• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nusa Idaman Community

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
No worries, i am not chief, just resident janitor here.

Hahaha just a form of respect that you took the intiative to set up the forum and benefits ppl who are looking into possible dreams!:smile:

Hear,hear. Ditto to DWKY9 comments.:smile:

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited 8B yesterday and had to change my ID for an entry pass at the security post to enter. I was happy that security has been stepped up at precint 8. Then I saw a mobile street hawker on a motorbike exiting the guard post freely.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who suscribed to cable TV, there is a reality show on home decor called The Apartment showing on Star World. The property in focal is terrace house in KL by Sime Darby. It is an interesting show as you might find some reno idea for your NI house.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who suscribed to cable TV, there is a reality show on home decor called The Apartment showing on Star World. The property in focal is terrace house in KL by Sime Darby. It is an interesting show as you might find some reno idea for your NI house.

we were there on sat morning, we went to sales office to get a pass but they were not opened yet so the guard just walkie talkie to the guard in 8 that a sg car is coming and they let us in wo any ID exchange.
Did u pop by 8A to see their renovations ? we managed to talked to a contractor and get to view the house and manage to find out the costs for comparison....
any idea just to activate the auto gate point RM1500 expensive or not ?

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
we were there on sat morning, we went to sales office to get a pass but they were not opened yet so the guard just walkie talkie to the guard in 8 that a sg car is coming and they let us in wo any ID exchange.
Did u pop by 8A to see their renovations ? we managed to talked to a contractor and get to view the house and manage to find out the costs for comparison....

http://iskandarliving.com/blog/?p=311 -> If the figures here are an indication, then RM1500 should be ok gua.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM1400 - RM1500 to activate the auto gate is about right.

Some renovations over at 8A seems extensive. Is 8A covered under DMC?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

yup. they are too ...... how extensive? i only see balcony n gates n side walls changed. so far e only family who moved in first, e reno are slightly nicer n eye soothing ....

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, but the DMC covers only the security of Precinct 8. Nothing stated about exterior facade cannot be changed.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I read the DMC was months ago. I vaguely remember the document mentioning something about conserving an uniform facade throughout the precint. I was wondering then who or which authority approves the renovation on the facade. If those modications on the balcony and walls at 8A are permissible, I am very delighted. I would like to extend my balcony too so that I can comfortably sit there to enjoy sun rise.

Anyway, I'll read up the DMC again when I have the time.

Yes, but the DMC covers only the security of Precinct 8. Nothing stated about exterior facade cannot be changed.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I read the DMC was months ago. I vaguely remember the document mentioning something about conserving an uniform facade throughout the precint. I was wondering then who or which authority approves the renovation on the facade. If those modications on the balcony and walls at 8A are permissible, I am very delighted. I would like to extend my balcony too so that I can comfortably sit there to enjoy sun rise.

Anyway, I'll read up the DMC again when I have the time.

Tho mine is 8B DMC, I am pretty sure it similar except for some items like period of security management under the developer (2 years for 8B instead of 3 years for 8A as 8A is an earlier phase). NI is under MPJBT local authority. This can be seen in the Local Authority's stamp on the SPA and DMC documents as these require stamping by local authority before it is legally enforceable.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am in 8B too, neighbour.

Tho mine is 8B DMC, I am pretty sure it similar except for some items like period of security management under the developer (2 years for 8B instead of 3 years for 8A as 8A is an earlier phase). NI is under MPJBT local authority. This can be seen in the Local Authority's stamp on the SPA and DMC documents as these require stamping by local authority before it is legally enforceable.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
today went to ni and they were doing thorough washing and cleaning in my house. so nice of the workers still let us in and told us be extremely careful as it was soapy n slippery .....
am so happy that i dun see e prayer room speakers which use to face my masterbedroom as P8d house has blocked it!
hopefully keys collection soon!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
today went to ni and they were doing thorough washing and cleaning in my house. so nice of the workers still let us in and told us be extremely careful as it was soapy n slippery .....
am so happy that i dun see e prayer room speakers which use to face my masterbedroom as P8d house has blocked it!
hopefully keys collection soon!

tiong 大嬏.. maybe they've upgraded to doby studio surround sound.. titter.gif

Last edited:

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho, if its meant for own stay retirement home, I say dig into savings and go for HH terrace. Semi-dee and cluster would be too big for an "empty nester". An endlot would prolly be a good compromise instead of SemiDee/cluster.
I have seen my friend's granny living in a Petaling Jaya double storey terrace house but stuck to the ground floor guest room cos old ppl have trouble climbing up and down the stairs. Imagine if you have a big house and 3 storeys as a retirement home, your upper levels gonna be seldom utilised.

Speaking as Semi Retired & had exp staying in Landed & Apt. Yes Terrace will be already too Big for Retirees.
My 1st Choice "High rise Condo", pay more for "Monthly Maintenance" n you get a nice manicure Garden for TaiChi, yr Pool will entice yr G'Kids to visit you on weekend in Old Age. WHY SLAVE AWAY IN THE BIG HOUSE WITH STAIR CLIMBING, CLEANING & GARDEN WEEDING IN YOUR OLD AGE ? My 2 Cents !!

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking as Semi Retired & had exp staying in Landed & Apt. Yes Terrace will be already too Big for Retirees.
My 1st Choice "High rise Condo", pay more for "Monthly Maintenance" n you get a nice manicure Garden for TaiChi, yr Pool will entice yr G'Kids to visit you on weekend in Old Age. WHY SLAVE AWAY IN THE BIG HOUSE WITH STAIR CLIMBING, CLEANING & GARDEN WEEDING IN YOUR OLD AGE ? My 2 Cents !!

Will the jb condo gets more and more rundown by the time we retire? thats what i observe in many jb condos.... especially those more than 3 yrs (where the maintenance is handled over to the resident commitee)

Whats ur take?

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will the jb condo gets more and more rundown by the time we retire? thats what i observe in many jb condos.... especially those more than 3 yrs (where the maintenance is handled over to the resident commitee)

Whats ur take?

So the response will be get a high end condo to minimise the risk of non performing maintenance but that will come will heft monthly charges. Given that when you are retired you would naturally want to cut costs unless of course money is not an issue. Well, to each his own I guess, there are pros and cons in condo living vs landed.

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whats ur take?

This is M'sia common Condo maintenance problem. Buying new Condo with a higher Foreigners Ownership may help but this is only my HOPE. Guess living in JB is not to be likes in S'pore lor.