• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu welcomed 7 new board members. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

4 hrs ·
“Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress and working together is success”
-Henry Ford
The 27th Lee Kuan Yew Fund for Bilingualism Board Meeting took place this afternoon and it is wonderful to meet with the Board Members face-to-face again after a long hiatus! For the past two years due to Covid, meetings were held online. With the resumption of physical meetings, it provided this timely opportunity for Board Members to engage in vibrant discussions on the Fund’s social media outreach, impact and operating model. Board Members shared insights on leveraging social media to promote the use of Mother Tongue Languages and new approaches that the Fund could adopt to encourage bilingualism.
In today’s Meeting, the Fund extended its warmest welcome to 7 new Board Members who joined us in April this year. With 13 Board members in total now, we will go from strength to strength in inspiring bilingualism and deepening links to our Asian heritage!
May be an image of 12 people, people standing and indoor

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is impressed with Yew Tee Primary School. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

9 hrs ·
On the morning of Hin Kei’s SYF performance in the Angklung and Kulintang Ensemble, he had to learn new bass parts to cover for a friend.
He shared, “It was tough for me to hear that my friend had Covid because he had been practising hard. I managed to do a good job. I was proud of myself and the whole CCA team for pulling it off.”
The team’s dedication and willingness to go the extra mile is a testament to the hard work and guidance from the teachers and instructors over the years. It is one of the pioneer CCAs in Yew Tee Primary School and is 22 years old this year!
The founding teachers-in-charge of the CCA often speak fondly of their experiences. One of them, Mdm Evelyn Cheam, remembered the journey that the team took from recruiting members and learning of the instruments.
This year, they performed an original music piece composed by their instructor, Mr Aryanto Ahmad. The students were proud to showcase this original composition for its debut. Each member truly contributed to make this Angklung and Kulintang Ensemble their own.
Thank you Yew Tee Primary School for sharing your journey! Do catch the remaining live streams of SYF Arts Presentation for Choir and Band before they end on 25 August at http://www.syf.gov.sg/art.../syf-2022-ap-livestream-schedule !
#ourschoolstories
1f4f8.png
: Yew Tee Primary School

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is glad that masks will be optional for schools. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

9 hrs ·
Children learn best and develop well when they can see the expressions and feel the emotions of others. Prolonged absence of such facial, social and emotional cues can have longer term impact on our children’s development.
Am glad that masks will be optional in our schools from 29 Aug. This will allow our students and staff to communicate and build bonds more naturally.
While we enjoy the respite of optional mask wearing, we must continue to maintain our vigilance, good hygiene practices and social responsibilities.
Looking forward to seeing the happy faces of our students and staff
1f642.png

1661346509341.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants no student to be left behind. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

7 hrs ·
No student should be left behind in education, regardless of their backgrounds.
From January next year, we will be increasing:
▪️
Transport and meal subsidies for primary and secondary school students under the Ministry of Education, Singapore Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
▪️
Bursaries for pre-university students
I had benefitted from scholarships, bursaries and subsidies during my schooling years, and understand the impact that such support can make.
We hope that the increased assistance for schooling, transport and meal expenses will give students from lower income households greater peace of mind, and support them in maximising their potential.
More details here:
https://go.gov.sg/ei46ru
May be an image of 14 people and indoor

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was delighted to have met up with Dato Dr Amin Abdullah, Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Minister of Finance and Economy II and Datin Dr Romaizah Salleh, Minister of Education from Brunei. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 3 new photos.​

Yesterday at 21:31 ·
Delighted to have met up with Dato Dr Amin Abdullah, Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office and Minister of Finance and Economy II and Datin Dr Romaizah Salleh, Minister of Education from Brunei this morning.
Dato Dr Amin and Datin Dr Romaizah are in Singapore for the State Visit of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Negara Brunei Darussalam from 24 – 25 August 2022.
Singapore
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
and Brunei
1f1e7_1f1f3.png
share a special and long-standing relationship anchored upon our deep partnerships and strong people-to-people ties. I am glad to announce that we have signed two Memorandums of Understanding on Cooperation in Public Service Capacity Development and on the Brunei Darussalam-Singapore Youth Education Scholarship.
I look forward to working closely with Brunei to create more opportunities for our public service officers and youths to share experiences and learn from one another.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited RGS. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added a new video.​

14 hrs ·
What is your USP?
"Bringing out the best in others." "Negotiating." "Liaising with different people and getting them on board with ideas." "Family oriented." "I make friends easily." "I'm funny!" "Helping my friends through troubles they're facing."
Spent a morning at Raffles Girls' School, joining in for assembly and PE lessons. Also had a chat with some students who shared their diverse and unique strengths, and what they hope to achieve. They're a people- and community-oriented bunch, already having ideas on how they want to contribute to society in their own ways.
Keep that light burning bright. I look forward to seeing how you shape the world!
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants to make learning more fun. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 5 new photos.​

