• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Opium and China Military threads

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dey, I did not call anyone an asshole. I likened opinions to assholes. So don't be daft, you leftist libtard. :biggrin:

Yes, in most cases the US may not have had the chance to win a war on it's own (no one dares to engage them directly), but we can agree that their intervention played a decisive role in attaining victory. Below is my list of US military victories. Of course you will rebutt, which leads me again to : Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

Wins: Philippine-American War, Boxer Rebellion, WW1, WW2, Gulf War, and the Iraq War
Loss: Vietnam
Tie: Korea

their intervention played a decisive role in attaining victory?whats that?political speak?lol

please remove wwii from the list,thats a grave insult to everyone who died in wwii and human history,we all know the victory of wwii overwhelmingly belongs to the soviets and soviets alone.......anyone who is a student of history and wwii and possess a rudimentary understanding of wwii history would even suggest such a joke.....USA won wiii lmao......i highly suggest u begin ur education on youtube and watch as many videos on the history of wwii and explanations and especially the analysis of the battles and operations of the european theatre.......especially from the germany/hitler point of view,the bulk of the action took place on the eastern front.

USA is a joke,the fact that japan took on US rather than invading the soviets speaks volumes.

ChemWarHead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yankee have 7200 warheads

Cina have 260 warheads

Enough said.

Chinese will never let you have any realistic figure of their war heads. They did not even sign any arms cut treaty with anyone. Their declared warhead figures even Putin don't believe. Russian media says PLA got more than 10K war heads. Putin declare the most number of warheads in the world, and yet, I still think his figure is under-declaration.

PLA navy got dozen of nuke sub firing JL-SLBMs each can carry 12 SLBMs (type 094) or 16~24 SLMBs (type 096) each SLBM & each SLBM carries 1~3 warheads. That is Navy alone. Air Force & Army & Rocket Army not counted. 270 warheads not even enough to arm the PLA nuke subs alone! So you figure!

Just look at their Rocket Army Missile Truck alone @ Tian An Men & Zhu Ri He parades, how many ICBM trucks they got?

Are you telling me that 20 trucks shares one single warhead?

DF-41 ICBM can carry 10 nuke warheads. DF-5 also 10 warheads. DF-31 is 3 warheads. Then DF-26 is 3 warhead (but not always nuke), DF-21 is max 6 nuke warheads 9(but not always nuke). Rocket Army got hundreds of these DF launching trucks, which needs thousands or warheads. So you figure their total warhead count is 270? And their ICBMs loaded with Ang Pao inside for CNY 恭喜发财?

DF-41 alone have varians on silo underground, on bullet train tracks, on 100 ton TEL trucks, and sub-launch version renamed to JL-3, just this DF-41 family alone, 1000 warheads are insufficient to arm. You figure PLA make missiles to launc Ang Pao or X'mas gifts on behalf of Santa Clause?

Chinese are the most advanced in the world with nuke now. They got 4th Gen Warheads, Americans are far from that. Chinese are working on Anti-matter Warheads which are 6th Gen, and far leading Americans by this technology.

My view is PLA got thousands of tactical (smaller like 100KT below) warheads, for whacking e.g. Nuke Subs, carriers, Nuke Bases, Air bases, Deep Ground Command Holes. Then at least 500 Strategic Warheads. These are to nuke away major cities and capitols, or to cause Tsunami by nuking Ocean Coast-Lines.

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.rt.com/business/423508-china-project-forces-rainfall/

China to make it rain over area 3 times the size of Spain
Published time: 8 Apr, 2018 08:19 Edited time: 8 Apr, 2018 16:59
Get short URL
5ac789cffc7e93bb758b45b0.jpg

© Rick Stevens / Reuters

Since 2013 China has been creating 55 billion tons of artificial rain a year. The country is now embarking on its biggest rainmaking project ever.
In terms of the plan, announced this month, Chinese authorities intend to force rainfall and snow over 1.6 million sq km (620,000 sq miles), an area roughly three times the size of Spain.
According to media reports, the government will use new military weather-altering technology developed by the state-owned China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation. The country plans to build tens of thousands of combustion chambers on Tibetan mountainsides. The chambers will burn a solid fuel, which will result in a spray of silver iodide billowing towards the sky.

