• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Opposition Fighters Counted Down to 2009

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least representatives from:

SPP WP NSP RP SDP SDA were seen, not all had spoken though. Activists with no party membership were also there.

Homeless people at Hong Lim Park were invited to enjoy the fun and food & drinks. It was indeed a meaningful matter.

<!-- Begin .post -->

Opposition fighters counted down to 2009 & Remembered Mr. JBJ

I am still editing this msg & uploading videos.

posted by uncleyap at 3:12 AM

<!-- End .post -->

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

Opposition fighters counted down to 2009 & Remembered Mr. JBJ

I am still editing this msg & uploading videos.

man in long sleeve light blue shirt behind poster is Mr. Sin Kek Tong, Chairman of SPP,
He was among the very first people to arrive while SDP was still setting the place up:

Mr. Ng Teck Siong, Chairman of Reform Party selling Mr. JBJ's books & T-shirts:

SPP's Mr. Sin Kek Tong still visible at far back:

I saw strange clouds earlier at the very last day of 2008, black dragon in sky, and the sun was just in front of it - looking like black dragon swallowing the dragon ball 黑龙戏珠:

Ms Chee Siok Chin took charge of the food:

Mr. Juffre M spoke:

Mr. Steve Chia ex-NCMP NSP spoke:

Ms Jesslin Go spoke:

Mr. John Tan Dy Sec Gen SDP was released from QRP resort yesterday morning:

Mr. Gandhi Ambalam Chairman SDP spoke:

Mr. Sebastian Teo President of NSP spoke:

Mr. Ng Teck Siong Chairman Reform Party spoke to commemorate late Mr. JBJ:

Mr. Tan Kim Lian spoke to commemorate late Mr. JBJ:

Mr. Ng E-Jay spoke to commemorate late Mr. JBJ:

you got to watch these on video Dr. CSJ & band sang with guitar:

Son of late Mr. JBJ Mr. Kenneth Jeyaretnam spoke about his father:

Mr. Juffrie spoke to commemorate late Mr. JBJ:

Thank-you-note by Mr. Kenneth Jeyaretnam:

Giant Candle Message in the lighting up:

View from stairs of bridge:

View from a point of height:

COUNT DOWN!

posted by uncleyap at 3:12 AM

<!-- End .post -->

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr. Chee and the other musicians came with their guitar cases. Uncle Yap arrived a bit later with a long case strapped to his back too. Is Uncle Yap joining the band? What's his instrument? It doesn't look like a guitar case. A clarinet perhaps.

But no, Uncle Yap wasn't joining the band, and it wasn't a musical instrument that he was carrying. When he brandished it, lo! It was a chinese sabre more than 2-ft long. However, Uncle Yap wasn't fooling around and hasn't gone mad. He displayed some smooth moves with his sabre. No kidding, he really knows sabre martial arts.

By the way, for those who're still worrying or wondering, the sabre is unsharpened and Uncle Yap has a receipt from a licensed dealer with him.

Anyway, Uncle Yap has proven himself to be the real martial arts master. His personal motto is, with a sabre will travel across the four seas (单刀独行,纵横四海).

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr. Chee and the other musicians came with their guitar cases. Uncle Yap arrived a bit later with a long case strapped to his back too. Is Uncle Yap joining the band? What's his instrument? It doesn't look like a guitar case. A clarinet perhaps.

But no, Uncle Yap wasn't joining the band, and it wasn't a musical instrument that he was carrying. When he brandished it, lo! It was a chinese sabre more than 2-ft long. However, Uncle Yap wasn't fooling around and hasn't gone mad. He displayed some smooth moves with his sabre. No kidding, he really knows sabre martial arts.

By the way, for those who're still worrying or wondering, the sabre is unsharpened and Uncle Yap has a receipt from a licensed dealer with him.

Anyway, Uncle Yap has proven himself to be the real martial arts master. His personal motto is, with a sabre will travel across the four seas (单刀独行,纵横四海).

martial arts should be in MARTIAL ARTS corner. c n p over and out:biggrin:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not really, I arrived about 5pm the day light photos and videos proved it.

I was there to assist Mr. Ng Teck Siong sell books & T-shirts of late JBJ. Then as the photo showed here of Mr. Ng, he lacked a clothe hanger to display T-shirts, comparing to SDP's T-shirt booth as seen in video / pictures, SDP have clothe hangers to display those T-shirts.

So I walked into China Town Point to look for clothe hangers to buy for Mr. Ng :wink:, and after I bought them. I past by a martial art shop in China Town Point's art center, saw some interesting weapons, and I bought a broad sword of 30 Inches blade and long dual-hand handle. Aluminum material very light but not strong at all. More for Drama / Opera / Wu-Shu stage performance use type. I have other Chinese swords which are real stuffs, I purchased most of them from licensed dealers who registered my NRIC with LEEgime mata. Some others are gifts from overseas. I am like a weapon collector.

When I was little my late god mother who was a profound Wu-Shu master trained me in these toys, but I had lost my practices for more than 3 decades. I play with them only recently, just trying to lose my weight (w/o hunger-strike :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
why couldn't u borrow from sdp? how were the dogs by the way?:p:smile:

Only $1.60 to buy 5 plastic clothe hangers, so just buy lah. I went to China Town point also for the toilet and enjoy Aircon you know? Some more got sell weapons... Shiok ah! :wink::biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks for the info and the photos Yap.:smile:

Btw I wonder why Dr Chee himself did not address the crowd or did he?

Also if Darkcloud is reading this, looks like you have been telling porky pies about Ng E-Jay and his relationship with SDP. Looks like there is no fallout as alleged and distorted by you.:rolleyes:

And as for Buddhist Bob, how was SDP using the late JBJ's reputation when Kenneth not only turned out and spoke at the event but also penned a short thank you note to Dr Chee and SDP instead?:rolleyes::wink:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the photos Uncle Yap.

It tells us that there is at least some opposition unity. And that is encouraging.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Its great to have a weapon and a weapons master beside you as an ally. But also just as important as weapons and a weapons expert is that you need strategic awareness and tactical quickness. Hopefully we grow in all these areas as more people join the movement for change.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also if Darkcloud is reading this, looks like you have been telling porky pies about Ng E-Jay and his relationship with SDP. Looks like there is no fallout as alleged and distorted by you.:rolleyes:

And as for Buddhist Bob, how was SDP using the late JBJ's reputation when Kenneth not only turned out and spoke at the event but also penned a short thank you note to Dr Chee and SDP instead?:rolleyes::wink:

Both theories collapsed like a house of cards in a breeze last night.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr. Andrew Loh & one other.

Correction for Uncle Yap. Andrew has resigned from the WP. The reference to "one other" must be referring to me, as I didn't see any other WP member around. However, I was there in my personal capacity and I didn't take up the offer to make a speech. I'm just part of the audience. :wink:

A

Alu862

Even if they get democracy how effective can they be as country leaders? Have they shown any example in foreign, economic affairs? Health matters?