• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Olympics Opening vs NDP

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
After watching the spectacular extravaganza at the Beijing Stadium last nite, I dun understand how anyone can actually bring himself to watch that crappy NDP this evening! Year in year out, they give us the same old shit! Every year without fail, there's bound to be an old video clip on old fart saying some "words of wisdom"! And yet, there're so many morons out there dying to lay their hands on a ticket to be part of the "Party of the Year"! Hopeless man! :(

southwest

Alfrescian
Loyal
No doubt the Olympics.

But there is no basis for comparison: one is an international event and the other is a national event.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both are waste of time and resources.

For Olympics, just have someone to light the torch and let the real sports begin.

For National Day, just have a National Day Rally for the PM to outline the direction for the year ahead.

southwest

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are waste of time and resources.

Singapore perhaps can save quite a bit of money with a National Day Rally and the PM giving his canned speech:biggrin:.

China case - it's all about face. The chinese cannot afford to lose face:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore perhaps can save quite a bit of money with a National Day Rally and the PM giving his canned speech:biggrin:.

China case - it's all about face. The chinese cannot afford to lose face:p

I'm not saying this because China is hosting. The Olympics could be hosted anywhere and I still think that the opening day should just consist of the symbolic torchlighting, a simple welcome and pleasantry speech by the head of state of the hosting nation, and let the real sports begin.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls cancel ndp parade !

Exactly. After the NKF and Renci debacle, I won't be surprised if this extravagance carries on, it may degenerate into another "Presidential" fundraising campaign. RSAF jets and SAF paratroopers performing stunts for charity...please call 1900########...to donate and support your nation, president and charity...

Last edited:

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
beijing olympic opening ceremony was conceived n directed by famous director zhangyimou. our ndp ws orchestrated by a bunch of grass for brains tanjiak peng... the results r obviously different.

meanwhile, sg fireworks display will never hold a candle to any other nations. our's only last 10-15min, or at most 20min.... other's can go on for hours.