• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Orlua Ak Bak! Sinkie Cinema Snack Bars All Not Halal Certified! Good Muslims Upset That They Gong Chee Bye and Ate Haram Snacks!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Religion of peace, no? Or that comes with a caveat, submission before peace? lol...

According the wikipedia, Islam mostly means 'submission', not 'peace'. Not unless the peace comes from submitting, just like peace can come to Singapore when oppies submit to PAP's leadership.

The Kaaba in Mecca is the direction of prayer and Muslim destination of pilgrimage
Islam (Arabic: إسلام‎, IPA: [alʔɪsˈlaːm] ( listen)) is a verbal noun originating from the triliteral root S-L-M which forms a large class of words mostly relating to concepts of wholeness, submission, safeness, and peace.[43] In a religious context it means "voluntary submission to God".[44][45] Islām is the verbal noun of Form IV of the root, and means "submission" or "surrender". Muslim, the word for an adherent of Islam, is the active participle of the same verb form, and means "submitter" or "one who surrenders".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam#Etymology_and_meaning

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have to thank the resident pappie dog for his good contributions to this thread. His insight into Islam is world class

I'm a grassroots leader. It's my duty to know more about the religious practices and insights of many of my residents.