• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

old fart digs Goh CT one more time

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, it's not bro.

And have you really worked in civil service? Or are you lifting it off the PSC website.

hahaha....I was a Senior SAF Officer abeilt Field Marshal minus 7 rank, Major,
and sir, may we know about your background?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....I was a Senior SAF Officer abeilt Field Marshal minus 7 rank, Major,
and sir, may we know about your background?

You've not been keeping up. There is now two Lieutenant Colonel ranks, so you are 8 ranks short of a FM.

LMS until bond ended and went into banking. Did you really think the OMS were same category as your SAFOS bosses? Alright, maybe because there are a lot more OMS compared to SAFOS/SPFOS.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak! Cpt. GMS must work harder for promotion, otherwise loosing to Maj. Kukubird would be a major kuku...:eek:

Are you one of those who think the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan is equivalent to a major?

heartlander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again, it's not bro.

And have you really worked in civil service? Or are you lifting it off the PSC website.

Track the careers of the SAFOS and SPFOS compared to the OMS and see if what you say really holds true. Check the hit rate of SAFOS making BG and SPFOS making AC as compared to hit rate of OMS making it to DS (as compared to dropping out of civil service or transferring to non-admin service). Only the OMS+PS has the same hit rate as same as SAFOS/SPFOS, and PS seems to make very little difference to SAFOS/SPFOS (unless you consider political advancement).

It's not possible to compare SAFOS/SPFOS with OMS, because the two operate on very different paths. SAF and SPF are each a closed system with a very different ROA policy and pace than the one decided by PSC for OMS people. I suspect that a larger proportion of SAFOS stay on (and make it to the top) because they get superscale pay at LTC whether or not they hit Admin Service, and perhaps their skills or experience are less transferable outside. And SAFOS and SPFOS have a much better guarantee of advancement in their respective systems than does an OMS in the civil-service wide system, so statistically this may account for the difference. But it is not deliberate.

PS on the other hand is meant to be a class above the rest. However PS+OMS is not significantly overrepresented with respect to OMS at DS level and above. In fact given that PS is supposed to be a class above the rest, I myself was quite surprised to find so many non-PS scholars at the top.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
PS has for unknown reasons has become a curse even from the very start. They tend to be quiet in the main. The number of underperformers are exceptionally high. There has also been suicides and nervous breakdowns.

SAFOS became an open system after the wrangler programme was ended in the 80s. SPFOS from the very start is an open system with both systems requiring initial service in their respective organisation and then open.

The biggest challenge is attracting the best and brightest to take up SAFOS and SPFOS which is no longer rated high politically among the young. A career in the uniform services is no longer cool right across the world.

Everyone wants to be a doctor, banker, lawyer, accountant, diplomat or entrepreneur. Nobody wants to become a soldier or a policeman. The last CP made history of all time low when he moved down in rank. Previously CP is on par with PS. He is now reporting to his subordinate who is also not a scholar and came from NUS.

In fact given that PS is supposed to be a class above the rest, I myself was quite surprised to find so many non-PS scholars at the top.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last CP made history of all time low when he moved down in rank. Previously CP is on par with PS. He is now reporting to his subordinate who is also not a scholar and came from NUS.

Yes, you are very correct. KBH was made Snr DS - never had this appt in the Civil Service before. This Snr DS post was specially created to accommodate a person who mati mati refuse to retire. Top people at MHA finds this a big joke. 1 or 2 even asked for transfer.

At 55 yrs of age, once a CP and can't even be made 2PS is a mother of all embarrassment. Let's make some pertinent comparisons. Leo Yip and Heng Swee Keat were both very junior compared to KBH. Both were OMSs compared to KBH, a President Scholar.

Both made the PS grade in the early 40s and KBH at age 55 only a Snr DS!!!! LY is now MD EDB while HSK, MD MAS. Aubeck Kam? Made DS in his mid or late 30s. Now CEO somewwhere.

And yes, KBH is now reporting to Benny Lim, PS MHA. When KBH was Supt, BL was just ASP. Honors degree in English from NUS and Masters from LSE. Not a scholar but way way ahead of KBH.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
You've not been keeping up. There is now two Lieutenant Colonel ranks, so you are 8 ranks short of a FM.