8 hrs ·
When I was younger, while I did alright for my Chinese exams, I was never confident of my mastery of the language. That’s because I wasn’t the best in my family and I was afraid of being compared to others.
On the other hand, when my economics teachers affirmed me, I was inspired to do even better and eventually majored in economics in university.
These vignettes remind us how important it is for us to affirm and encourage our children to spark their interest to learn any subject.
Although pursuing bilingualism is not the easiest of all paths, we should approach it positively, and encourage and enthuse our children to learn it as a living language rather than a language for the exams.
As I shared this morning, at the Mother Tongue Languages Symposium 2022, we should keep exploring opportunities within and beyond our schools to make learning fun and useful. Educators, parents, and community partners must work hand in hand to create a conducive environment.
With this, I believe we will be able to unlock our children’s fullest potential in their Mother Tongue Languages.
Dr Maliki Osman Gan Siow Huang 颜晓芳 Vikram Nair

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu had fun. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

9 hrs ·
It was fun learning how to manipulate an Augmented Reality (AR) image – Hello Soaper 5 superhero!
It’s a fun little trick, and reflective of the daily technological advances that are part of our lives now – at work and at play. Our students are digital natives and our schools are embracing these changes with AR now part of the lessons.
With Teachers’ Day drawing near, I would like to dedicate this virtual gift to our education fraternity, who provides a circle of support for our students.
From the moment you enter school, you see an entire community at work. From the Operations Manager patrolling the grounds to the admin staff at the front desk, and the ICT Managers trouble-shooting tech issues, our schools are an interdependent ecosystem.
In the classrooms, alongside our dedicated teachers, are Allied Educators, counsellors and teachers trained in special needs, each one a key link in this community.
We saw the strength of this system being put to the test over the last few years, but we persevered and prevailed… thanks to this resilient community, who worked closely with each other with the students’ wellbeing at heart.
Over the last few months, every time I enter a school and see our children once again playing group sports, performing together or excitedly sharing ideas at the canteen, I think of all the people who make this environment and these experiences possible for our children.
I would like to extend my appreciation to each and every one of you this Teachers’ Day.
Here’s my note on the Gratitude Portal, and I would like to encourage all of you to write a word of thanks to a teacher or school staff, who made a difference to you.
The AR element that I tried is available on this year’s Gratitude Portal. Try it out at www.ThankYouCher.edu.sg
1f60a.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu introduces University of the Arts Singapore (UAS), formed through an alliance between LASALLE College of the Arts and NAFA. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 2 new photos.​

3 hrs ·
University of the Arts Singapore (UAS), formed through an alliance between LASALLE College of the Arts and NAFA, will open its doors to its first batch of students in 2024.
1f44f.png

We look forward to UAS being an institution of distinction that:
1️⃣
Broadens our pathways of success, including arts tertiary education, in Singapore to make a positive impact on our arts and cultural sectors;
2️⃣
Grows a new generation of arts practitioners to contribute to the next lap of our development in economics, culture and national identity; and
3️⃣
Serves as a regional and global platform for the cross pollination of ideas through the arts.
UAS will be led by Board Chairperson Mr Jose Isidro Camacho, Managing Director and Vice Chairman for Credit Suisse Asia Pacific and former Board member of the National Heritage Board of Singapore; and Vice-Chancellor Professor Kwok Kian Woon, Associate Vice President (Wellbeing), School of Social Sciences, Nanyang Technological University, who has served on the Boards of arts organisations such as the National Arts Council.
I am confident that with their leadership and experience, UAS will build on the longstanding heritage and unique strengths of LASALLE and NAFA to bring tertiary arts education in Singapore to greater heights.
As Singapore and the world recovers from the pandemic, the establishment of UAS is a bold move for the future, and speaks to our belief that the arts and a creative spirit is integral to Singapore’s future success.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was happy to be a part of the Teacher’s Day Ceremony and the reopening of Ministry of Education, Singapore Heritage Centre at Balestier. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

44 mins ·
The purpose of education remains evergreen – to develop all children holistically, and to their fullest potential.
But how we do this must continue to evolve – we must work to equip students of different profiles to excel in their unique strengths and develop a growth mindset where they can continually adapt and thrive in a fast-changing world.
This morning, I was happy to be a part of the Teacher’s Day Ceremony and the reopening of Ministry of Education, Singapore Heritage Centre at Balestier. The centre holds great significance as it enables MOE to showcase the efforts our teachers have contributed to the evolution of Singapore’s education system. By looking back and understanding the lessons from our past, we gain greater impetus to move forward together, to build the future of learning.
Today, as part of our social compact, every child has a good start, with multiple promising pathways for every student. It is due to the strength and commitment of our teachers and MOE staff that has gotten us this far
— THANK YOU for your outstanding work and always going beyond the call of duty.