• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OMG OMG!!! BREAKING NEWS: Tony Tan has resigned!!!

GeylangCheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following is a letter sent to Singaporeans from Tony Tan, recently elected President of Singapore and former Deputy Chairman of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation on Saturday, to take responsibility for the S$10 billion loss the sovereign fund suffered by investing in Swiss bank UBS.

Dear Singaporeans

I have handed in my resignation as President today. That it was possible for GIC to inflict a S$10 billion loss on our investment in UBS in such a short time shocked me, as it did everyone else, deeply. This incident has wide repercussions, including political ones. I did not take the step of resigning lightly. I am convinced that it is in the best interests of Singapore to approach the future with a new President.

The precise circumstances that led to the GIC loss in UBS are being investigated by an independent body. Many questions remain open, and it is vital that they are cleared up in a comprehensive way. What is certain is that, as former Deputy Chairman of GIC, I bear full responsibility for what occurred at the sovereign fund. That is why I want to and must act according to my convictions. I hope my resignation makes it possible for Singaporeans to return their attention more quickly to the economic challenges that we face and work harmoniously to achieve national prosperity.

We achieved a great deal together and Singapore is well positioned to withstand the uncertainties in the global outlook. The S$10 billion loss represents a significant setback in our efforts to rebuild trust in GIC. However, you should have no doubt about the fundamental strengths of GIC. Because of your trust, my fellow Singaporeans, GIC has made profits elsewhere that offset the UBS loss so that our portfolio is now at a higher level than before the crisis hit.

As I’ve always emphasized, a lot of work remains to be done. So don’t let recent events distract you. I am certain that GIC and Singapore can carve out a strong place within the fundamentally changing global circumstances.

I want to extend you my sincere thanks for your strong commitment and support. I wish you and our beloved Singapore only the best in the future.

Yours,

Tony Tan Keng Yam

(Note to clueless or those whose first language is not English – this is a spoof)

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
A puppet don't have a clue why he was ask to be President. He just do it for the money. if not for old friend sake or it will be Uncle knows best and as nephew nothing to lose when Uncle says so.

The following is a letter sent to Singaporeans from Tony Tan, recently elected President of Singapore and former Deputy Chairman of the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation on Saturday, to take responsibility for the S$10 billion loss the sovereign fund suffered by investing in Swiss bank UBS.

Dear Singaporeans

I have handed in my resignation as President today. That it was possible for GIC to inflict a S$10 billion loss on our investment in UBS in such a short time shocked me, as it did everyone else, deeply. This incident has wide repercussions, including political ones. I did not take the step of resigning lightly. I am convinced that it is in the best interests of Singapore to approach the future with a new President.

The precise circumstances that led to the GIC loss in UBS are being investigated by an independent body. Many questions remain open, and it is vital that they are cleared up in a comprehensive way. What is certain is that, as former Deputy Chairman of GIC, I bear full responsibility for what occurred at the sovereign fund. That is why I want to and must act according to my convictions. I hope my resignation makes it possible for Singaporeans to return their attention more quickly to the economic challenges that we face and work harmoniously to achieve national prosperity.

We achieved a great deal together and Singapore is well positioned to withstand the uncertainties in the global outlook. The S$10 billion loss represents a significant setback in our efforts to rebuild trust in GIC. However, you should have no doubt about the fundamental strengths of GIC. Because of your trust, my fellow Singaporeans, GIC has made profits elsewhere that offset the UBS loss so that our portfolio is now at a higher level than before the crisis hit.

As I’ve always emphasized, a lot of work remains to be done. So don’t let recent events distract you. I am certain that GIC and Singapore can carve out a strong place within the fundamentally changing global circumstances.

I want to extend you my sincere thanks for your strong commitment and support. I wish you and our beloved Singapore only the best in the future.

Yours,

Tony Tan Keng Yam

(Note to clueless or those whose first language is not English – this is a spoof)

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A puppet don't have a clue why he was ask to be President. He just do it for the money. if not for old friend sake or it will be Uncle knows best and as nephew nothing to lose when Uncle says so.

He definitely is NOT clueless. He stood for erection because if any of the other Tans had come in, Mr Tony Tan would then have to explain to the other President Tan the reason for the losses. By switching chairs, he has avoided the embarassment.

He is not in it for the money. He is there to protect himself and his masters.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really? U sure or not? dont make me happy for no reason leh..and no reason for him to quit as in spore, PAP and scums dont face political pressure, no demonstrations and so on.,..and PAP has no one better to be president than TT

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You idiot don't even have an idea how corporate resignation arewritten

They are short and sweet.

Something like:

I resign due to illness.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I knew that he will have to resign. My connections and network signalled me that he will resign. It is no longer a tenable position and something has to give. He made bad decisions and this one will haunt him. To make matters worse, the UBS chief resigned and the pressure was mounting. It's is no loss to the country. We will be better off not having him at all in any position. Useless chap. (ps. this is also a spoof). But who cares and it is a slow day. Now let's see far this spoof will go.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder Singaporeans still regard the ST as the Scriptures. They cant tell a lemon from the Real thing.

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former Singapore Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew also tendered his resignation from the post of Senior Advisor to GIC following the sudden departure of Singapore President Tony Tan and the scandal involving UBS, in which GIC has a large stake. When approached for a press interview, Mr Lee Kuan Yew declined, citing illness and old age.

(This is also a spoof)

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already saw through this lie, but for your information it helps to remember that English is not first language of you filthy Singaporeans and Asians anyway.

Dear Singaporeans

Yours,

Tony Tan Keng Yam