“More than 500 burners have been deployed on alpine slopes in Tibet, Xinjiang and other areas for experimental use. The data we have collected show very promising results,” an unnamed researcher told the Morning Post. “Sometimes snow would start falling almost immediately after we ignited the chamber. It was like standing on the stage of a magic show,” he said.
The Tibetan plateau is vital to the water supply for much of China and a large area of Asia. Its glaciers and reservoirs feed the Yellow, Yangtze, Mekong, and other major rivers that flow through China, India, Nepal, and other countries.
Sprayed from planes, the particles will provide something for passing water vapor to condense around, forming clouds. Those clouds will bring the rain. A single cloud-seeding chamber could create a strip of clouds covering a 5km area.

Traditionally, the rainmaking process or “cloud-seeding” means rocket-launching chemicals into clouds which accelerate the creation of ice crystals that eventually become rain. China also uses military aircraft for those purposes. Rainmaking is also a popular way to “clean up” air in China, where heavy smog is a big problem for many cities.
The practice of weather modification has become more frequent across the country in recent years, including for major public events. In 2008, China launched over 1,100 rockets containing silver iodide into Beijing's skies before the Olympics opening ceremony to disperse clouds and keep the Olympics rain-free. Beijing has a “development plan” for weather modification until 2020.
For more stories on economy & finance visit RT's business section
Soon the ah tiongs soo power they can sing about the rain in Spain ..

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
their intervention played a decisive role in attaining victory?whats that?political speak?lol

please remove wwii from the list,thats a grave insult to everyone who died in wwii and human history,we all know the victory of wwii overwhelmingly belongs to the soviets and soviets alone.......anyone who is a student of history and wwii and possess a rudimentary understanding of wwii history would even suggest such a joke.....USA won wiii lmao......i highly suggest u begin ur education on youtube and watch as many videos on the history of wwii and explanations and especially the analysis of the battles and operations of the european theatre.......especially from the germany/hitler point of view,the bulk of the action took place on the eastern front.

USA is a joke,the fact that japan took on US rather than invading the soviets speaks volumes.
Nooooooo, I won't remove WW2 from my list. Didn't I said (and for the third time at that!) opinions are like assholes, everybody has one? And this is my educated opinion. You can take your view point from the Japs and the Nazis for all I care (they were the aggressors that ended losing), it only shows how messed up and deviant your puny head is. I haven't met an Indian Nazi, perhaps you are the first?:biggrin:

Tony Tan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think China got only 200 nukes or so?

You do the maths.

12 numbers of DF41s with 10 mirv nukes each = ?? nukes?

and other DFs = ?? nukes?

6 of Type 96 SSBN with 24 JL-3s with 3 mirv = ?? nukes?

And what about on China bomber planes on standoff missiles and other smaller SSBNs = ?? nukes?

More likely than not, it is only China with thermonuclear weapons.
China H nukes are done in the Yu-Min configurations and very stable requiring little maintenance.

USA, and Russia H nukes are in the Teller Ulam configuration. Requiring massive maintenance . Which meant at best 30% of USA H nukes are immediately fireable.

Actually got more than these.

There are tactical nukes for DF-16 IRBM to Piak Japan & Okinawa US bases, and Kim Chi land, even Taiwan if US forces landed in Taiwan.

There are DF-10A etc variants of Cruise Missiles launching from H-6K H-6G H6U etc strategic bombers, few are always loaded on 24Hr stand by.

There are Nuke Torpedoes with tactical nuke warheads to Piak the Ohio Class nuke subs - because these subs carries hundreds of nukes, and also to Piak the Aircraft Carriers - nukes are the only sure way to sink them, in case if DF ICBMs some how got defeated or intercepted.

All the figures for each countries total number of warhead are only publicity profile figures. Sweden for example declared that they scraped their nukes, but they sufficient stored weapon grade plutonium ready to be assembled into warheads within hours, can instantly become more than 100MT of warheads. China Russia & USA surely got tons of stockpile for weapon grade nuke fuel. As long as my fuel are not assembled they are not considered as warheads, so all the rest are spare parts in the storage. In actual facts, they are quick assembly warhead kits, and technicians are trained regularly to quick assemble them, or robots maintained and tuned to assemble them in a fastest nuke warhead assembly line, I hit the start button, I got hundreds of warheads within an hour. So what?

csjcsjcsj

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Ah Neh can not resist to buy Chinese MRT = Mumbai Metro, see what happened when PAP paid for the Japanese (all fraud) for SMRT?

See? No more 1000 Ah Nehs on the roof of train?

http://www.xinhuanet.com/photo/2018-07/03/c_1123069141.htm

在孟买体验中国地铁列车
2018年07月03日 07:31:51 | 来源: 新华网

1123069141_15305742515131n.jpg

6月27日,在印度孟买,中印双方工作人员在孟买地铁一号线车辆段工作。
印度孟买地铁一号线于2014年6月8日正式运行。该地铁线路车辆由中车南京浦镇车辆有限公司制造,每天客运量约为40万人次。列车设计宽敞明亮,运行平稳舒适,还设有女性专用车厢,以满足她们安全出行的需求。全部车辆运行4年来,没有发生一起救援故障。新华社记者张迺杰 摄

1 2 3 4 5 6 下一页

在孟买体验中国地铁列车

1123069141_15305742515561n.jpg

6月27日,在印度孟买,一名印度工作人员在车库例行查验列车。新华社记者张迺杰 摄

在孟买体验中国地铁列车

1123069141_15305742515861n.jpg

6月27日,在印度孟买,乘客乘坐地铁一号线列车。新华社记者张迺杰 摄

在孟买体验中国地铁列车

1123069141_15305742516181n.jpg

6月27日,在印度孟买,女性乘客等待乘坐地铁一号线列车。新华社记者张迺杰 摄

在孟买体验中国地铁列车

1123069141_15305742516581n.jpg

这是6月27日在印度孟买拍摄的地铁一号线女性专用车厢。新华社记者张迺杰 摄

在孟买体验中国地铁列车

1123069141_15305742517031n.jpg

6月27日,在印度孟买,一名印度工作人员在车库例行查验列车。新华社记者张迺杰 摄

Http://www.xinhuanet.com/photo/2018-07/03/c_1123069141.htm

Experience Chinese subway trains in Mumbai
July 03, 2018 07:31:51 | Source: Xinhuanet

(International) (1) Experience Chinese subway trains in Mumbai

On June 27, in Mumbai, India, Chinese and Indian staff worked in the section of Mumbai Metro Line 1.

India's Mumbai Metro Line 1 officially opened on June 8, 2014. The subway line vehicle is manufactured by CRRC Nanjing Puzhen Vehicle Co., Ltd., and the daily passenger traffic is about 400,000 passengers. The trains are spacious and bright, running smoothly and comfortably, and there are also women-only compartments to meet their safe travel needs. All vehicles have been in operation for 4 years and there has not been a rescue failure. Xinhua News Agency reporter Zhang Yujie

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Page

(International) (6) Experience Chinese subway trains in Mumbai

On June 27, in Mumbai, India, an Indian staff member routinely checked the train in the garage. Xinhua News Agency reporter Zhang Yujie

(International) (2) Experience Chinese subway trains in Mumbai

On June 27th, in Mumbai, India, passengers took the subway line 1 train. Xinhua News Agency reporter Zhang Yujie

(International) (4) Experience Chinese subway trains in Mumbai

On June 27th, in Mumbai, India, female passengers waited for the subway line 1 train. Xinhua News Agency reporter Zhang Yujie

(International) (3) Experience Chinese subway trains in Mumbai

This is the female-only compartment of the Metro Line 1 filmed in Mumbai, India on June 27. Xinhua News Agency reporter Zhang Yujie

