• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One month before completing NS, he goes AWOL to study at Cambridge

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good, we will have another anti-PAP in the making.

18 months detention for skipping 1 month of NS is totally out of proportion. He went through the proper channel but an idiot holding a higher rank said no providing NO reason. What is he to do? Lose a coveted opportunity or serve for an extra month?

He used his good judgment to ignore the orders of a stupid SAF officer. He had done his part and the government could not even acede to abit of flexibility.

Aside, that SAF officer should be hauled up to answer why he turned down a deferral. Such deferral is common and have always been granted. So, why was it denied in this instance?

Mindef should provide an answer as the ruin of a young man's career was a decision made by that officer.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
DB , Detention Barrack , is much much worst than serving prison time.

from the news report one got a hunch that the Awol numbers have shot up ???

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DB , Detention Barrack , is much much worst than serving prison time.

It's only physically strenuous... but it's quite welfare inside. :biggrin:

But yeah, 18 month is way over the top. Retarded assholes at Mindef and SAF. :rolleyes:

For a half fuck army of a snot-sized cuntry, you're taking NS and yourselves way too seriously. :kma:

Physiocrat

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was keen on contributing to the nation in his own way----seeking a solution/medical breakthrough to extend old farts life.
If he argue along that line, the sentence would have been much lighter.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's only physically strenuous... but it's quite welfare inside. :biggrin:

But yeah, 18 month is way over the top. Retarded assholes at Mindef and SAF. :rolleyes:

For a half fuck army of a snot-sized cuntry, you're taking NS and yourselves way too seriously. :kma:

Now i noe why many call it, MINDEAF.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should put pressure on MINDEF to explain why this chap's request for deferral of last month of NS could not be accommodated. MINDEF has done so for many cases, so why not him?

He has a coveted spot in med school and yet MINDEF decided to screw up his life by not granting him a deferral of his last month of NS.
Since MINDEF could not screw up his life then, it decided to screw up his life now by seeking a long imprisonment.

Who in the hell would want to die for this country when MINDEF has treat sinkees like dirt?

When war comes, aim your guns on your officers. They deserve to be sent to hell.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will AWOL if I'm him. If I gave up my future for the country for the sake of "loyalty", the country will still give me shit and not take care of me.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy not local born and bred sinaporan but imported one from PRC.

Goes to show how much patriotism he holds for the island. In time of crisis, he is likely to flee back to China than to fight and die for sinapor. Why the dumb pappies always believe these foreigners would defend the island?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS is a Privilege............FT want also don't have:o

jobs4Fts.jpg

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...But yeah, 18 month is way over the top. Retarded assholes at Mindef and SAF...For a half fuck army of a snot-sized cuntry, you're taking NS and yourselves way too seriously..

If he had AWOL for not more than a year, pappies might not have pressed for long imprisonment term. This guy had been on AWOL for more than 5 years, total blatant disregard for his NS commitment.

When you are a small country, you need an efficient army to protect yourself. Look at Israel. A small country but able to hold up against aggressive neighbours. When chips are down, do not expect US/UK to come running to defend you. SAF half fuck army? Never try, never know.