• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NTUC FairPrice vs Sheng Siong

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, petrol stations do sell essential household items.
If i need, I just buy while topping up petrol.
No need the long queue in Ntuc.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal
1611701780407.png

1611701816119.png

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
lucky we Coles and Woolworths supermarket here in Australia the thing here is about the same price as in singapore and the BEST part is they always have Discounts!

NTUC when it just started it WAS affordable then they slowly increase the price i rather buy from mamak shop and support them then buying from NTUC :smile:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
lucky we Coles and Woolworths supermarket here in Australia the thing here is about the same price as in singapore and the BEST part is they always have Discounts!

NTUC when it just started it WAS affordable then they slowly increase the price i rather buy from mamak shop and support them then buying from NTUC :smile:
Hello bro, i remember you who live in Aus happily ever after, retired and take care of kids and happy family.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sheng siong give bonus when company making profit. How about Sinkie? Can get back their hard earned cpf ? Don’t talk about bonus ok. I just want my cpf money

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN ntuc no fight la KNN

https://www.todayonline.com/singapo...onths-bonus-after-tremendous-performance-2020

But funny lo every company pays already higher celeried worker higher bonus than lower grade workers KNN smlj logic KNN even annual leave the already higher celeried workers get more KNN

Have lah. Tis cheena work as garbage collector. He got promoted to CAPTAIN and pay rise too. Progressive wage model. But he shy to tell us how much his pay.

1611711763166.png

In 2015, Mr Lim Peng Soon joined the waste management industry as a garbage truck driver.

After undergoing training and upgrading his skills over the last five years, the 46-year-old now oversees a team of around 100 workers.

His pay has also gone up, though he declined to say by how much.

Mr Lim works for SembWaste.

The company implemented its own progressive wage model (PWM) five years ago, after consultations with the Building Construction and Timber Industries Employees' Union.

"When I first joined the company, I thought I would just be a garbage truck driver. I didn't expect that I would become a team captain," said Mr Lim, who had worked as a truck driver prior to joining SembWaste.

He added that he appreciates the company's wage ladder, which provides him with the opportunity to upgrade his skills and get higher wages.

Dr Koh Poh Koon, deputy secretary-general of the National Trades Union Congress, told reporters at the end of a visit to SembWaste yesterday: "The progressive companies are already trying on their own some of the principles behind PWM, because they see a need for them to be able to attract talent.

"The question now is... can they have the same effect on the rest of the ecosystem and pull everybody along as well?"

Mr Lim, who is married and father of a 16-year-old, said he likes that his job challenges him and allows him to pick up new skills.

He added that having a PWM for the entire waste management industry would help attract more locals to it.

"People think that working in this industry is 'smelly', but actually you just get used to it after a while. It is whether you have the right mindset," he said.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My uncle told me that many sinkie like to work as garbage truck drivers because they can drive the garbage trucks to fetch their wives to orchard to buy LV and fetch their children to attend tuition and school at Nanyang

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hao Mart is on the ascendancy now. It has opened many new outlets, and all the outlets are at 'strategic' locations.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I shop at neither. Nothing but the best quality groceries for the Tan family. Only losers and paupers shop at ntuc and sheng siong.

So like me you shop at places like Cold Storage Marketplace Meidi-ya and specialty meat shops. :wink: