• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Old fart mahathir out to destroy Singapore?

del boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully support ginfreely on her view on mahathir.

Old fart mahathir holds deep grudges, never forgive and is power hungry.

IMO. the real reason why he terminates the HSR deal is so that singapore will be left out of the Kuming-Singapore line.. the line will be terminated at KL and Singapore will suffer.

imagine a rail connecting china and the rest of south east asia with Singapore being left out.

just take a look at this image and you will understand why he want to terminate the HSR deal.

FYI , construction on the railway has already started in some of the other SEA countries

PanAsianRailNetwork_zps5jvvlbvr.png

del boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
for the record, i won't give a damn about the HSR if it is not because of the pan asia railway project.

as much as i dislike LHL, i think mahathir (never agree or won anything against LKY Singapore) deserve more dislike .. :mad:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is at the end of the pennisula so can take bus from KL to the islander Singapore. Waste of money service the Islander.

All ships can pass through Singapore to Malacca for logistic support easier for ship crews to take HSR from Malacca.

Singapore was acquired by BE steamboat technology that can sail to this tidlesess, and no prevailing winds, island for naval support.

Singapore is a deep water bay surroundered by 50 small islands render Chinese sail boats to unable to reach the island without strong wind and tidal waves...

Drop dead.... Singapore island is useless in landmass project connect to the North...

Sinkies can take bus to KL cheaper...

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its more convinent just to take a budget flight anyway if u want to travel to these shythole countries......and probably way cheaper.......i guanrantee u the HSR when build,the tickets will cost a bomb....even regular trains already cost a bomb the longer the journey is.......why because of manpower cost.......it dont take many manpower to fly a plane,but it takes tons of manpower to run the stations and maintain thousands of miles of tracks.if the rest of south east asia was developed then maybe ill feel left out.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
old horse position and opinion on SG has always been very consistent during the past 50 yrs or so
just relax and let him he wants and like.... dun have to lose sleep over it

sam heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got no feeling towards anyone. but hope RM raise to 2..25 just to swipe the smile off the faces of those jiu hu boys at my work place.

del boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not only about moving people... the railway moves cargos and goods and increases the trade, either you have no idea how commerce works or you have under-estimated the strength of the SEA economics or you must be from m&d land..

and on your comment on manpower cost? are u saying airplanes and airport don't employ as many people and dont need as much maintenance?

its more convinent just to take a budget flight anyway if u want to travel to these shythole countries......and probably way cheaper.......i guanrantee u the HSR when build,the tickets will cost a bomb....even regular trains already cost a bomb the longer the journey is.......why because of manpower cost.......it dont take many manpower to fly a plane,but it takes tons of manpower to run the stations and maintain thousands of miles of tracks.if the rest of south east asia was developed then maybe ill feel left out.

del boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am also in the 30% but that does not mean i have to agree with what mahathir is doing when it is obvious what he is doing is targeting Singapore.

Mahathir has nothing against Singapore he only dislikes the PAP the way 30% do.

del boy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry he won't destroy sinkapore because he needs a small opponent to pick on. Someone who can divert attention from his own country's problems and channel his insecurities towards.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not only about moving people... the railway moves cargos and goods and increases the trade, either you have no idea how commerce works or you have under-estimated the strength of the SEA economics or you must be from m&d land..

and on your comment on manpower cost? are u saying airplanes and airport don't employ as many people and dont need as much maintenance?

HSR can pull cargo?a simple diesel electric train can do the job more cost effectively,why do u need a HSR,HSR is all about time,and commuters care about time,no one cares if ur cargo takes 24 hours to arrive at ur destination.

On the comment on manpower and maintenance cost,I learnt that from YouTube why planes are cheaper than even trains,they fly in the sky so there's no need for infrastructure,the maintenance of thousands of kilometers of tracks is costly,most lines except for a minority 20 or 30 percent most popular lines are losers,that's why most train infrastructure and lines are owned by the government as an initiative to provide public transportation to it's citizens and increase connectivity.on their own private train companies have difficulty maintaing lines and profitability at the same time.

what is the biggest cost of an airliner?many people think its the airplanes itself,but thats not true,a 100 million dollar boeing 737 the most flown plane in the world can easily last 20 to 30 years,divided by 30 years,the cost of the plane effectively comes down to $10,000 a day or essentially the cost of a first class seat.the biggest cost of air travel is always fuel.......manpower costs on trains are greater because of the relatively slower speeds on trains and the longer times needed to travel,a trans siberian train can easily take up to a week,while a plane can easily travel the same distance in 10 hours.....u have to pay the crew for the entire time it takes to get there.therefore the cost per passenger goes up significantly.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is not just about connecting Singapore to KL, it is connecting Singapore to SEA and China.

the one belt one road projects connects china to europe ..
Yeah now that you mentioned I recall reading somewhere before that Bangkok will become the hub of this China 1b1r hsr network. So Spore will be even worse off now totally out of the network indeed.

del boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
you still dont get it.. i am talking about a bigger picture and not just your KL-Singapore HSR

simply add some common sense when u answer the following question.
How many people and cargo can u transport on a plane vs a rail..and which one is more cost effective.
and u will know why he want to cut off the rail to Singapore.

HSR can pull cargo?

On the comment on manpower and maintenance cost,I learnt that from YouTube why planes are cheaper than even trains,they fly in the sky so there's no need for infrastructure,the maintenance of thousands of kilometers of tracks is costly,most lines except for a minority 20 or 30 percent most popular lines are losers,that's why most train infrastructure and lines are owned by the government as an initiative to provide public transportation to it's citizens and increase connectivity.on their own private train companies have difficulty maintaing lines and profitability at the same time.