• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Opium and China Military threads

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I paid full price for my iPhone without a subsidy from one of the telcos. Most Sporeans get their iPhones with a 2 year contract.
So they are not paying full price but subsidised price.

I find that if one has an iPhone you really need a contract because it can use a lot of data. I am using a prepay card & in 1 day it ca use $50 of data.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN why would people pay a few hundreds more for capacity upto 512gb KNN what they install and that is going to degrade the phone greatly if more capacity is used KNN means paying more to have slower phone KNN
Don’t disagree. Unless that extra memory’s really needed for all intents and purposes
-there are trade offs

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe time to buy Note 9 instead. Apple is really screwing with consumers.

Seriously, u need a fucking HDR screen on a small 6 inch screen? No 4k TV at home?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Guess u only use the phone for sms n make calls...a 90 buck dumb phone will serve u better

I use it for a lot more than that, Flipboard, Zwift, Telegram, Banking, Apple Maps, Siri, Youtube App, Dropbox, iVMS (security cam monitoring), Snapseed, CaptureOne and many more.

The iPhone SE can handle all of that without any issues so why on earth would I want to spend an extra thousand bucks for a phone that is no better except for the camera.

Since I never use my phone for photography anyway I don't need a fancy camera on my phone. I already own 5 fancy real cameras.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don’t forget you can’t stick to old phones for long as with each year 3gpp improves air interface features on the 4g lte protocol stack. before going to 5g you should get some pre-5g performance feature enhancements on cat 6.9 chipsets. for example, lte used to be on single and independent rf carriers but now can carrier aggregate and offer better forward error correction and interference mitigation algorithms. moreover, old frequencies are refarmed from 2g and 3g and repurposed for 4g, thus those old phones that run only 2g and 3g chipsets may be made obsolete and cannot run on all bands anymore. by then you’ll be left high and dry as they keep warning you about turning in your very old phones for new ones. for me i’m looking forward to 6.9 by 6.9 mimo tx and rx features which will offer me streaming video services while on the move. 4g lte will reach 64x64 mimo (although i prefer 69x69) while 5g will offer 256x256 mimo on the get go.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why so costly ? what expensive parts in it or Apple just wants to sell it at high price ? should sell it at $1888 or $1999 to be auspicious.

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
mFXBQf2.png

https://tinyurI.com/y8xwxenu