• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One "fatso 5%" has spoken - Desmond Lim to contest Punggol East!

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Lim lack of speaking abilities... no way any one would vote for him, facts from GE2011 speaks for itself. Like some bro said he is good for background work supporting a candidate but not as a candidate himself.

From what he says in this video, he walk the ground in 2005, it was WP who encroach on other opposition parties "territory". WP supporters are without reason, asking other political parties to leave.

[video=youtube;ZG7spNdvlbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG7spNdvlbE[/video]

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From what he says in this video, he walk the ground in 2005, it was WP who encroach on other opposition parties "territory". WP supporters are without reason, asking other political parties to leave.

Whether true or not, it is obvious that the Punggol East voters didn't really care for his excuses.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have say that Chiam See Tong is an exceptional poor judge of character.

First - Chee
Second - the NTU engineering grad that turned out to be mentally instable
Third - Desmond
Fourth - His wife.
Fifth - Ling How Doong
plus a whole lot of ex WP troublemakers.

Bro, I opine CST was more desperate than being a poor judge of character. In the late 80s and early 90s, he was desperate for professionals to join the SDP. CSJ and LHD were like 'gifts' from heaven. In actual fact, they were bombs!

CSJ, LHD and DL can only be trusted to destroy your party.

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He doeesn't seem to get it. I have mentioned this about him too, and also those others who had lost their deposits eg. Tan Kin Lian.

The very fact that they lost their deposits speaks everything. He doesn't seem to fully realise or understand the full implications of that. Apparently they are full of self-importance.

He should read every word in your post. And should then decide to direct his passion and righteous fervour by making himself a good supporter of any of the mainstream opposition parties.

There's a Chinese saying: 识时务者为俊杰. Which means a wise man should be able to understand the times and put his allegiance and dedication towards the right cause.

Desmond Lim is sincere and hardworking, and I'm not going to cast doubt on the amount of unseen sacrifices he has put in for Punggol East. But just being sincere and hardworking isn't going to get votes. It's like saying the only selling point for a restaurant is that the food don't make you sick, that in itself won't get you business.

DL have wasted his efforts on the wrong party, and doing all the things that don't count towards winning votes. Fact that he is lacking in charisma is also not doing him any favours. He should just give up.

Last edited:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..... All these excuses and talk off not "splitting" the opposition votes coming from the likes of NSP and even the SDP is sheer, utter rubbish and nonsense. If you can't, are incapable off or are unable to compete, don't offer pathetic excuses. It fools no one. Shape up for the task. If you are unable to, please ship out.

i can't put it better myself - utterly concur.

GMS is typical of many with the 'entitlement' mentality - what is deserving what is not?

One common compelling fallacy is PAP is the greatest enemy so in the name of bing practical, start by:
- denying a one-party parliament
- next, incrementally speaking, more & more, first SMC hurdle, next GRC hurdle
- 1 (JBJ) to 2 (+CST), one time 4 (1991), then back to 2 for a long while, after GE'11, 6(all WP)...

why only WP - chiefly LTK electoral brilliance : be it sinking roots in Hougang or engineering Aljunied's capture.

Of course, new demographics, new media etc are all true, but since these macro factors apply across the board, why only WP? In fact if not or those macro factors including bottled anti-PAP Anger, on their own merit, no single Opp candidate including WP ones, can secure victory. LTK is instrumental in Aljunied & Hougang.

in a way, it also shows the sinkie electorate is a veri demanding one ...

so what is LTK's secret to electoral success - this deserves a thread in its own right.

all other Opp personalities
(kudos in a way, with our. scroobal here so cerebral, TFBH, Kingrant etc, they still are not active participants for whatever reason i cn only respect, but hey, u guys stand - i limit my compliments up to tis point, all do it for all kinds of reasons - some perhaps shouldn't even stand if all due respect -)
are tied up over one motherhood concern or other,

all lack LTK's disciplined, narrow and focused approach to winning elections.

In GMS, the political savant who tkes great pride in his strategic analysis via his 2nd Upp Lass Econ training which he has unabashedly highlighted to set himslf apart from the unwashed masses here - start to bitch about Opp unity, fair allocation of polling territory, nuances of policy crafting, bad PR & plagiarism deficiencies of the WP parliamentarians ..... Maybe to him and in a sense, he cannot be altogether wrong - but hello, where ins the nexus? WHAT IS PUTTING FIRST THINGS FIRST?

I can hear the likes of him protesting: principle above all, WP beome another PAP etc etc

WHAT IS PERIPHERAL WHAT IS CORE?

One simple benchmark :
who wins, take the oath, sits inside

and

who shuffle their feet around, keyboard warriors preening in front of their proverbial mirror, accepting media interviews as seasoned veteren and ex- office holders of Opp Parties

In the name of free choice (whatever that is left of it after the ruling parties excessess),

let able man stand and speak up for themselves (Opp unity only among like minded serious minded believers)

And let the infamous sinkie voter decide - the compulsive complain king/queen, kiasu/kiasee but warts and all, there is gold even among the thickest compost - let one man one vote manifest its power in simplicity.

screw the smart assess and politically correct notions like who is more deserving and why WP/LTK is so arrogant and unsporting..... Please cull the infantile whining.....

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He doeesn't seem to get it. I have mentioned this about him too, and also those others who had lost their deposits eg. Tan Kin Lian.

The very fact that they lost their deposits speaks everything.

Yes. Imo, it is more difficult to lose deposit. Easier to get into Parliament.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A student who failed his exam miserably with only 5 marks out of 100. Since then, he has not been studying hard and now exam is around the corner, you think he can score at least 50 marks out of hundred? At least students who scored more than 40 have chance of passing the exam this time round. My analogy is clear for Desmond to see.

Last edited:

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet another fitting analogy.

But will he (Desmond Lim) at last see the light, and vamoosh for good? He's starting to get on people's nerves.

A student who failed his exam miserably with only 5 marks out of 100. Since then, he has not been studying hard and now exam is around the corner, you think he can score at least 50 marks out of hundred? At least students who scored more than 40 have chance of passing the exam this time round. My analogy is clear for Desmond to see.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Spot on, bro.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Absolutely. Losing his deposit in a 3-cornered fight told a lot especially when the other opposition party got in excess of 40% votes with a new candidate. There must be some fundamental issue there. What is the point of standing aside to allow him to compete one on one with the incumbent? To avenge his shame in 2011 that he can keep his deposit in a one on one situation? For that matter why stand aside for any other party to show that they can garner the same level of support as WP with some last minute scrambling for grassroots presence?

Politics is a serious affair with more ambitious objectives. That is why none of us here is qualified to stand for election. And even if some of us had done so in the past, we had not succeeded.

Last edited:

Picardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is more like a William Hung hoping to be voted in by the judges and everone. At least William Hung was smart enough to know where he stands.

Last edited: