• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Oppie Low Admits That He Was Irresponsible! Getting Ready To Pay Back $33M To Aljunied Voters! Return Us Our Bloodsweat Money!

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
U see u see? Can see or not? Low admit they are irresponsible! Why u want to vote irresponsible people to run ur tow cowser? Why u make things difficult for urself onli? Vote them out! :mad:

WP is the only opposition party that sinkie can accept and voting for them can prevent sinkie from getting bully in their own country.

WP is an useful political weapon that sinkie can use against many adversaries :inlove:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Sir,

You forget one critical issue:
Member of parliaments are highest policy makers of a country. It is plain wrong - for whatever reasons - that they should be burdened with the management of the daily affairs of a country. It should be done under a government board for waste management, public cleanliness, etc irrespective of political party affiliations.

The MP of a constituency has rights to make complains to the relevant board if certain affairs in their ward are not done properly. The Workers Party should not engage in running an "enterprise" asking for tenders whatever.

Low Thia Khiang is not stupid, just caught by the system. But if Low Thia Khiang were to be elected as prime minister, the story would be all different. Even I could be prime minister as the PM needs only good technical support and advice. Liu Bang was famous for knowing how to choose people. Ronald Reagan was an actor. George W. Bush need only to say : "Attack Afghanistan, then Iraq then Syria...Libya". If I were the PM of South Korea, the first thing I do is contact Kim - just sign unconditional end of Korean war. No more snipers at borders...allow black market cross border dealings and when questioned at UN, just say: "I sincerely swear upon the Heaven above that no such things happen...we in Korea are all law abiding members of the world..." Who cares what others say! Just do!

Chan Rasjid.

low t k admissions all Red Herring.

that Fella is going to open the Pandora's Box.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Davinder Singh exposes Oppie Low as a liar!

wp-trial-day-1-low-thia-khiang.jpg

SINGAPORE: The 10th day of the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) trial opened with a series of sharp exchanges on Thursday (Oct 18), with Workers’ Party (WP) Member of Parliament (MP) Low Thia Khiang attempting to explain evidence he had given a day earlier to strong objection from lawyer Davinder Singh, who accused him of lying to the court and misleading the judge.

Mr Singh, who acts for Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council (PRPTC), stated at the outset of the morning’s proceedings that he was done with his cross-examination of Mr Low. At this, Mr Low cut in and asked the judge if he could clarify an answer he had given on Wednesday.

Mr Singh objected strongly, saying that this was “not permissible” as any clarification should have been done during the cross-examination itself, and not at this point before re-examination by the defence lawyer Chelva Retnam Rajah.

Mr Rajah in his client’s defence asked Justice Kannan Ramesh to allow Mr Low to clarify what he had earlier said, as "it is in my experience invariably allowed".

Mr Singh referred to the Evidence Act, saying that "none of what Mr Low seeks to do is permitted" under those rules.

"Your honour, my learned friend's point that if Mr Low had made this statement (to clarify) hours after the cross-examination had ended, that would be a different thing," Mr Singh said. "Whereas here, according to him, Mr Low spoke five seconds after I said my cross-examination is complete. It is not the time that matters, it is the principle."

The judge agreed. However, he eventually allowed Mr Low to explain his earlier evidence "briefly", as he said "it's only in my interests to see the full picture".

Mr Low then addressed a point which Mr Singh on Wednesday had grilled him on - the reason for the feelings of distrust and discomfort which Mr Low had with regard to allowing incumbent managing agent CPG Facilities Management to sit in on a meeting on Jul 21, 2011.

Mr Singh had asked Mr Low why an email trail appeared to show that he and his fellow elected MPs moved the meeting back so that CPG employees would not attend it.

Pressed by Mr Singh to explain why they decided to defer the meeting, Mr Low repeatedly said that he was “uncomfortable” having certain discussions with a CPG representative in attendance, and that there was a level of “distrust”. However, when asked by Mr Singh at least 26 times to explain why he felt that "distrust", Mr Low had no direct answer.

On Thursday, however, Mr Low told the court that he went home and thought about it and decided to explain. Otherwise he said it could “undermine” his and his fellow defendants’ case.

Mr Low, along with fellow MPs Sylvia Lim and Pritam Singh and AHTC councillors Kenneth Foo and Chua Zhi Hon are being sued by AHTC and PRPTC for alleged breaches of fiduciary duty relating to the appointment of its former managing agent FM Solutions and Services (FMSS).

This, along with “flawed governance” of the town council and “improper” payments of more than S$33 million made mostly to FMSS, are the subject of two lawsuits that also are aimed at FMSS employees How Weng Fan and Danny Loh, who also held positions at AHTC. They are themselves being sued as well.

