalty structures and unbearably cliched everyday restaurant cuisine surprisingly usual in everywhere else, a lame dick night life in and around the business district where both lifeless and sad desperadoes flock, those boring let's-see-who-is-better-is-it-you-or-is-it-me country club memberships where you'd feel like socking and scratching the faces of these incredibly old and incredibly ugly yellow chink fucks, have socialite, sophisticated idiot friends who mostly, well, don't or can't really explore beyond their pseudo-intellectual realm and also their unbearable facial ugliness (inferior genes from their worthless parents that expensive shisheido cream and maybelline makeup can't cover regardless) and those hypocritical make-believe spiritual affiliations (fun haunted church dancing, heavily orchestrated shouts and standardized cheering whenever good things that supposedly befell their fellow lambs and sheep are announced just like those Multi-Level Marketing meetings, careful insults and open mockery of all the other major faiths in the enclosed church safely of their cell group "discussions" to name a few) etc.

Last edited:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary many of those who quit are the high fliers and the elite, who find that there are bigger oceans to swim in. Like LKY's grandson. He can have unlimited wealth and power here, why did he choose to stay away??

But so far, quitters come in all shapes and sizes. If people from all sectors of society quit, something is truly wrong with the system here, no?

Actually dudes,

It's not that I want to say this, but, people leave Singapore because they are not good enough to make the grade here. They have low self-esteem as well.

Singapore has a positively elite survival-of-the-fittest atmosphere where you have everything like political, social and economic stability and security.

All you need to complete the equation of a beautiful life here is money, that's all. With money you can buy safe state-censored DVDs by the dozen, have a nice abode at the extremely artificial Orchard Road city with firm ERP penalty structures and unbearably cliched everyday restaurant cuisine surprisingly usual in everywhere else, a lame dick night life in and around the business district where both lifeless and sad desperadoes flock, those boring let's-see-who-is-better-is-it-you-or-is-it-me country club memberships where you'd feel like socking and scratching the faces of these incredibly old and incredibly ugly yellow chink fucks, have socialite, sophisticated idiot friends who mostly, well, don't or can't really explore beyond their pseudo-intellectual realm and also their unbearable facial ugliness (inferior genes from their worthless parents that expensive shisheido cream and maybelline makeup can't cover regardless) and those hypocritical make-believe spiritual affiliations (fun haunted church dancing, heavily orchestrated shouts and standardized cheering whenever good things that supposedly befell their fellow lambs and sheep are announced just like those Multi-Level Marketing meetings, careful insults and open mockery of all the other major faiths in the enclosed church safely of their cell group "discussions" to name a few) etc.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think at the end of the day, elite or not, you will stay if you have a sense of belonging. Even if you leave, you'll return later.

People will leave if they do not have a sense of self-worthiness. Being educated and brought up in Singapore, many of us grow up being materialistic and our perception of "having made it in life" is based on the fortune the person has and not his overall achievement (e.g. family relationship, wealth, health, etc). Sad but true that most of us are that 'shallow'... :(

If you have a balance quality life, then leave. If you want a safe, secure but stressfully hectic lifestyle, then stay.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
His daugther is just another lesser mortal with rich parents.

More important is LKY 's own grandson who doesn't want to return. It must have surprised LKY :smile:

So after LHL the Lee dynasty is going to end. :rolleyes:

No worries. Albino take-over the baton.:confused:

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the outside looking in, Singapore is a first world country. From the inside looking out, if you are an employee, the working conditions are third world like with the dice heavily loaded against you.

?

not to mention the 3rd world wage rate that many S'poreans are drawing.

so if SG were to implement 1st world wage rate and you will get a higher pay, but that means that your favourite chciken rice, wanton mee is now $5 a plate, how many of you are ok with that?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really have no idea on why Indians / PRC folks have been brought in. I will try and spell it for you and others who are clueless.