(International) (5) Experience Chinese subway trains in Mumbai

On June 27, in Mumbai, India, an Indian staff member routinely checked the train in the garage. Xinhua News Agency reporter Zhang Yujie

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nooooooo, I won't remove WW2 from my list. Didn't I said (and for the third time at that!) opinions are like assholes, everybody has one? And this is my educated opinion. You can take your view point from the Japs and the Nazis for all I care (they were the aggressors that ended losing), it only shows how messed up and deviant your puny head is. I haven't met an Indian Nazi, perhaps you are the first?:biggrin:

I meant the German point of view of the strategic battlefield and the war and their feelings and thoughts as they went up against the soviets and things started to unravel and how they tried to cope and deal with it.what pushed the germans to attacked their one time ally,i mean the Germans didn't attack the Russians for no reason,the germans were growing increasingly desperate and hitler was aware of the pressure,they were racing aginst the clock and time was against them,the germans only had 2 months supply of oil left in a full blown engagement before the entire Nazi war machine ground to a halt,already they were trying to ration their oil and half their motorized divisions were out of commission because they couldn't afford to spare the petrol so it was just infantry divisions without mechanical support,ironically the Nazis could produce all the tanks and equipment they needed but had no means to power them.at that time only a few countries were major oil producers,one of germany allies could but it was barely enough to meet 10 percent of their requirements,they had to take the russian oilfields in the caucasus...stalin was aware of germany's weaknesses as their ally kept pressing them and insisting they increase the shipments of oil over the past two years.... the differences in opinion shared between Hitler and his generals in the approach to the Eastern theatre,ironically Hitler was right and his generals were wrong but they all tried to pin the blame on him after the man is dead as always....hitler understood the economics of war and the urgency of the situation and wanted to secure the objectives to the east first which were the oilfields,however his generals wanted to attack straight up to moscow,so they undermined him and moved a large number of troops to the center.how the soviets and stalin reacted to this invasion initially as though in a daze or stupor from a state of shock,for a month he did nothing,he simply couldnt believe it,there was mixed messages thru and from the frontline as the soviets did not know whether to hold fire or engage the enemy although some realised what was happening and leapt right into it,the germans were surprised at the soviets reaction as well,many soviets died,although stalin had his suspicions and had begun to muster up huge numbers of troops in the two years leading up to the invasion although tank production wasnt up to speed yet and soviets hadnt finish mustering the mechanized divisions but this quickly changed.the bulk of the fighting in the war was fought between the nazis and the soviets in the eastern front,where the bloodiest confrontations took place,where the casualties(not counting civilians) were the deepest and the biggest,and the most important strategic victories were achieved,thats why only the german and russian point of view mattered,the rest were small fry or just watching from the benches,USA is the worst,didnt even wake her shyt up until late 1944 when the shows was already over and even hitler knew the writings on the war and nothing could have been done and was past any begging enemies or allies and the tide had truly turned......as for japan.....as i said,completely redundant,possesing merely one tenth of the firepower and technology,she was no match for any of the european powers,nothing but a pest,was merely a matter of time before russia or the brits cleaned up once business was conducted in the west.thats why usa was in such a hurry to drop the nuke......learn to stop worrying and love the bomb.

There are opinions and there are facts,u can insist on calling them whichever u like(for the 3rd time now) but it won't change a thing.i can see u have no interest in arguing neither the facts nor actual history nor factoid nor gospel nor truth nor half truth nor naked nor verifiable truth nor palpable truth nor nothing but the truth from the beginning so I will cease and desist.perhaps ginfreely is more suitable candidate to carry on such soxiante neuf coitus