MR LOW'S DISTRUST WAS OF CPG CEO, FORMER HDB STAFF

Interrupted by Mr Singh at several points, Mr Low told the court that his distrust pertained to Mr Seng Joo How, the chief executive of CPG.

READ: WP’s Low Thia Khiang concedes he did not do the 'responsible' thing to check on managing agent contract during AHTC trial
He explained that Mr Seng was one of "the key personnel who was managing Aljunied Town Council (ATC)". WP was to take over ATC after it won Aljunied GRC in the 2011 general election. It then merged ATC with Hougang Town Council (HTC), to form AHTC.

Mr Low claimed that his distrust of Mr Seng was based on his previous experience with him in 1991, when Mr Seng was "a public servant at the Housing Development Board (HDB)".

According to Mr Low, HDB allegedly "terminated" managing agent services provided to the town council and also terminated the tenancy agreement of the HTC office.

"I was certainly faced with that situation of no office, no one to manage HTC," said Mr Low. "At that point in time, when I was faced with that situation, I thought the only possible source of redress was to seek help from HDB, which has a town council secretariat. So I went to HDB and I asked them, and HDB (was) not prepared to build an office for me." Mr Singh then said that Mr Low was "going into the history" of what happened in 1991, when his question was about the circumstances in 2011.

"Please Mr Low, please mind your place," Mr Singh said.

The judge asked Mr Low to address directly what his discomfort was with CPG.

Mr Low agreed and answered: "Because of this experience I had with Mr Seng Joo How in 1991, being a public servant supposed to help but didn't seem to do so, I can't expect myself to feel comfortable sitting with him at the same table discussing matters important to the town council."

"The reason I was hesitant yesterday was ... because it went into personal matters. I think it may not be fair to (Mr Seng) as he was not here," Mr Low explained. "I thought if the plaintiff can call him here ... I think it will be easier, but my concern is that because it may affect Mr Seng, if the media may pick it up and spin it ... it may be injustice to him."

"But because of the inference Mr Singh made, I thought it may do injustice to us (the defendants), if I'm so concerned about the injustice to him (Mr Seng). I did not expect the cross-examination to end so fast," said Mr Low.

Taking his turn to question Mr Low on the evidence he had just given, Mr Singh said: "Mr Low, I suggest to you that you have made up this evidence."

"Not true," Mr Low replied.

"I suggest to you that overnight, and this morning, after reading the reports of yesterday's proceedings, you realised that you have to come up with some sort of a reason otherwise the public and the residents of AHTC would wonder why if there was nothing to hide, you didn't want to talk about FMSS and the letter of intent in the presence of CPG," said Mr Singh.

"This is not true. I have not read the -"

"That's my suggestion," Mr Singh cut in. "And you considered that it will not just be damaging to you legally but politically because you cannot answer why something that you claim is completely defensible was suppressed. Do you agree?"

"I disagree," Mr Low answered. "I have not read the press reports. Neither did I even read the transcript."

Mr Singh then brought Mr Low through the minutes of the first AHTC meeting on Jun 9, 2011.

He asked Mr Low if a town council meeting was held to discuss matters of importance to the town council and to the residents that may be confidential. Mr Low agreed to this.

He then asked Mr Low if the appointment of a secretary and deputy secretary of a town council was a very important appointment, to which Mr Low again agreed.

"You would not appoint someone a secretary unless you considered him to be good, reliable and trustworthy?" Mr Singh asked.

"Yes," Mr Low replied.

"Likewise for deputy secretaries?"

"Yes."

Mr Singh then referred to minutes that showed that the town council approved the appointment of Jeffrey Chua as secretary and Seng Joo How as deputy secretary.

"As of June 2011, you considered Mr Seng Joo How to be good, reliable and trustworthy, correct?" Mr Singh asked.

"Not me," Mr Low replied.

"Was this decision to appoint Mr Jeffrey Chua and Mr Seng Joo How not a unanimous decision?" Mr Singh questioned.

"It is," Mr Low answered.

"You already told us that the appointment of a deputy secretary is (for) one whom you would consider is good, reliable and would trust," said Mr Singh. "Now, if you voted to appoint Mr Seng Joo How deputy secretary on Jun 9, 2011, would you agree with me that it follows from your own answer that you considered him good, reliable and trustworthy? Yes or no?"

"I did not share-" Mr Low began, but was cut off by Mr Singh. After a long back-and-forth where Mr Low did not answer yes or no, and instead said he did not object to the appointment of Mr Seng as deputy secretary, Mr Singh rephrased his question, saying he would continue until he got his answer.

