• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Out of 407 NUS undergrads polled, 122 support WP, 6 support SDP

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is confrontational approach the best to oust the PAP from governing? If it is not accepted by the majority of the voters, why push it?
Ultimately, isn't the voters who are going to send you into parliament?

If the means is to (pretend to) please the majority but the end is to oust the White Scums, then what makes SDP better?

That is the main reason why I say SDP under CSJ is not going places.

CSJ has seemingly toned down on his angry look. Hopefully that is genuine instead of him just pretending to be so

Maybe he has found a good and trustworthy GE campaign manager?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other parties will have a chance in the long run, especially SDP, provided they focus on PAP and not all sides. SDP looks most promising.

Disagree, unless you are contrasting "focus on PAP" against "focus on other Oppo".

If CSJ/SDP focus is to oust the White Scums and getting themselves elected, instead of sincerely, humbly serving the people, they are no better than the devil they so hated.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wonder why people go after the second largest party most intensively when their growth best determines Singapore's future.

Of course.

If WP plays it safe, gets closer to the voters, takes good care of people in their wards, then White Scums, their lackeys and fake Oppo supporters will soon have no song to sing.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP only looks promising out of the rest of the unpromising ones :biggrin:

It's a poll done after the 2011 election. With WP holding all elected opposition seats, it is natural to be more recognizable.

Other parties will have a chance in the long run, especially SDP, provided they focus on PAP and not all sides. SDP looks most promising.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is a mickey mouse poll involving wet behind the ears young students..

These naive students have yet to enter the work force..

They have yet to face the cunning FTs from India and Pinoy Land in their offices..

They have yet to face the situation where they are retrenched from their jobs and having to compete for FTs for jobs..

When all these shit hits the 277 students in a few years time, lets see whethere they'll still support the PAP or not..

hi there

1. aiyoh! bro.
2. what can you expect from sheep of those dafter sheep.
3. equally dafter mah!
4. such useless poll, totally ineffective.

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opinion polls can be easily manipulated. Especially if they are done face-to-face and leading questions are asked before the key question. For a humorous example, please watch this video from the TV series "Yes, Prime Minister". Ask one set of leading questions and the respondent will say that "conscription is good for the country", ask another set of leading questions and the respondent, private secretary to the PM no less, will say that "conscription is bad for the country"!

In the context of the Little Red Dot, any survey done by an organisation funded by the Government cannot be trusted. If the PAP can look at the PA as a branch of itself, what is there to prevent it from looking at NUS in the same way?

[video=youtube;G0ZZJXw4MTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ZZJXw4MTA[/video]

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They have yet to take out a 35 year mortgage to buy a new flat.

They have yet to experience the anxiety of having their wife or daughter walk home at night through a street crowded with foreign workers.

They have yet to face workplace discrimination from a foreign employer.

They have yet to suffer the brunt of office politics played by a bunch of FTs to ostracize their Singaporean colleagues.

Their parents haven't told them how compulsory annuity locks up their CPF.

They have yet to wait 5 years for a BTO flat.

They have yet to lose a job due to NS liabilities.

They have yet to lose a business contract due to a train breakdown.

They have yet to experience sending out 500 resumes but only getting 3 job interviews, all of which were filled with FT applicants.

They have yet to pay a $50,000 COV for a resale flat.

This is a mickey mouse poll involving wet behind the ears young students..

These naive students have yet to enter the work force..

They have yet to face the cunning FTs from India and Pinoy Land in their offices..

They have yet to face the situation where they are retrenched from their jobs and having to compete for FTs for jobs..

When all these shit hits the 277 students in a few years time, lets see whethere they'll still support the PAP or not..

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thick headed NUS sheeps think they all will become hotshot investment bankers earning big bucks after graduating from the nationalized degree mill. Pffft.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If articles not in good English, complain that party is not professional. If in good English, complain too "atas".

Hold press conference in Speaker's Corner, complain about weather, about convenience, etc. Hold at hotel, complain too "atas" or "aloof".

Stick to traditional media, complain too "old fashioned". Use new media, complain it "don't appeal to older generation".

I am not an SDP supporter but why don't you stand up and do something instead?

Agree, some what.

Writing articles with perfect grammar that appear only on SDP website when they could and should be selling their ideas to the people on the street.

Holding press conference to discuss their alternate policy in a posh hotel? Maybe they can consider Speakers' Corner or do so during their Block Party

Really. They need to get some professional help with the way they reach out to the voters and to run a proper GE campaign.

Last edited:

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's very obvious that despite the stupid bullshit on the internet, the smart kids from our local uni can still tell between bullshit and real substance hence the majority still stuck with the PAP.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
v

Really. They need to get some professional help with the way they reach out to the voters and to run a proper GE campaign.

Again, I am no SDP supporter, but if you attended even just one rally, you'd know they ran a GE campaign as good as WP's. I won't say better, but at least, on par.

Of course WP's drew larger crowd due to superior party branding and more extensive preparation on groundwork.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Typical Singaporean complain king.

If articles not in good English, complain that party is not professional. If in good English, complain too "atas".

Hold press conference in Speaker's Corner, complain about weather, about convenience, etc. Hold at hotel, complain too "atas" or "aloof".

Stick to traditional media, complain too "old fashioned". Use new media, complain it "don't appeal to older generation".

I am not an SDP supporter but such mentality simply puts me off. Typical Sinkee who complains about everything no matter which way it is. Why don't you stand up and do something instead?

He may have a point there. What SDP needs is not to reach out to the liberal intelligentsia but to those who will put them in parliament - the HDB folks.

I'm not a fan of the PAP nor am i a diehard supporter of WP (although i volunteered for them), if SDP wants to get back into parliament again they need to engage the aunty/uncles at the void deck

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He may have a point there. What SDP needs is not to reach out to the liberal intelligentsia but to those who will put them in parliament - the HDB folks.

I'm not a fan of the PAP nor am i a diehard supporter of WP (although i volunteered for them), if SDP wants to get back into parliament again they need to engage the aunty/uncles at the void deck

Yes, WP and the others began that way, by engaging the heartlands first, which turns out to be the correct strategy. WP is a bit slower in adapting to new media but because the foundation is strong, it is never a hindrance. In a sense, you and him are right, SDP needs to work backwards. I have edited my post.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Before that, they need to put together a team. I daresay once they start engaging the intelligentsia their lineup will not be worse than WP. Maybe even better. Quality of candidates is the single most important factor for opposition parties at this stage.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Before that, they need to put together a team. I daresay once they start engaging the intelligentsia their lineup will not be worse than WP. Maybe even better. Quality of candidates is the single most important factor for opposition parties at this stage.

That's too old school bro, the times have changed. That was what PAP like to use all the time and see where it got Georgie Boy and his homies in the end? While it is true that a warehouse assistant with a diploma may not be the voter's choice, a scholar is no guarantee either.

Look at Hougang BE, field a piece of char siew against the men in white and the char siew will still win over Desmond Choo anytime