• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Over-declare income by $60K

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I over-declare my income by $60K for two years straight, I can get a credit card with much larger credit limit from at least 3 or 4 different banks.

What's the catch? Other than paying a slightly higher tax than I should actually be paying?

After that???
Max out credit card, withdraw cash, then run road???

Come to think of it, maybe good idea!!
If over by 60k, assuming, overall is 120k.
5 banks enough?? 5 credit cards.
600k, then run road.

Worth it???

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People who run their own business have the ability to manage their accounts in a legal manner in order to show results in to secure financial arrangements. One example is to defer expense related items - don't move to better and less crowded premises, not replace machinery etc.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After that???
Max out credit card, withdraw cash, then run road???

Come to think of it, maybe good idea!!
If over by 60k, assuming, overall is 120k.
5 banks enough?? 5 credit cards.
600k, then run road.

Worth it???
No need run road. Declare bankrupt. Financially ruin but no need go jail one.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just park $200,000 with DBS.

You get black elite Amex card.

If I over-declare my income by $60K for two years straight, I can get a credit card with much larger credit limit from at least 3 or 4 different banks.

What's the catch? Other than paying a slightly higher tax than I should actually be paying?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because if I put myself into a higher tax bracket, my income tax rate will increase.

uncle sam wants me to file in a higher tax bracket, but i contribute to charities and donations to get deductions and reduce taxes. everything is transparent and documented. the best way for an individual to reduce personal income tax liability is the use of 1099 via a business enterprise. deductions can be made on "business-related" expenses. but it's open book during auditing, and there's no way to hide or room for "creative accounting". if caught you will be indicted for falsification and fraud, and worse, tax evasion. in your case, it's an enigma. you are the opposite. instead of tax evasion, it's tax exuberance! only folks like warren buffet is willing to pay more tax. but he can't over-declare. he'll go to jail for falsely bloating his earnings. a lot of ceo's and cfo's are in jail for reporting incomes that are not there.

the sg irs may forgive you.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
a lot of ceo's and cfo's are in jail for reporting incomes that are not there.

For publicly listed companies, yes, that's an offence by SEC regulations. Its tantamount to dishonestly manipulating your stock price. Worse if you own stock options that are dependent on your stock price, then its outright robbery. No different from your HK triad/thug.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need run road. Declare bankrupt. Financially ruin but no need go jail one.

Runroad is for ah long cases. For banks, yes, just declare bankrupt. I know at least 3 in the latter catefory driving super nice cars though officially, they are bankrupts. One even drove a taxi for 12 months just to appear more convincing. In the evenings, he hang flowers like a millionaire. Was told he 'swindled' several banks. Smart bloke.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For publicly listed companies, yes, that's an offence by SEC regulations. Its tantamount to dishonestly manipulating your stock price. Worse if you own stock options that are dependent on your stock price, then its outright robbery. No different from your HK triad/thug.

yes, they're hedging their bets on stock price appreciation as that's where most of their ill-gotten "wealth" are derived. salary-wise, it's peanuts compared to stock options.