"Having regard to your own belief that you act responsibly and honestly, having regard to your own belief that you had to appoint the best man to the job, having regard to your own belief that the deputy secretary had to be good, reliable and trustworthy, you were a member of the town council, all of whom appointed Mr Seng Joo How as deputy secretary, correct?" Mr Singh asked.

"Yes," Mr Low answered.

"So Mr Low," Mr Singh continued, "The evidence that you dreamt up last night is not just false, but you came to this court this morning ready and determined to lie and to mislead His Honour."

"That's not true, Mr Singh," Mr Low said.

"I have no further questions," Mr Singh said to the judge.

Lead lawyer for AHTC, David Chan, said he had no questions for Mr Low, and defence lawyer Chelva Retnam Rajah began his re-examination of Mr Low.

The trial continues. Ms Sylvia Lim is expected to take the witness stand later on Thursday.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-reason-for-distrust-of-cpg-davinder-10839566

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low must have forgotten the time-honored way to buy himself some time whenever he finds the Bayi's or any bayi's attack too much to bear.

*chope!!"

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Transparency,accountability,liability and good corporate governance apply only to opposition and do not apply to miw .
If the accounts of Temasick and GIC are open for audit,a pandora's box will expose many wrondoings of the miw.

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Low has every right to distrust the CPG people. Who would trust a managing agent appointed by your political opponents to run your daily operations and do the finances for you ?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is the only opposition party that sinkie can accept and voting for them can prevent sinkie from getting bully in their own country.

WP is an useful political weapon that sinkie can use against many adversaries :inlove:

Oppies are useful political tools for WP to get into parliament. Once in power, you discover your CPF coffin money become no more! :eek: You vote for him or not? Low Thia Kiang! Low Thia Kiang! Low Thia Liang! Sylvia Lim Sylvia Lim Sylvia Lim! Pritam Singh Pritam Singh Pritam Singh!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Please Mr Low, please mind your place," Mr Singh said.

PAPpy dog takes a cheap shot. I would tell this PAPpy dog that it is not his place to tell him what to do. It is NOT his court.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So Mr Low," Mr Singh continued, "The evidence that you dreamt up last night is not just false, but you came to this court this morning ready and determined to lie and to mislead His Honour."

Low's lawyer should have objected to this. And Low should have told off the bayi dog that he didn't come to court to be subjected to more unfounded smear. Why WP allows themselves to be mauled without fighting back?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you read the Shitty Times to follow the lawsuit, you are subjected to the PAP slant. You need to read between the lines to find the truth.

If you have a not pro-PAP reporter, you can see more things in the report in one liners scattered all over. The general slant still has to be pro-government.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
So Mr Low," Mr Singh continued, "The evidence that you dreamt up last night is not just false, but you came to this court this morning ready and determined to lie and to mislead His Honour."

Low's lawyer should have objected to this. And Low should have told off the bayi dog that he didn't come to court to be subjected to more unfounded smear. Why WP allows themselves to be mauled without fighting back?
Precisely! Was Bayi sleeping with Low "last night" ? Otherwise how did he know it was a dream ? The use of the term "dream" is jumping the gun and prejudicial. Bayi has to prove that it's a dream, and what exactly happened in the dream.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sylvia Lim also exposed by Bayi as a liar!!

the-workers--party-s-low-thia-khiang-and-sylvia-lim-arriving-at-the-supreme-court-on-oct-16--2-.jpg

SINGAPORE: Former chairman of the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) Sylvia Lim "misled everyone", and lied that the town council had to upscale its own computer system because an IT firm terminated the system in use at the time in 2011, Senior Counsel Davinder Singh charged on Thursday (Oct 18).

Mr Singh, the lawyer representing the Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council in a civil lawsuit against Workers’ Party MPs Ms Lim, Mr Pritam Singh and Mr Low Thia Khiang over flawed governance of AHTC, said that Ms Lim led everyone to believe that the upscaling of the system came as a result of IT firm Action Information Management (AIM) withdrawing its Town Council Management System (TCMS) in 2011.

AIM gave its notice of termination on June 22, 2011, the High Court heard on Thursday. However, preparations for the upscaling of Hougang Town Council’s existing software to suit the larger constituencies of Aljunied and Hougang combined started well before, he said.

At the heart of the defence presented by Ms Lim and her fellow defendants is that the actions taken by them - setting up managing agent FMSS and upscaling the computer system - were in the best interests of the residents, as the town council was purportedly left without a managing agent, and without a computer system to work with after WP won Aljunied GRC in the 2011 General Election.

