• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Out of 407 NUS undergrads polled, 122 support WP, 6 support SDP

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a mickey mouse poll involving wet behind the ears young students..

These naive students have yet to enter the work force..

They have yet to face the cunning FTs from India and Pinoy Land in their offices..

They have yet to face the situation where they are retrenched from their jobs and having to compete for FTs for jobs..

When all these shit hits the 277 students in a few years time, lets see whethere they'll still support the PAP or not..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It shows how dumb the so called cream of society has become.

The term "Wayang Party" is too mild a term for the WP. They're pretty much Oscar winning material and are even bigger hypocrites than the pappies. Heaven help Singapore should they ever gain power.

The SDP is the only party who actually has the balls to cut to the chase and chew on issues that really do matter.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
The SDP is the only party who actually has the balls to cut to the chase and chew on issues that really do matter.

Agree, some what.

Writing articles with perfect grammar that appear only on SDP website when they could and should be selling their ideas to the people on the street.

Holding press conference to discuss their alternate policy in a posh hotel? Maybe they can consider Speakers' Corner or do so during their Block Party

Really. They need to get some professional help with the way they reach out to the voters and to run a proper GE campaign.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Undergrad nowadays are smart. they know very well that the prosperity they enjoy today is no accident. Thats why most support PAP.

I am surprised though that WP gets 30% and SDP only 1.5%. They obviously did not follow parliament and have no idea how useless WP is.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Writing articles with perfect grammar that appear only on SDP website when they could and should be selling their ideas to the people on the street.

Holding press conference to discuss their alternate policy in a posh hotel? Maybe they can consider Speakers' Corner or do so during their Block Party

Good suggestion about block parties.
Many needy residents would appreciate free makan.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say, SDP under CSJ is going nowhere. If they really hope to win something in the next GE, time to start getting the new leadership in place.

WP will continue to be the choice of voters who want an alternative. If they manage Aljunied-Hougang well, I would expect more GRCs to fall to WP.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad to say, SDP under CSJ is going nowhere. If they really hope to win something in the next GE, time to start getting the new leadership in place.
As foolish as he may seem, CSJ is the reason why SDP gets 6 votes and the rest like NSP SPP even less.
Its good to have a fiery guy in parliament for a change, thats teh real alternative voice. WP is wasting time really.

WP will continue to be the choice of voters who want an alternative. If they manage Aljunied-Hougang well, I would expect more GRCs to fall to WP.
Don't count on it. They have so many voices already but they squandered it all.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try conducting the poll at ITE or polytechnics and all will be clear.

ADD: Or the same cohort 20 years after graduation.

Last edited:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with SDP or CSJ, it is just that Sinkie voters prefer mild non-confrontational opposition parties. Not only the voters, PAP also prefer to deal with this type of opposition ...

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong with SDP or CSJ, it is just that Sinkie voters prefer mild non-confrontational opposition parties. Not only the voters, PAP also prefer to deal with this type of opposition ...

Is confrontational approach the best to oust the PAP from governing? If it is not accepted by the majority of the voters, why push it? That is the main reason why I say SDP under CSJ is not going places. Ultimately, isn't the voters who are going to send you into parliament?

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is 2-party system good? 'Depends on parties'
Student poll shows youth not blindly backing or rejecting such a system

Out of 407 students polled by the NUS Political Association, support for parties were as follows:

PAP -- 271 (66.5%)
WP -- 122 (30%)
SDP -- 6
SPP -- 4
NSP -- 3
SDA -- 1

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/straitstimes.com/files/ST_20121106_P1BLURBS06A_3375843.pdf

:eek::biggrin:

It's a poll done after the 2011 election. With WP holding all elected opposition seats, it is natural to be more recognizable.

Other parties will have a chance in the long run, especially SDP, provided they focus on PAP and not all sides. SDP looks most promising.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The term "Wayang Party" is too mild a term for the WP. They're pretty much Oscar winning material and are even bigger hypocrites than the pappies. Heaven help Singapore should they ever gain power.

I have a slightly more benign view of their inaction and I mentioned it more maliciously in another thread. WP has an abundance in two types - lawyers and social workers. Not a very numerate crowd which is important for solving our current malaise. They probably know it too, which may be why they chose to keep a low profile until such time. Which may never be if that image continues to be reinforced.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a slightly more benign view of their inaction and I mentioned it more maliciously in another thread. WP has an abundance in two types - lawyers and social workers. Not a very numerate crowd which is important for solving our current malaise. They probably know it too, which may be why they chose to keep a low profile until such time. Which may never be if that image continues to be reinforced.

Many years ago I read some critical piece that WP lacked lawyers. Today they are criticized for having too many lawyers.

Sometimes I wonder why people go after the second largest party most intensively when their growth best determines Singapore's future.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is not the leadership, unless the leadership is against the idea of getting some professional help reaching out to the voters and running a proper GE campaign.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
As foolish as he may seem, CSJ is the reason why SDP gets 6 votes and the rest like NSP SPP even less.

Care to elaborate?

Its good to have a fiery guy in parliament for a change, thats teh real alternative voice.

Disagree.

Politician that always look angry alienate the voters, even if he/she has the best GE campaign manager.

Best method is to smile. A lot.

If that doesn't work, he/she can try crying next. Look at Pinky for example.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only the voters, PAP also prefer to deal with this type of opposition ...

If given a choice, I think the White Scums would not be that embarrassingly stupid to lose a Foreign Ministar, one or two Jiak Liaw Bee or potential Ministars.

So if forced to, the choice between a confrontational or less-confrontational opponent is obvious. No?