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I meant the German point of view of the strategic battlefield and the war and their feelings and thoughts as they went up against the soviets and things started to unravel and how they tried to cope and deal with it.what pushed the germans to attacked their one time ally,i mean the Germans didn't attack the Russians for no reason,the germans were growing increasingly desperate and hitler was aware of the pressure,they were racing aginst the clock and time was against them,the germans only had 2 months supply of oil left in a full blown engagement before the entire Nazi war machine ground to a halt,already they were trying to ration their oil and half their motorized divisions were out of commission because they couldn't afford to spare the petrol so it was just infantry divisions without mechanical support,ironically the Nazis could produce all the tanks and equipment they needed but had no means to power them.at that time only a few countries were major oil producers,one of germany allies could but it was barely enough to meet 10 percent of their requirements,they had to take the russian oilfields in the caucasus...stalin was aware of germany's weaknesses as their ally kept pressing them and insisting they increase the shipments of oil over the past two years.... the differences in opinion shared between Hitler and his generals in the approach to the Eastern theatre,ironically Hitler was right and his generals were wrong but they all tried to pin the blame on him after the man is dead as always....hitler understood the economics of war and the urgency of the situation and wanted to secure the objectives to the east first which were the oilfields,however his generals wanted to attack straight up to moscow,so they undermined him and moved a large number of troops to the center.how the soviets and stalin reacted to this invasion initially as though in a daze or stupor from a state of shock,for a month he did nothing,he simply couldnt believe it,there was mixed messages thru and from the frontline as the soviets did not know whether to hold fire or engage the enemy although some realised what was happening and leapt right into it,the germans were surprised at the soviets reaction as well,many soviets died,although stalin had his suspicions and had begun to muster up huge numbers of troops in the two years leading up to the invasion although tank production wasnt up to speed yet and soviets hadnt finish mustering the mechanized divisions but this quickly changed.the bulk of the fighting in the war was fought between the nazis and the soviets in the eastern front,where the bloodiest confrontations took place,where the casualties(not counting civilians) were the deepest and the biggest,and the most important strategic victories were achieved,thats why only the german and russian point of view mattered,the rest were small fry or just watching from the benches,USA is the worst,didnt even wake her shyt up until late 1944 when the shows was already over and even hitler knew the writings on the war and nothing could have been done and was past any begging enemies or allies and the tide had truly turned......as for japan.....as i said,completely redundant,possesing merely one tenth of the firepower and technology,she was no match for any of the european powers,nothing but a pest,was merely a matter of time before russia or the brits cleaned up once business was conducted in the west.thats why usa was in such a hurry to drop the nuke......learn to stop worrying and love the bomb.

There are opinions and there are facts,u can insist on calling them whichever u like(for the 3rd time now) but it won't change a thing.i can see u have no interest in arguing neither the facts nor actual history nor factoid nor gospel nor truth nor half truth nor naked nor verifiable truth nor palpable truth nor nothing but the truth from the beginning so I will cease and desist.perhaps ginfreely is more suitable candidate to carry on such soxiante neuf coitus
My gawd, are we still at it? Look, we can argue until we turn blue. You are obviously obsessed with the tactical and strategic "prowess" of Hitler and the nazis.

Yes, yes the eastern front and the soviets. The Soviets only entered the war after it was double-crossed by that fucker Hitler. They were supposed to be Hitler's ally and they were to form the axis power. All this happened before the US entered the war. Once the US entered the war after the Pearl Harbour attack, the axis power (Germany, Italy, Japan) were doomed. Remember that the US was the only major power that did not start fighting until it was directly attacked (much like the way I was attacked by that cunt @ginfreely). And it fought brilliantly.

Yes, the US did not win WW2 alone. But without them, the war against the axis powers would have been lost. My opinion, which is also a fact acknowledged by many. This is why WW2 will stay on my list of US military victories.

oneMdeeBee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually got more than these.

There are tactical nukes for DF-16 IRBM to Piak Japan & Okinawa US bases, and Kim Chi land, even Taiwan if US forces landed in Taiwan.

There are DF-10A etc variants of Cruise Missiles launching from H-6K H-6G H6U etc strategic bombers, few are always loaded on 24Hr stand by.

