• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Offer a $15,000 salary to work in Kuwait, should I take it up?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I'm trying to put across is never let your wife earn more then you ... Reason ? Simple ..cause if they earn more then you ... They will wear the pants in the house .. I have seen some of my friends go through " dog " life ..

My thai friend won't allow his wife to work at larger firms because he doesn't want her to get too involved with work.

He want to make sure she has enough time for him & the family. In Spore there wouldn't be any question as to what a wife would do:rolleyes:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
My thai friend won't allow his wife to work at larger firms because he doesn't want her to get too involved with work.

He want to make sure she has enough time for him & the family. In Spore there wouldn't be any question as to what a wife would do:rolleyes:

This is a very weak 3rd world mentality and tells you that South East Asian countries like Thailand and Singapore are still very backward

If the wife is better, she should be the breadwinner and the husband the full time caretaker. Obviously your useless peasant friend has an inflated ego :biggrin:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know full time trader sometimes can fetch good money . What I'm trying to put across is never let your wife earn more then you ... Reason ? Simple ..cause if they earn more then you ... They will wear the pants in the house .. I have seen some of my friends go through " dog " life ..

That's a chauvinistic way of thinking, but I do kind of agree. :biggrin:
If you earn $2K, wife earns $2.5K, still ok.
If you earn $5k, wife earns $6K, still ok.
But if you earn $7K, wife earns $15K, that is really not ok. :o

Most importantly, the gap in salary between both must not be too wide.

In Singapore, there are many "jobless" men who are trading full time at home while their wives are salaried workers. It's a good combination where one day if trading market does not reap returns, there is another breadwinner at home. Not surprisingly, these "jobless" men day job is to go around Singapore viewing properties and buying them. Furthermore no loans are needed. Full cash payment

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know full time trader sometimes can fetch good money . What I'm trying to put across is never let your wife earn more then you ... Reason ? Simple ..cause if they earn more then you ... They will wear the pants in the house .. I have seen some of my friends go through " dog " life ..

wow! a true blue male chauvinist!

lets check your logic:
1. person who earns more in the house, wears the pants in the house.
2. person who is not the pants wearer, will be subjected to a dog's life.

so:
1. most households have men wearing the pants.
2. therefore most wives (women), not being the pants-wearer, are subjected to a dog's life of obedience.

and implicitly, you find nothing wrong with women being subjected to this dog's life.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wow! a true blue male chauvinist!

lets check your logic:
1. person who earns more in the house, wears the pants in the house.
2. person who is not the pants wearer, will be subjected to a dog's life.

so:
1. most households have men wearing the pants.
2. therefore most wives (women), not being the pants-wearer, are subjected to a dog's life of obedience.

and implicitly, you find nothing wrong with women being subjected to this dog's life.

What do you called a female dog ?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I kind of look down on thai guys now ever since i know they beat woman and take their money. Only a low life will do that.

However, there is one species that is even worse, the sinkies, who will allow their govt to screw them and still turn back and smile at them and ask them if they are comfortable screwing them.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's a chauvinistic way of thinking, but I do kind of agree. :biggrin:
If you earn $2K, wife earns $2.5K, still ok.
If you earn $5k, wife earns $6K, still ok.
But if you earn $7K, wife earns $15K, that is really not ok. :o

Most importantly, the gap in salary between both must not be too wide.

In Singapore, there are many "jobless" men who are trading full time at home while their wives are salaried workers. It's a good combination where one day if trading market does not reap returns, there is another breadwinner at home. Not surprisingly, these "jobless" men day job is to go around Singapore viewing properties and buying them. Furthermore no loans are needed. Full cash payment

As long as men can contribute to the family it's ok if he is a full time trader or artist .. I always see the end result as the most important part ... That is $$$ for the family . Remember , king of the jungle is a lion ...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As long as men can contribute to the family it's ok if he is a full time trader or artist .. I always see the end result as the most important part ... That is $$$ for the family . Remember , king of the jungle is a lion ...

Is earning money that difficult? In my world, earning money is easy. In fact it is quite fun. So much challenges and you can be creative to come up with new services and products that people would pay money for.

It is a kind of like having a hobby with some excitement thrown in it. I see many post here that shows signs of stress and fear when talking about money.

pls enlightened me.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i don't know... what's your mom's name?

Your parents too poor to send you to school ? Just because your father refuse to work ? :biggrin: . Well, if your father love to relax .. And your mother loves to work , he can always pimp her ....need Any customer ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is earning money that difficult? In my world, earning money is easy. In fact it is quite fun. So much challenges and you can be creative to come up with new services and products that people would pay money for.

It is a kind of like having a hobby with some excitement thrown in it. I see many post here that shows signs of stress and fear when talking about money.

pls enlightened me.

For That, you have to ask bryanlim1972 since his father:cool: cannot bring in the $ home ..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is a very weak 3rd world mentality and tells you that South East Asian countries like Thailand and Singapore are still very backward

If the wife is better, she should be the breadwinner and the husband the full time caretaker. Obviously your useless peasant friend has an inflated ego :biggrin:

So this morning did you forget to wash your wife's underwear ? Do it now or else you won't have any food for dinner .. Now go !!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wow invert,

your wisdom in seeing things is quite similar as mine. Great minds think alike.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My thai friend might be old fashion ,but he & his wife spend more time with his children than most Sporean families. He has a maid but has not delegated to the maid the task of looking after his children :rolleyes:

Is this about 3rd world mentality or male chauvinisim:confused:

Aren't women, as the more nurturing sex better suited to look after the family? Even if the female wants to compete in the work place why should they get maternity leave while men get NS :eek:

In places like Sweden, Canada you have maternity/paternity leave, good & affordable day care,...., the proper infrastructure for single & working parents to bring up families.

Spore is a screwed up place where everyone has to scarmble for $$$ to survive for today & plan for their old age, since the gov't has no interest in looking after the peasants. It's difficult to plan for the future when they're constantly changing the CPF withdrawal rules & now threatening Spore's rice bowl.

People have to rely on maids from the 3rd world to look after the old & the young. Many children spend more time with a maid than their parents.

Is it any wonder that you can see "problems" among the young. Spore is a poor example of how things should be :(

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Spore is a screwed up place where everyone has to scarmble for $$$ to survive for today & plan for their old age, since the gov't has no interest in looking after the peasants. It's difficult to plan for the future when they're constantly changing the CPF withdrawal rules & now threatening Spore's rice bowl.

People have to rely on maids from the 3rd world to look after the old & the young. Many children spend more time with a maid than their parents.

Is it any wonder that you can see "problems" among the young. Spore is a poor example of how things should be

Totally agree!!!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I kind of look down on thai guys now ever since i know they beat woman and take their money. Only a low life will do that.

I can only comment on the thais that I know, the middle class professionals & business owners. Some have even studied in Spore & have an understanding of the Spore system :smile:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if your family dun want to leave with you.
better not go
money is nice, but think of worse it can happen, she leave with your kids to another man.

FT require family support, no family support no go.

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
.. $15K/month, plus free accommodation and tax equalization, and 2 return ticket back to Singapore every year. The condition is that I must base in Kuwait for 2 years until the project ends.

Your package should include :

1. Basic salary
2. Accommodation / transport
3. Utilities - water electricity broadband cable tv
4 Laundry
5 relocation fees / children's school fees
6 air tickets every 6 months
7 home leave / annual leave
8 medical insurance / accident ins
9 demob payout
10 shipping cost for stuff home

If you get lesser than these than your HR just fucked you wholesale, the white boys doing the same work as u gets all these..:wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your package should include :

1. Basic salary
2. Accommodation / transport
3. Utilities - water electricity broadband cable tv
4 Laundry
5 relocation fees / children's school fees
6 air tickets every 6 months
7 home leave / annual leave
8 medical insurance / accident ins
9 demob payout
10 shipping cost for stuff home

If you get lesser than these than your HR just fucked you wholesale, the white boys doing the same work as u gets all these..:wink:

now ...i know why singaporean could not find a job ...they are too demanding ...:eek::rolleyes: