• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Opposition parties may win more seats in GE2020

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
More sinkies are disappointed with poor progress in curbing covid-19 pandemic. More losing jobs, lower income, more biz closing, infection cases still high, restricted social life, etc. Opposition parties and their leaders should now reach out to the people to explain their plans to help the people overcome the crisis which may work in their favour to win more seats. They appear to be rather quite in current crisis.
without rallies you think they can?

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you 楊實秋?

Only Hate, can motivate more people. Hitler proved that to take power in Germany. Trump won Hillary because of that. Han was ousted yesterday because of that. Only anger against wrong policies can motivate people to stand. Oppositions simply bothered to never win enough votes aggressively.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every time the General Elections come round, the opposition parties and their supporters become bullish. Begin to believe in their own hype. Predicted that the PAP will lose more seats.

Every time the opposition become deluded. They need a reality check.

It will be no different this time around. Calm down.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Every time the General Elections come round, the opposition parties and their supporters become bullish. Begin to believe in their own hype. Predicted that the PAP will lose more seats.

Every time the opposition become deluded. They need a reality check.

It will be no different this time around. Calm down.

You are right. Not even God can bring down the PAP, let alone a measly covid pandemic. The PAP is expected to get a stronger mandate than GE2015. We need to give PAP the strongest possible mandate so that they can steer Singapore through this pandemic.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
They say they don't know when an election will be held.

They say the election department cannot "prematurely" reveal new election rules.

But they can begin their own election campaign with a 2-week series of election speeches by PAP ministers.

Personally, I don't believe in the first 2 reasons.

On the first, the PAP has ALWAYS boasted of how it plans ahead, even decades down the road. And here, it is saying it does not know when the election - the most important event for any country - is to be held, within the next few months? I find this dishonest.

On the second, they say the election department cannot "prematurely" reveal new election rules because the Covid19 situation is still "evolving" - but the PAP can start its campaign with this series of supposedly ministerial series of speeches? Yes, this series is an election campaign. Let's not kid ourselves. If not, why do you need 6 ministers over a course of 2 weeks, to tell Singaporeans what a post-covid19 Singapore will face?

Even the PM's ND Rally - which basically does the same thing (ie, tell Singaporeans what the govt's plans for the next 1 year are) requires just 2 hours, at most 3, and in just one speech.

Please vote more opposition into Parliament, Singaporeans.

If this pandemic has taught us anything, it is that this govt is not as perfect as it portrays itself to be. And the fact that tens of thousands of foreign workers have been infected, with HUNDREDS more still being discovered EVERY DAY after months of the first infection in January, 6 months ago, also tells you that this govt has mishandled the pandemic.

And why is this?

In a few words: complacency, hubris, arrogance, incompetence.

And most of all, a dominant, overwhelming majority in Parliament.

Also, the so-called 4G leadership has proved itself unable to lead in a crisis, fumbling even at simple messaging ( eg, whether we should wear masks or not).

And now, there are hints that in spite of all that has happened, the govt still thinks we ought to have a 10m population.

Yes, in spite of all that has happened these past 6 months, they think Singapore should double its current population.

Will they tell you this in their speeches these next 2 weeks? I doubt it.

Vote for change, Singaporeans. And let's start with voting more WP, SDP and PSP candidates into Parliament.

It will do Singapore good.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
1591623634700.png

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the PAP cabinet incompetence and the extreme CB measures in the virus outbreak might cause some swing voters to return to the Opposition this GE. rest of the Opposition will lose as usual, WP might retain its seats, repeat of the 2011 election is likely, PAP votes drop to 60%. but still i fear the worst for Opposition. PAP is eager to hold the election asap. maybe they are doing very well in their opinion polls ?

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
the PAP cabinet incompetence and the extreme CB measures in the virus outbreak might cause some swing voters to return to the Opposition this GE. rest of the Opposition will lose as usual, WP might retain its seats, repeat of the 2011 election is likely, PAP votes drop to 60%. but still i fear the worst for Opposition. PAP is eager to hold the election asap. maybe they are doing very well in their opinion polls ?
Singaporean are timid and afraid.
Moreover during this crisis they surely choose Pap

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
without rallies you think they can?
not sue how many like me, will blindly vote as long as there is an opposition dare to step into my ward.
why
because with PAP now the risk is clear and present:
1) gst to be beyond 7% and MPs draw high salary
2) my children will have to compete with CECA. PRC, Philippine....on usd-1500 to usd-4500 salary

to vote opposition the risk is not clear, might as well try, at least can have one less high salary PAP