• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OVERHEARD: How To Escape Reservist Training Forever

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Downgrading can only take place for medical or bad character reasons. You either have medical condition or you have committed crime or a threat to national interest.

Which part you can't work out. Fandi and Peng Siong were both downgraded medically and still played for the country.

Do explain to everyone in this forum why you think that the hockey player got downgraded?

Do you know what is the meaning of "downgrading"

U need to learn how to read a post and digest the info.
- He was Captain of the national hockey team
- He completed 3 months BMT, with no injuries
- He is very fit, even prior to entering BMT
- He was downgraded inmmediately after BMT, and assign to be clerk
- He joined SAFRA right away to play for them and continued to train and play for the national team.

So, I want to ask u, Where is the correlation of your so called injuries with his downgrade. In other words, he has no injuries whatsoever, other than a couple of teeth knocked out in a game. This guy was Commando material or at the very least Guards. By the way, I never mentioned White Horse in that thread. I never said he was a WH. I am saying because of his position as an athelete, he was given special consideration thru his downgrade and what not, even though NS was supposed to be equal for everyone as claimed by the PAP. Hence, 1 country 2 systems.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
He told his kakis as long as he pay his sons close to $10K a month (sons working for him) and annual income is around $200K, Mindef lun lun will write letter if sons will do reservists training for minimum sum from Mindef.

IRAS will come after his sons like a ton of brick, pay up or else ...jail u for tax evasion!!
who has the last now?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Downgrading can only take place for medical or bad character reasons. You either have medical condition or you have committed crime or a threat to national interest.

Which part you can't work out. Fandi and Peng Siong were both downgraded medically and still played for the country.

Do explain to everyone in this forum why you think that the hockey player got downgraded?

Do you know what is the meaning of "downgrading"

EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU, in this forum understands my explanation on why these people are downgraded. So, for the sake of you, I will explain once again. Unlike what u said (these atheletes who are downgraded because they have suffered injuries and for medical reasons), what I have stated is that these people are perfectly healthy, and have no medical conditions. And are not possess of bad character. So according to your own critieria, they should not be downgraded, yet they were. Even by your own example of Peng Siong and Fandi, u are not making sense. Fandi and Peng Siong were 100% healthy and medically OK, otherwise, they could not have represented the country after their downgrade. Make sense? So, why were they downgraded than? As I have mentioned before, downgrading is used by the SAF to move people who are PES A into other non combat vocations. These other vocations allow the atheletes to continue to train and represent the country thru out their NS. If these people were not downgraded (which they should not be), they would be assigned to a combat unit like say, 6 SIR, and be an infantryman just like everyone else. That would mean they would go with their unit to ROC, Brunei, etc. for training, which could result in them missing opportunities to play for their country. So, very simply, they are given a desk job based in Singapore, and their OC know they don't really report to him, but to the national team.
Is this fair? Of course not. If you are PES A, u should serve like everyone else who is PES A. The SAF says there is no favouritism and double standard, but here u are. SO, I hope this is clear to you now. End of lessons for the day.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is your first post - where you mentioned "some medical deficiencies". In bold for your convenience

2 of my friends are super white horse. One was even a school swimmer and tennis player. When they entered NS, they were suddenly found to have some medical deficiencies and downgraded to PES C, and becam clerks. They have never been called up for reservist. Both in their 40s now. So the moral of the story is if you have political connections to the PAP, u will not need to do reservist.

This is your second where you claimed they are not national athletes. Bold again.

These are not national atheletes. One is related to LKY by marriage, and the other one's family is a household name. Also u never see people like Dhanabalan's son doing reservist, or even Hsien Young after he left the govt. If u are super white horse, you will not need to do it.

Then it becomes National athlete. Bold again.

Yes, that is the logic. The reason they are downgraded is not because of their sports injuries or whatever as stated by Scroobal. I did BMT with the captain of the National Hockey Team. As u can imagine, he was super fit and in great shape. But after BMT, he said he was downgraded to clerk and posted to an SIR. When I ask him why, he said that he was still on the NAtional Hocky Team and the SAFRA team. Being a clerk was easier for him to get time off for the training, games, and overseas tournaments. His CO was ordered to comply with his training and games schedule. SO, he spend his entire NS doing something that he liked. WTF. 1 country, 2 systems. Uniquely S`pore.

Now you claim no medical condition and "perfectly healthy". Bold again.

EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU, in this forum understands my explanation on why these people are downgraded. So, for the sake of you, I will explain once again. Unlike what u said (these atheletes who are downgraded because they have suffered injuries and for medical reasons), what I have stated is that these people are perfectly healthy, and have no medical conditions. And are not possess of bad character. So according to your own critieria, they should not be downgraded, yet they were. Even by your own example of Peng Siong and Fandi, u are not making sense. Fandi and Peng Siong were 100% healthy and medically OK, otherwise, they could not have represented the country after their downgrade. Make sense? So, why were they downgraded than? As I have mentioned before, downgrading is used by the SAF to move people who are PES A into other non combat vocations. These other vocations allow the atheletes to continue to train and represent the country thru out their NS. If these people were not downgraded (which they should not be), they would be assigned to a combat unit like say, 6 SIR, and be an infantryman just like everyone else. That would mean they would go with their unit to ROC, Brunei, etc. for training, which could result in them missing opportunities to play for their country. So, very simply, they are given a desk job based in Singapore, and their OC know they don't really report to him, but to the national team.
Is this fair? Of course not. If you are PES A, u should serve like everyone else who is PES A. The SAF says there is no favouritism and double standard, but here u are. SO, I hope this is clear to you now. End of lessons for the day.

Clearly you have difficulty in articulating and are certainly confused. All sportmen who are active in the national squad at the time of NS are always given desk or cosy jobs because they bring honour to the country and not to disrupt their training..

If you got a championship thoroughbred in your stable, are you going risk its potential by making it plough the field. The other horses like you however has to plough the field.

You should not be jealous of those who have superior ability. If you are an athlete with propect, are you going to take advantage of this allowance and avoid iunnecessary injury doing combat related duties. Its pretty much common sense.

Need any more help in remembering your posts or help in logic, reasoning and articulating, feel free to seek clarification.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"]Was having breakfast at Binjai Park coffeshop (bak kut teh) and overheard 1 lau lun father telling his kakis how he 'fixed' both his sons escape from reservists training.

Ready to hear this?

He told his kakis as long as he pay his sons close to $10K a month (sons working for him) and annual income is around $200K, Mindef lun lun will write letter if sons will do reservists training for minimum sum from Mindef.

Of course the answer is NO! So there u go. Just pay yourself a high salary and escape reservist training.
[/COLOR]

lky.jpg

"You this nnkc don't anyhow say without any proof ok, later ask my lawyers send you letter than you know ah. Hei hei hei hei hei.. "

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who have gone to OCS will understand. Injuries suffered during OCS will on some occasions lead to downgrading. Many OCTs and their parents actually appeal for reinstatement or medical reconsideration to get back into OCS. They have been refused even when some parents are prepared to give a written undertaking to absolve Mindef of further liability. Really pity those guys who have done close to 7 mths OCS or even the Commando course.

Just to share an experience here.

I have a schoolmate of whom went to OCS. But on the final week, he broke his leg during training and that is it. Although he recovered physically, he was not allowed reinstatement and was downgraded to Pes E. You could imagine how he felt upon fallen from grace.

Today he is a successful lawyer, but his failure to complete OCS had continue to haunt him.

Sad case.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today he is a successful lawyer, but his failure to complete OCS had continue to haunt him.

Sad case.

Other than the lost potential pay during NS, why should he have any regrets :rolleyes:

Most people see NS as a rite of passage that interferes with ones normal life goals. It is quite sad that there are people haunted by failures during NS Had a friend who died during BMT, his parents are haunted every day by their loss, because he was the only son :(

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, that is the logic. The reason they are downgraded is not because of their sports injuries or whatever as stated by Scroobal.

Injuries bound to happen but if not serious, how to justify for downgrade? :confused:

I did BMT with the captain of the National Hockey Team. As u can imagine, he was super fit and in great shape. But after BMT, he said he was downgraded to clerk and posted to an SIR. When I ask him why, he said that he was still on the NAtional Hocky Team and the SAFRA team.

I see this as loophole more than injuries that got downgrade. Meritocracy come from lip only. Can flip like prata as and when white scum like:oIo:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the tulan thing to see is the sportmen who have been downgraded and are clerks during active service doing rigorous training for sports at Camp facilities. For specilised training, they actually can book out. In the whole camp, they are fittest.

They have their hidden agenda while those in combat vocation have hidden agenda too. I can only say so much:rolleyes:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You cant beat them u join them, not bad to be a regular in the forces, jia liao bee and no reservist. win win for u.

Those regulars had their hidden agenda too. Will they fight at frontline or stay behind pushing NSmen to charge forward. Is still a big question mark:oIo:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is your first post - where you mentioned "some medical deficiencies". In bold for your convenience

This is your second where you claimed they are not national athletes. Bold again.

Then it becomes National athlete. Bold again.

Now you claim no medical condition and "perfectly healthy". Bold again.

Clearly you have difficulty in articulating and are certainly confused. All sportmen who are active in the national squad at the time of NS are always given desk or cosy jobs because they bring honour to the country and not to disrupt their training..

If you got a championship thoroughbred in your stable, are you going risk its potential by making it plough the field. The other horses like you however has to plough the field.

You should not be jealous of those who have superior ability. If you are an athlete with propect, are you going to take advantage of this allowance and avoid iunnecessary injury doing combat related duties. Its pretty much common sense.

Need any more help in remembering your posts or help in logic, reasoning and articulating, feel free to seek clarification.

Do u have amnesia? First, u say people are only downgraded becasue of medical issues or behavioural issues. Now u admit that athletes are also ok to be downgraded? NS is supposed to be a level playing field. I am not jealous of these people because unlike u, I don't have an inferiority complex and think these people should get better treatment than me. Also, I don't know what "honour" these people have brought to the country. LAst time I checked, Peng Siong was no Michael Phelps. Where is his Olympic gold? He is not even a good coach, what has his swim school produced? The only honour have been produced by FTs atheletes who don't do NS anyway. Our athletes would not even make it to the 3rd team or 4th team in most countries, much less win any Olympic medals. And for these sort of shit performance, they should have a cushy NS life? U are pathetic. Stop worshipping these idiots.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too had a platoon mate that ended up like that after 7 mths. Really sorry for this chap especially as it is the final week. I even heard cases where MPs and ministers were approached to no avail. Commandos are also another bunch.

Truly unfortunate and sad.

I have a schoolmate of whom went to OCS. But on the final week, he broke his leg during training and that is it. Although he recovered physically, he was not allowed reinstatement and was downgraded to Pes E. You could imagine how he felt upon fallen from grace.

Sad case.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I help you articulate.

There is favouritism during NS.

Thats common sense as it appears all over the world from the workplace to the home. Tell us something we don't know.

First, u say people are only downgraded becasue of medical issues or behavioural issues.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a WH as are my brothers. But people dun realise that within the WH community, there are different levels of WH. The top level, of which I know some, are really untouchable. These people never make it to a combat unit. At the most, they will be clerks, preferably at CMPB in Tanglin so they are near to their District 10 homes. But even as clerks, they are untouchable. No officer will tekan them for any reson. And they never ever have to do reservist.

Now that's what I call CORRUPTION and it is something rampant in most 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES. So it is not wrong to call Sinkeeland a '3RD WORLD COUNTRY' after all.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is simply a matter of choosing between declaring a high salary and paying more tax, or declaring a lower salary to 'relax' during reservist and pay less tax.

For certain jobs, like sales or business people you actually still make money will not working in office. So if you go for ICT, the govt still pays you 1/2 month salary MORE. Good deal to some pple.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I help you articulate.

There is favouritism during NS.

Thats common sense as it appears all over the world from the workplace to the home. Tell us something we don't know.

Its u that does not seem to be very articulate. Your list of downgrading grows with every post. Why don;t u name them all the factors articulately instead of adding ah hoc when u are proven u don;t know what the hell u are talking about. First u say people are ONLY downgraded due to medical or character issues. Than u add sportsman to the list. And now, u say that people can be downgraded due to favouritism too? U mustbethe last person in S'pore to know this. Why don't u just admit that your initial post about only downgrades apply to medical and character issues was wrong. As now, u admit that there are other factors that can allow for downgrading.

By the way, this whole thread is about escaping reservist training. So, let me tie it in for u. These sportsmen/national athletes that are downgraded during NS, (because as u say, they laughably bring honour to the country and cannot risk injury) are not upgraded back to PES A for their reservist even though they are still in peak physical condition, and the risk of injury is very much reduced. This is also a form of escaping their PROPER reservist duty. Got it?

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol so tramautising then how he became successful? his opponents can all use it against it..and keep uttering SIR...etc ....to refresh his memory of OCS..hahaha then he sure lose the case...

Sad case.