LMS until bond ended and went into banking. Did you really think the OMS were same category as your SAFOS bosses? Alright, maybe because there are a lot more OMS compared to SAFOS/SPFOS.

hahaha..yes sir, but then again if you use SAF rank structure, the highest rank is LG.
regarding your questions, they have been answered by the other learned brothers while I was asleep........

Last edited:

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
"And yes, KBH is now reporting to Benny Lim, PS MHA. When KBH was Supt, BL was just ASP. Honors degree in English from NUS and Masters from LSE. Not a scholar but way way ahead of KBH."

Oh,yes,but Benny Lim is the brother of minister Lim,blood is thicker.as PAP has proven all along.

Count the numbers of people with blodd link to MM LKY in the government,J.Harding has done a compiling!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"And yes, KBH is now reporting to Benny Lim, PS MHA. When KBH was Supt, BL was just ASP. Honors degree in English from NUS and Masters from LSE. Not a scholar but way way ahead of KBH."

Oh,yes,but Benny Lim is the brother of minister Lim,blood is thicker.as PAP has proven all along.

Count the numbers of people with blodd link to MM LKY in the government,J.Harding has done a compiling!

To be fair to BL, he made his mark before Raymond became a MIW. BL used to brief MM when he was PM despite holding the rank of ASP. He was going places and earmarked for greater things unlike KBH.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
regarding President scholars, yes, apparently many did not make it...
based on the Hall of Fame, only 20 names were listed from 1965 to 1980....
assuming avg 4 scholars each year, the "success rate" is 20/60 or only 33%.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to BL, he made his mark before Raymond became a MIW. BL used to brief MM when he was PM despite holding the rank of ASP. He was going places and earmarked for greater things unlike KBH.
Bro,u mean Benny Lim is very high calibre?

I respect yr view,but looking at his minister brother who I really see NO UP,very hard for me to believe!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro,u mean Benny Lim is very high calibre?

I respect yr view,but looking at his minister brother who I really see NO UP,very hard for me to believe!

In my view, yes. He is the brightest at MHA. Though not perfect, he is miles ahead of KBH and company put together.

Wrt to BL's bro, I have no idea. No dealings with RL.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view, yes. He is the brightest at MHA. Though not perfect, he is miles ahead of KBH and company put together.

Wrt to BL's bro, I have no idea. No dealings with RL.
Talk Cock King Peanuts Goh has the highest respect for Benny Lim and he said so.But the fact is that many poeple think very little of what peanuts Kking Goh thinks,it is worthless,actually.OF course the exception being Ajh Peks,Ah Sohs,especially fr Marine Parade.

MM LKY is different,he is serious,and talk not so much cock.as one forummer said this week,which I remember:

"Absolutely. This guy has an agenda behind every speech, comment and word that he expresses. If you look hard enough, you will find it'-Forummer Scroobal.

I remember MM LKY praised and tot beri highly at various time,Francis Seow,Devan Nair,Lim Ching Siong,Phew Yew Kok,Teh Cheng Wen,Deng Siong Ping,ete,etc

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk Cock King Peanuts Goh has the highest respect for Benny Lim and he said so.But the fact is that many poeple think very little of what peanuts Kking Goh thinks,it is worthless,actually.OF course the exception being Ajh Peks,Ah Sohs,especially fr Marine Parade.

MM LKY is different,he is serious,and talk not so much cock.as one forummer said this week,which I remember:

"Absolutely. This guy has an agenda behind every speech, comment and word that he expresses. If you look hard enough, you will find it'-Forummer Scroobal.

I remember MM LKY praised and tot beri highly at various time,Francis Seow,Devan Nair,Lim Ching Siong,Phew Yew Kok,Teh Cheng Wen,Deng Siong Ping,ete,etc

Bro, my judgement was not influenced by what others said about him. I've worked with him before and I do not have the habit of simply praising someone when that someone is ordinary. He is of a much higher calibre than WKS and HPK put together.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, my judgement was not influenced by what others said about him. I've worked with him before and I do not have the habit of simply praising someone when that someone is ordinary. He is of a much higher calibre than WKS and HPK put together.
Thanks for yr viewpoint

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
regarding President scholars, yes, apparently many did not make it...
based on the Hall of Fame, only 20 names were listed from 1965 to 1980....
assuming avg 4 scholars each year, the "success rate" is 20/60 or only 33%.

another interesting pt to note is that none of the existing PS is a President scholar.