There are Nuke Torpedoes with tactical nuke warheads to Piak the Ohio Class nuke subs - because these subs carries hundreds of nukes, and also to Piak the Aircraft Carriers - nukes are the only sure way to sink them, in case if DF ICBMs some how got defeated or intercepted.

All the figures for each countries total number of warhead are only publicity profile figures. Sweden for example declared that they scraped their nukes, but they sufficient stored weapon grade plutonium ready to be assembled into warheads within hours, can instantly become more than 100MT of warheads. China Russia & USA surely got tons of stockpile for weapon grade nuke fuel. As long as my fuel are not assembled they are not considered as warheads, so all the rest are spare parts in the storage. In actual facts, they are quick assembly warhead kits, and technicians are trained regularly to quick assemble them, or robots maintained and tuned to assemble them in a fastest nuke warhead assembly line, I hit the start button, I got hundreds of warheads within an hour. So what?

Nah!

I count only H nukes of at least 150 kton and not kuching kurad tactical nukes of 15kton or so.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My gawd, are we still at it? Look, we can argue until we turn blue. You are obviously obsessed with the tactical and strategic "prowess" of Hitler and the nazis.

Yes, yes the eastern front and the soviets. The Soviets only entered the war after it was double-crossed by that fucker Hitler. They were supposed to be Hitler's ally and they were to form the axis power. All this happened before the US entered the war. Once the US entered the war after the Pearl Harbour attack, the axis power (Germany, Italy, Japan) were doomed. Remember that the US was the only major power that did not start fighting until it was directly attacked (much like the way I was attacked by that cunt @ginfreely). And it fought brilliantly.

Yes, the US did not win WW2 alone. But without them, the war against the axis powers would have been lost. My opinion, which is also a fact acknowledged by many. This is why WW2 will stay on my list of US military victories.

no im not obsessed with tactical and strategic prowess of hitler and nazis,although the bulk of the fighting was between the germans and the russians.but im saying it was the soviets that won the war overwhelmingly and undeniably. "Once the US entered the war after the Pearl Harbour attack, the axis power (Germany, Italy, Japan) were doomed." lol im curious to know how might that be when the americans didnt even land on european soil until mid 1944.......for ur information heres a little statistic,86 percent of the german forces died fighting the soviets in the eastern front in the great battle of stalingrad 1942 and kursk 1943 which crippled the nazi war machine,it was the russians that obliterated army group B,army group south and army group center ,the rest were accounted for by the americans,british and the rest........and the soviets paid a tremendous price for this victory,altogether 13 percent of the russian population died in wwii,american 0.3 percent and british 0.9 percent........

below is an account of what the russians were doing when the US and allies landed on normandy in june 1944.....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To expand a little on the anonymous answer, since I don't think it gives the full story.

Front line on 1 June 1944, five days before D-Day:

By the summer of 1944, the Red Army had almost finished the task of liberating its own territory from the German invaders. It had not, however, advanced further than that except in the small area around Lwow; and Minsk was still in German hands. This was a result of one of the largest sustained offensives of the war, known to the Soviets as the "Right Bank Ukraine operation". Beginning on 24 December 1943, about 4 milllion Soviet soldiers with 4000 tanks had advanced a total of 300 miles over the course of four months, from Kiev to the borders of Romania - practically destroying German Army Group South in the process.

By May 1944, the Soviet offensive had finally ground to a halt. The German leadership was cautiously optimistic that the Russians had exhausted their strength for a while. This was fortunate, since it meant they could concentrate their attention on the Allied landings in Normandy instead.

They were very, very wrong.

This next map shows the situation one month later on 1 July 1944. The dark red shows the territory conquered by the Red Army in just eight days, in Operation Bagration that started on 22 June (16 days after D-Day and exactly three years after the German invasion of Russia):

The Soviets had assembled 1.4 million men for this offensive - about ten times as many as the British, Canadians and Americans who landed in Normandy on 6 June. The Germans had 1.2 million men opposing them, almost the same number as the Russians had - which disproves the old cliché that the skilled but outnumbered German Army could only be ground down by vastly superior numbers. The Soviets did, however, have the advantage of complete surprise and a well-trained, highly experienced army.

They massed 5200 tanks, 5000 aircraft and 31,000 artillery cannons against a small sector of the front line, blew a hole in the German defences, then sent their tank armies racing through to surround and encircle the hapless Germans. The Soviets had learned through bitter experience to conduct Blitzkrieg better than the Germans themselves. In a couple of months of fighting 17 German divisions were utterly destroyed and 40 more lost over half their manpower. By 20 July 1944, the German Army Group Centre had ceased to exist.

By August Russian troops were at the gates of Warsaw - around the time the Allies in Normandy finally managed to reach Paris.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If somebody had told me a nation could start with 35,000 tanks,then i would have said,"you are crazy!!"

the only recording of hitler's speaking voice persuading mannerheim to help him in his war effort against the soviets,when he realised how deep a shit he was in,and the true extent of russia's millitary might.

oneMdeeBee

Alfrescian
Loyal
To expand a little on the anonymous answer, since I don't think it gives the full story.

Front line on 1 June 1944, five days before D-Day:

By the summer of 1944, the Red Army had almost finished the task of liberating its own territory from the German invaders. It had not, however, advanced further than that except in the small area around Lwow; and Minsk was still in German hands. This was a result of one of the largest sustained offensives of the war, known to the Soviets as the "Right Bank Ukraine operation". Beginning on 24 December 1943, about 4 milllion Soviet soldiers with 4000 tanks had advanced a total of 300 miles over the course of four months, from Kiev to the borders of Romania - practically destroying German Army Group South in the process.

By May 1944, the Soviet offensive had finally ground to a halt. The German leadership was cautiously optimistic that the Russians had exhausted their strength for a while. This was fortunate, since it meant they could concentrate their attention on the Allied landings in Normandy instead.

They were very, very wrong.

This next map shows the situation one month later on 1 July 1944. The dark red shows the territory conquered by the Red Army in just eight days, in Operation Bagration that started on 22 June (16 days after D-Day and exactly three years after the German invasion of Russia):

The Soviets had assembled 1.4 million men for this offensive - about ten times as many as the British, Canadians and Americans who landed in Normandy on 6 June. The Germans had 1.2 million men opposing them, almost the same number as the Russians had - which disproves the old cliché that the skilled but outnumbered German Army could only be ground down by vastly superior numbers. The Soviets did, however, have the advantage of complete surprise and a well-trained, highly experienced army.

They massed 5200 tanks, 5000 aircraft and 31,000 artillery cannons against a small sector of the front line, blew a hole in the German defences, then sent their tank armies racing through to surround and encircle the hapless Germans. The Soviets had learned through bitter experience to conduct Blitzkrieg better than the Germans themselves. In a couple of months of fighting 17 German divisions were utterly destroyed and 40 more lost over half their manpower. By 20 July 1944, the German Army Group Centre had ceased to exist.

By August Russian troops were at the gates of Warsaw - around the time the Allies in Normandy finally managed to reach Paris.

Bagration was a mirage within a shadow within smokescreen after smokescreen.
Confused the hell out of the best of the German Generals.

Manstein was already kicked out by Hitler that time.
Manstein so fucking nearly won the battle of Kursk.
He wanted to launch early pincer attacks on Kursk after the battle at Kharkov that he won with his backhand blow, before the russians could get in their multilayered defenses but Hitler hold him back.
Allowed the Ruskies to build in layers upon layers upon layers of defenses.
Even so, FieldMarshall Manstein nearly won and could have won Kursk.
But Hitler withdrew 3 crucial armoured divisions , Manstein reserves at the crucial moment.
As Manstein took no shit from Hitler, Hitler sacked him.

But even with FieldMarshall Manstein in charge, Bagration still would have gotten through.
Russians cunning bastards and must have studied SunTze by heart too.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
come to think of it,about the only reason america entered the war at this point was because europe was about to be swallowed by the USSR,and soon later japan and the rest of asia.......russia could have been the biggest superpower in the world.