• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat O Bike Couple turn themselves in

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Likely just a fine which should not exceed 2k each.

uncle:
dun think they've committed any offence; both are going their part as good citizens... clearing rubbish in public and removing road hazards

it's the o bike that should be fined ... for not ensuring their customers leave their bikes properly...

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple caught tossing oBikes into drain turn themselves in to police
The couple were seen wheeling oBikes into a drain along Lower Delta Road.PHOTO: FACEBOOK/YEOH PEI CHING
PUBLISHED
1 HOUR AGO
FACEBOOK1,217TWITTER

Lydia Lam
SINGAPORE - The couple caught on camera tossing oBikes into a drain have turned themselves in to the police, The Straits Times has learnt.

The man and woman were seen in a viral video circulating from Tuesday (Nov 21) pushing at least two bicycles into a drain by a flight of stairs.

Lianhe Wanbao said in a report on Saturday (Nov 25) that they had in fact wheeled in three bicycles instead of just two.

The pair turned themselves in on Friday (Nov 24) morning at Bukit Merah East Neighbourhood Police Centre and are currently assisting in investigations, ST understands.

Police told ST on Saturday that a 37-year-old man and a 36-year-old woman are currently assisting in investigations.

If found guilty of mischief, they can be jailed for up to a year and/or fined.

The incident is believed to have occurred on Sunday (Nov 19), between 4pm and 5pm, along Lower Delta Road.

obike_dumping.jpg[/paste:font]
obike_dumping.jpg

Related Story
oBike files police report over shared bicycles dumped in drain
Local start-up oBike told ST on Tuesday that it had filed a police report over the matter.

After footage of the incident was posted online, it went viral quickly, with debate in the comments section.

Some slammed the couple while others derided the clutter shared bicycles cause.

oBike, which officially launched in Singapore in April and later expanded to other countries, such as Malaysia and Australia, has filed five police reports so far this year on vandalism and abuse cases.

These two are just criminals and should be treated as such. Whatever the excuse they will present, it is a fact that they damage/destroy property that are not theirs, litter/clog the drain (resulting in flooding of the vicinity), deprive others of the shared bike service, etc. They should be jailed and fined. Caning should be considered.

Their identities should be revealed in order to protect their employers or public from these criminals.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
these o bikes are really nuisance parking everywhere indiscriminately. The couple was just doing a thankless task by removing such hazard

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past PAP says cycling on pavement is wrong, now it says cycling on pavement is right.
So 2 legs good and 4 legs bad?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
All must take the blame, the Co., users and lta. The Co., for not providing proper parking lots, Users still living wit 3rd world mentality, lta for approving this whole scheme. Tis seldom seen in Europe and Uk.

grandtour

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rental bikes are blocking human walkways all over the place. Why should a piece of metal scrap be prioritized over human? If the bike sharing company does not even give a shit about their own property, why should anyone care? I would have given that couple a public service award and fine the bike company instead.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
sweetie: your uncle talk cock.. no horse run... as i have already told J333, the complaints received can even hang up the singapore pools ticket stations any time

i believe this's a staged drama... many of us have exhausted our patience with this bike nonsense
my uncle say the couple smart to surrender themselves if not mata can charge them for dump and run. He say now Mata need to consider to charge the couple or the co. so become a level game.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
But its been happily implemented in Taiwan for ages........

the taiwanese also hand carry out their home garbage to the streets, sort out the recycled manually themselves and wait for trucks to come... such is their standard of civil mindless, social discipline. ..

what sinkie-pore have is a rojak population with a rojak culture

pakchewcheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
These two are just criminals and should be treated as such. Whatever the excuse they will present, it is a fact that they damage/destroy property that are not theirs, litter/clog the drain (resulting in flooding of the vicinity), deprive others of the shared bike service, etc. They should be jailed and fined. Caning should be considered.

Their identities should be revealed in order to protect their employers or public from these criminals.

Public rotanning should be done!
Announce time and place so we can all gather there with our chips and dips and popcorn and beer to enjoy the show.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bike companies need to work with the gahmen n pay goodwill quid pro quo for the free parking everywhere (and the additional work to unclog drains and canals when unhappy people dump dockless rental bikes into drains and canals) with reciprocal payment forms such as free cycling during peak public transport hours to decrease public transport overload, free bicycle use on days when public transport breakdowns happen and free rides to the poor (especially the lazy and obese ones to help gahmen save $ on public transport vouchers) and a limited number of FOC rides for everyone to keep fit and decrease burden of gahmen to pay for diabetes treatments which are mostly secondary to a sedentary lifestyle; improve the environment/global warming by decreasing fossil fuel combustion /use.

Since public bike rental exists on a communitarian platform requiring the public to transact rentals independently, report damaged bicycles whenever they come across, park at proper areas, keep left when traveling except when overtaking etc, this public-private partnership is extremely important so that people feel loved by and thus for such public service companies so as not to dump bikes into drains and reservoirs. Bike companies and the gahmen have to collaborate so that society can be more egalitarian with the provision of such valuable public amenities and options towards a clean, green and healthy city landscape.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rental bikes are blocking human walkways all over the place. Why should a piece of metal scrap be prioritized over human? If the bike sharing company does not even give a shit about their own property, why should anyone care? I would have given that couple a public service award and fine the bike company instead.

These bikes were used by Indians too. Will you use the bike if it was seated by an Indian before you?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that Sporeans have been brought up believing that the "SYSTEM" works.
Well they are finding that the system doesn't work & they may have to work outside the system.

If you are going to be a vigilante you must take steps to appear that you "tried" to follow the law before breaking it :p
Hey, you have change for the better. You didn't manipulate others to get info for you this time round. Well done.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey, you have change for the better. You didn't manipulate others to get info for you this time round. Well done.

You should re-read my previous postings.
I don't use clones so it's easy to track down my past posts.

Where necessary I ask for clarification on topics that interest me, in particular info regarding Thailand, JB, .. and health issues.

Just like everyone else I have my own opinions & criticise accordingly.