The major driving factor is cost. Both these nationals are prepared to do things at a consideranly lower costs. They are prepared to take 60% of local salary and up 30% of 1st world expat salary. They might be scientists, PHD holders, Bankers etc but they all report in the main to 1st world expats or locals. They don't actually run or management anything. There are however exceptions where the PRC/Indians run the show but these are small.

What exactly has the PRC/Indians from India invented/innovated and even started. Iphone, Servers, pharmaceuticals, engineering marvels etc. These are all things that come from 1st world country.

I bet you can't even mention one modern invention or considerable achievement achieved by India or China.

You know why we do not recruit Japanese for kopi tiam or even in high end jobs that require PHD. Its because, they expensive. Japan is an asian country. So is Korea which is not a 1st world country but they will not take jobs as waiters, low end software progammers etc because their salary demands are higher.

Everytime you wipe the tables in your canteen, wipe that messy brain of yours. You got to stop worshipping false idols and PRC mei meis because they work harder and longer. You are no different to any other person who exploits cheap labour.

I have no doubt that India and China will progress, but at the moment they are highly regarded for one thing - cheap labour and this stretches from the cleaners, waitresses, construction people to scientists, bankers and engineers.

The best engineers, scientists, etc do not even come to Singapore, they go west.

Those who want to worship the West can remain there and not come back

There are many high quality PRCs to take their place

And they are not tainted with the loser mindset of the typical Singaporean

The fresh perspective and the new talent bode well for our future

There are now many PRCs in our tertiary institutions, in our labs and in civil engineering at the professional level

And there are very many of them in services such as retail and F&B

This country will do well if it continues wide open door policy to PRC

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
not to mention the 3rd world wage rate that many S'poreans are drawing.

so if SG were to implement 1st world wage rate and you will get a higher pay, but that means that your favourite chciken rice, wanton mee is now $5 a plate, how many of you are ok with that?

Minimum wage is just one part of the equation. The main issue is ensuring that everyone gets a decent quality of life, even the low wage workers. With the growing income gap, the uncertain times (one can easily fall into the unemployed category) and lack of basic protection for workers, there is no life at all (forget about the quality).

Of course, Singapore with a lack of land expanse and unfriendly neighbours probably can't do much. The problem is that the government made things worse with their policies. Sure, there will be people who think the government did ok but for the amount they are paid for, I certainly don't think we are getting value for money. Before anyone tells me to run for government, I looked around me at my fellow Singaporeans and after some deep thinking, I have decided it is better to just move myself somewhere else. I will leave it to you to wonder about the reasons.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do we know whether the son wants the job:confused:

Suspect the old man is the driving force behind the family & once he's gone the family will take it easy :smile:

Don't under-estimate Albino. Sekali spring a surprise aka outsider at Kranji horse racing, then you know !!:eek:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary many of those who quit are the high fliers and the elite, who find that there are bigger oceans to swim in. Like LKY's grandson. He can have unlimited wealth and power here, why did he choose to stay away??

But so far, quitters come in all shapes and sizes. If people from all sectors of society quit, something is truly wrong with the system here, no?

You dun need to be high flyer in order to live. All you need is a will to stike it out! Whether is suceed or not, nobody knows. Know of someone who strike it out by leaving everything behind. He those ah beng trying out his luck in Vietnam.

Something is wrong with the policy of nation building, but white scum will claim it is successful.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with what is happening. Some Singaporeans outgrow Singapore and move on. Others outgrow their country and move here. Singaporeans see opportunities in US and go there. Caucasians (some at least) see opportunities in Singapore and move here. No big deal at all.

As long as you have the brains, there is nothing you cannot do. It those who do not who will have difficulty anywhere in the world.

This is not a phenomenon that just affecting Singapore. Anyone going to a 1st world nation to further their studies from a 3rd world country will be attracted by the opportunities in these advanced nations.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't under-estimate Albino. Sekali spring a surprise aka outsider at Kranji horse racing, then you know !!:eek:

Hmm, maybe you are right but after Mdm Ho gets through with her disastrous investments(past & future). May not be much left in the kitty to interest the familee:rolleyes:

Last edited: