• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OVERHEARD: How To Escape Reservist Training Forever

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many supervisory staff tend to curry favours for white horses in the earlier years because many of the officers were not educated, no degrees and had to retire at 45. Hoping to employed by white horse's fathers.

It was the biggest policy mistake by govt.

I understand the need to kiss ass :biggrin: The white horse I knew had an uncle who was one of the top brass in MINDEF. If he had complained to his uncle, the CO, OC,...would probably be condemned :smile:

Few understand just how privileged the white horses are. I found out from the white horse about his life in a british boarding school where fellow student can be royalty :rolleyes:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I understand the need to kiss ass :biggrin: The white horse I knew had an uncle who was one of the top brass in MINDEF. If he had complained to his uncle, the CO, OC,...would probably be condemned :smile:

Few understand just how privileged the white horses are. I found out from the white horse about his life in a british boarding school where fellow student can be royalty :rolleyes:

I am a WH as are my brothers. But people dun realise that within the WH community, there are different levels of WH. The top level, of which I know some, are really untouchable. These people never make it to a combat unit. At the most, they will be clerks, preferably at CMPB in Tanglin so they are near to their District 10 homes. But even as clerks, they are untouchable. No officer will tekan them for any reson. And they never ever have to do reservist.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Logically speaking, if they are so fit to represent SG, how could be downgraded because injuries? Unless their injuries are terminal one lah.

But of course the white scum cannot explain and will not explain this lah. Otherwise ended in chaos they could not repair how....:rolleyes:

Yes, that is the logic. The reason they are downgraded is not because of their sports injuries or whatever as stated by Scroobal. I did BMT with the captain of the National Hockey Team. As u can imagine, he was super fit and in great shape. But after BMT, he said he was downgraded to clerk and posted to an SIR. When I ask him why, he said that he was still on the NAtional Hocky Team and the SAFRA team. Being a clerk was easier for him to get time off for the training, games, and overseas tournaments. His CO was ordered to comply with his training and games schedule. SO, he spend his entire NS doing something that he liked. WTF. 1 country, 2 systems. Uniquely S`pore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all wondered the same and thought it was ridiculous as they should be the fittest. Unfortunately as they push their bodies in sports, they are become prone to injuries especially joints and tendons. When these are affected, downgrading takes place and this applies to all NSmen whether they are sportsman or not. This is to avoid a permanent injury.

As sports is voluntarily, you can't force them to give it up but NS is different thing.

Those who have gone to OCS will understand. Injuries suffered during OCS will on some occasions lead to downgrading. Many OCTs and their parents actually appeal for reinstatement or medical reconsideration to get back into OCS. They have been refused even when some parents are prepared to give a written undertaking to absolve Mindef of further liability. Really pity those guys who have done close to 7 mths OCS or even the Commando course.

Logically speaking, if they are so fit to represent SG, how could be downgraded because injuries? Unless their injuries are terminal one lah.

But of course the white scum cannot explain and will not explain this lah. Otherwise ended in chaos they could not repair how....:rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You just answered your question. I am sure the Captain of the National Hockey Team is a nobody so he cannot be a white horse. But he must have carried injuries and sought downgrading. Which most logical person will do especially if he is not an officer or not ambitious. Obviously he likes to play hockey.

Between playing a sport and doing reservist as a PES1, which would you chose. Like I said, nothing to do with white horse.

Yes, that is the logic. The reason they are downgraded is not because of their sports injuries or whatever as stated by Scroobal. I did BMT with the captain of the National Hockey Team. As u can imagine, he was super fit and in great shape. But after BMT, he said he was downgraded to clerk and posted to an SIR. When I ask him why, he said that he was still on the NAtional Hocky Team and the SAFRA team. Being a clerk was easier for him to get time off for the training, games, and overseas tournaments. His CO was ordered to comply with his training and games schedule. SO, he spend his entire NS doing something that he liked. WTF. 1 country, 2 systems. Uniquely S`pore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add further, nearly 99% of national sportsmen have been downgraded from Terry Pathmanathan, Fandi, Peng Siong and the list goes on and on. Papsmarer has also mentioned the National Hockey Captain. Mindef, created the criteria not for sportman but for all but I guess everyone capitalises on it.

One of the tulan thing to see is the sportmen who have been downgraded and are clerks during active service doing rigorous training for sports at Camp facilities. For specilised training, they actually can book out. In the whole camp, they are fittest.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend (from police) went to IMH and told them he could hear voices. When they asked him who was talking to him, he named some imaginary names. Immediate downgrade.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am a WH as are my brothers. But people dun realise that within the WH community, there are different levels of WH. The top level, of which I know some, are really untouchable. .....

Never really thought about the WH community because too busy getting on with life :smile:

With the "equality" that exists in Spore I'm no longer surprised by anything that goes in this Spore. Suspect that many WH have already left Spore for good :rolleyes:

If you work outside the country for a few years they'll probably forget about calling you up for reservists. Its kind of hard to integrate someone with a unit :smile:

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"]

Ready to hear this?

He told his kakis as long as he pay his sons close to $10K a month (sons working for him) and annual income is around $200K, Mindef lun lun will write letter if sons will do reservists training for minimum sum from Mindef.

Of course the answer is NO! So there u go. Just pay yourself a high salary and escape reservist training.
[/COLOR]

Elitesm

satan power

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
You cant beat them u join them, not bad to be a regular in the forces, jia liao bee and no reservist. win win for u.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend (from police) went to IMH and told them he could hear voices. When they asked him who was talking to him, he named some imaginary names. Immediate downgrade.
so clever, so anyone here can hear voices? the down side is this will go down in his medical record right? And if it's serious enough, he can also withdraw his CPF :smile:

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all wondered the same and thought it was ridiculous as they should be the fittest. Unfortunately as they push their bodies in sports, they are become prone to injuries especially joints and tendons. When these are affected, downgrading takes place and this applies to all NSmen whether they are sportsman or not. This is to avoid a permanent injury.

As sports is voluntarily, you can't force them to give it up but NS is different thing.

Those who have gone to OCS will understand. Injuries suffered during OCS will on some occasions lead to downgrading. Many OCTs and their parents actually appeal for reinstatement or medical reconsideration to get back into OCS. They have been refused even when some parents are prepared to give a written undertaking to absolve Mindef of further liability. Really pity those guys who have done close to 7 mths OCS or even the Commando course.

i agree.. most sportsmen are fit, but they have sufferred some injuries or gone through operations before. so....... they are downgraded for this reason

colortv

Alfrescian
Loyal
i earn $10k/mth, $200k p.a.

Downgraded to C9L9

Just came back from 2-week reservist with no appointment and nothing to do...

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also escaped Reservist. I was a young boy...gone overseas to study after NS.....and thereafter continue to working in the country......Government got sick of asking me...where I was. Continuosly, gave them letters that I was working overseas. I was even working in Singapore for 6 years........but still issued letters that I was working for the country overseas...............never did a single reservist.....dumb government..........I am 48 now.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
so clever, so anyone here can hear voices? the down side is this will go down in his medical record right? And if it's serious enough, he can also withdraw his CPF :smile:

Once you clear IMH, you can throw your SAF issue. Don't know about the withdraw CPF thing.

PAP dun want you to have firearm and go and shoot Chao Tar face Ah Seng.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have known a reservist who is a member of secret society. I had seen him twice in the ICT and later he seemed to be disappeared. About ten years later, I met him and asked him why he did not go for ICT. He told me that he was arrested becos of fighting and was jailed for two years. After then, he did not receive any notice for reservist reporting nor in camp trainings.

brothers who want to escape reservist training may consider this. (just joking):biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You just answered your question. I am sure the Captain of the National Hockey Team is a nobody so he cannot be a white horse. But he must have carried injuries and sought downgrading. Which most logical person will do especially if he is not an officer or not ambitious. Obviously he likes to play hockey.

Between playing a sport and doing reservist as a PES1, which would you chose. Like I said, nothing to do with white horse.

U need to learn how to read a post and digest the info.
- He was Captain of the national hockey team
- He completed 3 months BMT, with no injuries
- He is very fit, even prior to entering BMT
- He was downgraded inmmediately after BMT, and assign to be clerk
- He joined SAFRA right away to play for them and continued to train and play for the national team.

So, I want to ask u, Where is the correlation of your so called injuries with his downgrade. In other words, he has no injuries whatsoever, other than a couple of teeth knocked out in a game. This guy was Commando material or at the very least Guards. By the way, I never mentioned White Horse in that thread. I never said he was a WH. I am saying because of his position as an athelete, he was given special consideration thru his downgrade and what not, even though NS was supposed to be equal for everyone as claimed by the PAP. Hence, 1 country 2 systems.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
i earn $10k/mth, $200k p.a.

Downgraded to C9L9

Just came back from 2-week reservist with no appointment and nothing to do...

There is something wrong with this math. $10K a month is only $120K p.a., not $200K. I suspect a lot of people are exagerrating their income in this thread.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
people have been using this method for a long long time...
the downside is the tax man will come after you....

either you pay load of tax or you do your service and get paid.
i opted for the former...

man...... isnt it good to be self employed. :biggrin: