• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS law professor in CPIB probe over exchanging grades for sex

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn. The fucking bitch must blabber and get people into trouble. How come she is not charged for offering sex for grades, which is corruption?

If the law prof is convicted, then she should be sacked from her job. That will be karmic justice.

she should be named and shamed as a certain man called Philip did with bond breakers

M

Mdm Tang

This has been happening for years..............even in the 80's.....

just came back . This new bedded lawyer practising certificate is on the line ....

LSS under pressured now ...

Her firm is also under pressure ...

M

Mdm Tang

just came back . This new bedded lawyer practising certificate is on the line ....

LSS under pressured now ...

Her firm is also under pressure ...

Professor Simon Chesterman Not going to like this :

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/nus-law-professor-faces-corruption-charges.html

National University of Singapore associate law professor Tey Tsun Hang was charged Friday morning with six counts of corruption in a sex-for-grades scandal.

In two of the charges, Tey, 41, a former district judge, was accused of having corruptly obtained sexual gratification from a Darinne Ko Wen Hui in July 2010, when she had been a student at NUS, as inducement for showing favour in assessing her academic performance, court documents showed.

In the other charges, Tey allegedly obtained from Ko from May to July that same year a Mont Blanc pen worth S$740, two tailor-made shirts valued at S$236.20, an iPod Touch worth S$160 and payment of a bill amounting to S$1,278.60.

After his court appearance, Tey spoke to reporters and noted the seriousness of the charges and allegations against him.

"At stake is my liberty, integrity and livelihood. My reputation has been tarnished and my family suffers a as result," he said.

"I am known to speak up, amongst other things, on the Singapore legal system. I write in good faith, and with no ill intent. In similar vein, I shall fearlessly defend myself against the charges, and vigorously.

"I have no illusion about the arduous journey ahead of me.

"I pray for a worthy trial -- a trial that allows the truth to come to light, a trial that allows me to vindicate myself," he said.

Tey appeared at the Subordinate Courts close to 930am Friday with a walking stick and accompanied by a team of lawyers.

The pre-trial conference has been set for 23 August. His passport has been impounded.

It was disclosed in court on Friday that Tey had been taken in for questioning by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau on Thursday morning and released only after midnight.

On Friday, an NUS spokesperson said that the university has started an investigation into the case and suspended Tey from active duty.

"The University takes a very serious view of breaches of its regulations. NUS has a Code of Conduct to which its staff must adhere. In the event of breaches, appropriate action will be taken including dismissal for serious violations of the Code of Conduct," the spokesperson said.

It is understood that the Ko made the first move in approaching the professor, who is married with a daughter.

Ko, who has since graduated from NUS, was not arrested, although her statements were taken. According to The New Paper, which broke the story, Ko is currently a pupil at a local law firm.

Other local media reported that she had told some of her friends about her deal with Tey, believing it had blown over.

Before starting work at NUS Law, Tey was a district judge with Singapore's Subordinate Courts, and had even spent time as a state counsel at the legislation division of the Attorney-General's Chambers.

He did his postgraduate civil law degree at Oxford University, as well as his undergraduate law baccalaureate at King's College London, and had been practicing for a number of years at a top firm here.

Current students at NUS Faculty of Law described Tey as “charismatic”, “nice” and “eccentric”.

Related Article:

t123

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I pray for a worthy trial -- a trial that allows the truth to come to light, a trial that allows me to vindicate myself," he said. by Tey. Similar to Kong Hee. But he may stand better chance because he was part of the blood hounds.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"I pray for a worthy trial -- a trial that allows the truth to come to light, a trial that allows me to vindicate myself," he said. by Tey. Similar to Kong Hee. But he may stand better chance because he was part of the blood hounds.

Based on what was reported, it would require a miracle for him to be acquitted. If he was 'part of the blood hounds', you and I won't be reading about this case.

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay, want to bet or not ? Got "compulsory routines" like blow jobs and ass rimming or not ?

NGB and PL may have already set the standards for compulsory routines in such cases.

jw5

Loyal
After his court appearance, Tey spoke to reporters and noted the seriousness of the charges and allegations against him.

"At stake is my liberty, integrity and livelihood. My reputation has been tarnished and my family suffers a as result," he said.

Mrs Tey, please don't make a statement to the press that you believe in his professional integrity, like what a certain Mrs Ng did.
If you want, you can make that statement in court.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Integrity is a foreign concept to Sinkies. After all, integrity can neither put food on the table nor bring home bread and butter. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Integrity is a foreign concept to Sinkies. After all, integrity can neither put food on the table nor bring home bread and butter. :rolleyes:

This is the anthem of Sinkies without integrity.

"We will porlumpar whoever that has the most money!"

[video=youtube;dw3kQHFBWZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw3kQHFBWZo[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: NUS Law Prof in Sex - For -Grades scandal

Subhash wanted to open a legal clinic in Hougang. Has he done it yet

Many "needy" people there in need of proffessional advice.

Business is certainly booming for Sinkieland's very own mercenary Justice Bao.

Quan Yi Fong, the underage prostitute shaggers and now this NUS Law professor.

Huat ah!

subhas.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Okay, want to bet or not ? Got "compulsory routines" like blow jobs and ass rimming or not ?

NGB and PL may have already set the standards for compulsory routines in such cases.

Since standards set by the 2 uniformed group chaps then it's called SOP

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they should name the student too. after all, she propositioned him.

In the days of "cloak and dagger" Communist Soviet Union, the KGB used beautiful young girls to entice and trap gullible males.

These young girls were called "sparrows".

They will usually lure the "bait" into bed in a place where there were hidden cameras.

They will then blackmail the person concerned - usually someone from foreign missions abroad.

The "trapped animal" will then beg for mercy and give in to their demands that usually meant "exposure of state secrets".

Once trapped the "victim" will continuously be used.

You may remember an official from Singapore Foreign Ministry was caught in such a situation in Moscow many years ago.

He could not tahan the "messy situation" and continuous threats that he finally admitted to the Singapore MFA. He was brought home immediately.

All these people holding high positions should be made to attend such courses to alert themselves to such possibilities.

So many top civil servants have been caught.

What is our country doing to curtail such a scenario in future.

However, it must be remembered that temptation is something difficult to avoid.

There was a joke about a man charged in court for Sex With Minor.

The Judge asked him what he had to say in his defence.

He replied, "Your Honour being a male knows well and and all males know full well to, that a "standing cock" is no respector of any laws."

M

Mdm Tang

why Prof walking with "tongkat" ...

what happened to his legs ; he only 41..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the days of "cloak and dagger" Communist Soviet Union, the KGB used beautiful young girls to entice and trap gullible males.

These young girls were called "sparrows".

They will usually lure the "bait" into bed in a place where there were hidden cameras.

They will then blackmail the person concerned - usually someone from foreign missions abroad.

The "trapped animal" will then beg for mercy and give in to their demands that usually meant "exposure of state secrets".

Once trapped the "victim" will continuously be used.

You may remember an official from Singapore Foreign Ministry was caught in such a situation in Moscow many years ago.

He could not tahan the "messy situation" and continuous threats that he finally admitted to the Singapore MFA. He was brought home immediately.

All these people holding high positions should be made to attend such courses to alert themselves to such possibilities.

I remember reading about one case.
The civil servant who was originally entrapped, was also rewarded by the soviets & allowed to sell some art objects. Wasn't he caught rather than confessed:wink:

jw5

Loyal
The prosecution's case will probably be that she gave him sex and some material items, including payment of a bill as reported.
In return, he is guilty of corruption because he gave her a better grade than what she deserved.

After looking at the pictures of both Mr Tey and Ms Ko, we may be able to guess his defence.
His defence may be that he gave her sex.
In return, she gave him some material items, including payment of the bill.
She fully deserved the grade she got.
Hence, no corruption at all. The relationship may have been inapproprite given that she was his student, but no corruption.