But Mr Singh pointed to email evidence and letters that showed that the town council had moved towards upscaling its computer system before AIM terminated it.

One such letter was dated May 13, 2011, from Ms How Weng Fan, the secretary of Hougang Town Council, on bringing in a computer vendor.

Mr Singh said: “In other words, before the 13th of May when this letter was sent out, it had already been decided that the Hougang Town Council computer vendor would be asked to upscale the computer system, right?”

“It could have been on the 13th itself, but I agree that it would have to happen before the letter went out,” Ms Lim replied.

She said that she and her colleagues were worried that AIM would terminate its contract, based on their past experience.

But Mr Singh retorted that the concerns were not expressed in any emails. He also pointed out that AIM had extended its services to AHTC to Aug 31, 2011, when the town council requested it, after its original termination date of Aug 1.

MS LIM “MISLED EVERYONE”: MR SINGH

Mr Singh also accused Ms Lim of lying in her affidavit, in which she said that Mr Jeffrey Chua, who was CPG's managing director and general manager of Aljunied Town Council, informed the WP chairman and Ms How in early June 2011 that AIM would withdraw the TCMS.

"My sense was that Jeffrey gave us this 'heads up' so that we could make the necessary preparations," Ms Lim wrote in her affidavit. "In the circumstances, AHTC started urgent preparations for the withdrawal of the TCMS by upscaling the Hougang SMC computer software."

Mr Singh said: "It's a false impression, isn't it? Suggesting that you started the upscaling after Jeffrey had told you that AIM was going to withdraw? Yes or no? In saying that AHTC started urgent preparations for the withdrawal of the TCMS by upscaling the software after Jeffrey had given Ms How the heads up, is not true."

Ms Lim denied the charge, saying that some preparatory work would have started in anticipation of the withdrawal of the TCMS.

Mr Singh also turned to an extract of a speech Ms Lim gave in Parliament in February 2015. Ms Lim was responding to then-minister for national development Khaw Boon Wan, who raised the Auditor-General's report on the audit of Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC). The report had found that there were "deficiencies" in AHPETC's financial and accounting systems, among other things.

In her response in Parliament, Ms Lim said: "For the first contract in 2011 for managing agent services, it was triggered as the incumbent managing agent, CPG Facilities Management, asked to be released from the contract with the town council for business reasons. There was an urgent need to put in place a computer system due to the termination of the former system in use."

Addressing Ms Lim, Mr Singh said: "You see the words 'due to'? Ms Lim. In your defence you gave the impression that it was because AIM had terminated that AHTC had to upscale its computer system.

"In Parliament, you gave that very same impression. To your own town council members, both in the report and what was discussed, you continued to give that impression as well.

“In all the instances I have shown you, you led the town councillors, the court, Parliament, and the public, to believe that it was because AIM had terminated that AHTC had no choice but to upscale. And therefore was put in a difficult position as far as its collections were concerned. Correct?”

Ms Lim agreed.

“And as we know, from the documents, that was a false impression,” Mr Singh continued. “That was knowingly and deliberately perpetuated by you because you knew the facts.”

“I disagree,” Ms Lim said.

Mr Singh charged that she had “misled everyone. You gave them the false impression, including in Parliament in this passage I’ve read, that AIM terminated, and therefore we had to upscale. You lied”.

“I disagree,” Ms Lim replied.

The trial resumes on Friday with Ms Lim returning to the stand.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...er-singh-accuses-sylvia-lim-of-lying-10840890

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the-workers--party-s-low-thia-khiang-and-sylvia-lim-arriving-at-the-supreme-court-on-oct-16--2-.jpg

SINGAPORE: Former chairman of the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) Sylvia Lim "misled everyone", and lied that the town council had to upscale its own computer system because an IT firm terminated the system in use at the time in 2011, Senior Counsel Davinder Singh charged on Thursday (Oct 18).

Mr Singh, the lawyer representing the Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council in a civil lawsuit against Workers’ Party MPs Ms Lim, Mr Pritam Singh and Mr Low Thia Khiang over flawed governance of AHTC, said that Ms Lim led everyone to believe that the upscaling of the system came as a result of IT firm Action Information Management (AIM) withdrawing its Town Council Management System (TCMS) in 2011.

AIM gave its notice of termination on June 22, 2011, the High Court heard on Thursday. However, preparations for the upscaling of Hougang Town Council’s existing software to suit the larger constituencies of Aljunied and Hougang combined started well before, he said.

At the heart of the defence presented by Ms Lim and her fellow defendants is that the actions taken by them - setting up managing agent FMSS and upscaling the computer system - were in the best interests of the residents, as the town council was purportedly left without a managing agent, and without a computer system to work with after WP won Aljunied GRC in the 2011 General Election.

But Mr Singh pointed to email evidence and letters that showed that the town council had moved towards upscaling its computer system before AIM terminated it.

One such letter was dated May 13, 2011, from Ms How Weng Fan, the secretary of Hougang Town Council, on bringing in a computer vendor.

Mr Singh said: “In other words, before the 13th of May when this letter was sent out, it had already been decided that the Hougang Town Council computer vendor would be asked to upscale the computer system, right?”

“It could have been on the 13th itself, but I agree that it would have to happen before the letter went out,” Ms Lim replied.

She said that she and her colleagues were worried that AIM would terminate its contract, based on their past experience.

But Mr Singh retorted that the concerns were not expressed in any emails. He also pointed out that AIM had extended its services to AHTC to Aug 31, 2011, when the town council requested it, after its original termination date of Aug 1.

Mr Singh also accused Ms Lim of lying in her affidavit, in which she said that Mr Jeffrey Chua, who was CPG's managing director and general manager of Aljunied Town Council, informed the WP chairman and Ms How in early June 2011 that AIM would withdraw the TCMS.

"My sense was that Jeffrey gave us this 'heads up' so that we could make the necessary preparations," Ms Lim wrote in her affidavit. "In the circumstances, AHTC started urgent preparations for the withdrawal of the TCMS by upscaling the Hougang SMC computer software."

Mr Singh said: "It's a false impression, isn't it? Suggesting that you started the upscaling after Jeffrey had told you that AIM was going to withdraw? Yes or no? In saying that AHTC started urgent preparations for the withdrawal of the TCMS by upscaling the software after Jeffrey had given Ms How the heads up, is not true."

Ms Lim denied the charge, saying that some preparatory work would have started in anticipation of the withdrawal of the TCMS.

Mr Singh also turned to an extract of a speech Ms Lim gave in Parliament in February 2015. Ms Lim was responding to then-minister for national development Khaw Boon Wan, who raised the Auditor-General's report on the audit of Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC). The report had found that there were "deficiencies" in AHPETC's financial and accounting systems, among other things.

In her response in Parliament, Ms Lim said: "For the first contract in 2011 for managing agent services, it was triggered as the incumbent managing agent, CPG Facilities Management, asked to be released from the contract with the town council for business reasons. There was an urgent need to put in place a computer system due to the termination of the former system in use."

Addressing Ms Lim, Mr Singh said: "You see the words 'due to'? Ms Lim. In your defence you gave the impression that it was because AIM had terminated that AHTC had to upscale its computer system.

"In Parliament, you gave that very same impression. To your own town council members, both in the report and what was discussed, you continued to give that impression as well.

“In all the instances I have shown you, you led the town councillors, the court, Parliament, and the public, to believe that it was because AIM had terminated that AHTC had no choice but to upscale. And therefore was put in a difficult position as far as its collections were concerned. Correct?”

Ms Lim agreed.

“And as we know, from the documents, that was a false impression,” Mr Singh continued. “That was knowingly and deliberately perpetuated by you because you knew the facts.”

Mr Singh charged that she had “misled everyone. You gave them the false impression, including in Parliament in this passage I’ve read, that AIM terminated, and therefore we had to upscale. You lied”.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...er-singh-accuses-sylvia-lim-of-lying-10840890

The judge is sleeping ...allowing the bayi dog to smear the defendants with baseless allegations so that the Shitty Times can use it to tarnish the reputation of the WP MPs.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ms Lim agreed.

Silvia lim is a lawyer n she is supposed to be the WP chief debater. If she can't stand up to the Bayi...than pointless to have Aljunied as an oppo ward. Might as well go back to pap. Many have commented on pap unfairness in this trial but low n gang have not even put up a fight n just letting the bayi bark n bark. It just shows WP as incompetent n incapable.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
U see u see? Can see or not? Low admit they are irresponsible! Why u want to vote irresponsible people to run ur tow cowser? Why u make things difficult for urself onli? Vote them out! :mad:

Mr Low is very honest & responsible. There is no real necessity to read the contract between the CPG & the previous losing TC management in 2011. Since CPG is unwillingly to carry on .. its make sense to appoint a new managing agent.

Remember it is the Aljunied residents who voted for a change ....:thumbsup:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low and Sylvia keeping up appearances by smiling outside court.

But based on the excerpts of the court exchanges, he was getting rammed HARD by the superstar attorney Singh.