• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSRA: You getting $0/$3000/$9000/$10500

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Papers keep harping about NSmen recognized for contributions and will be rewarded between 9000 to 10500. But the truth is the MAJORITY will be getting $0 to $3000.

So where are you my SB bros? Where do you fall?

I am $0 with hope of getting $3000 if i can tahan to finish the second half of my ICT cycle.

Recognising citizen servicemen

What is the NSRA?

It's a monetary award of up to $10,500 for each citizen National Serviceman by the time he completes his Operationally Ready National Service training cycle.

Will citizens who have completed their reservist training cycle be eligible?

No.

Will full-time NSmen whose ORD (operationally-ready date) was on or after Aug 29, but brought forward due to the two-month fitness incentive, be eligible?

Yes, they will be.

What happens to the sum in the Post-Secondary Education Account if a full-time NSman does not use it for studies?

All unused funds in the account will be transferred to the Central Provident Fund Ordinary Account when the member reaches 30.

Will all active servicemen, regardless of Physical Employment Status, be eligible?

Yes.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if you get the maximum $9,000, it is all stuck inside the CPeeF! I wonder why everyone kick up a big fuss over this sum of money. It is as good as not getting anything at all.

Looks like Sinkies are still Sinkies after all. After you fuck them upside down liao, throw them a bone and they say "better than nothing!"

Maybe getting cancer is "better than nothing"! :oIo:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cooleo, I wonder why everyone kick up a big fuss over this sum of money.
when gahment give free $$$, take it becos they will get it back from you some way or another.

May be U super rich that why...

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if you get the maximum $9,000, it is all stuck inside the CPeeF! I wonder why everyone kick up a big fuss over this sum of money. It is as good as not getting anything at all.

Looks like Sinkies are still Sinkies after all. After you fuck them upside down liao, throw them a bone and they say "better than nothing!"

Maybe getting cancer is "better than nothing"! :oIo:

Thats where you wrong bro. You can use the money to lower you current outstanding HDB loan. People do this with cash every once in a while but with 9k in COF, it would help alot.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think no amount of money can compensate for time lost of youth and lost opportunities for NS.

I recognise the need to serve NS and such. its not about monetary rewards or such...how about guaranteeing NS guys min. pay or even better - at least a 3-room HDB flat (free or half paid) whether he marries or not. You can also include other limitations like, paying for upgrades or minimum occupancy period etc. But at least, when he gets married, he already have a flat. if he later choose to upgrade or what, that is his choice.

This will go long way to show the country values the soldier that defend her.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think most of you here got it wrong! This NS reward is a bait for those young PR to accept citizenship and serve NS! not for you or me who are local bred! look at the cut off date, only those rod after 29 aug are benefit. i think they are having lesser NS man because local bred young men are getting lesser due to lower birth rate, so they come out with this award as a bait to lure those young PRs to do NS.

not many of us really benefit from it! if they across the board everyone get one payment 9k, even its topping up in cpf ordinary ac. everyone happy! but look at it now!!! this thing will back fire during this coming GE!!! now piss off all the 老兵!!! im quite disappointed that the opposition never see this point, but i will still vote for opposition even he is a road sweeper with primary school qualifications. because only more and more opposition in parliament then it will attract more able people to join the opposition. LHL is really digging his own grave. look at taiwan how they treat those 老兵!!! even address them as 荣民!!! for sinkapoor, its you die (during NS or Reservist) your problem!!! KNNBCCB!!!

LHL I AM FEELING BETRAY BY OUR GOVERNMENT!!! 卖国贼!!!

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
according to what i understand from their staggered pay out, not every NSman gets $9k. some will get $3k, some $6k... only fresh ORDed servicemen shall get to whole $9k.

fresh ORD serviceman will receive $3k upon ORD, $3k on recieving 5yr good service, & last installment of $3k upon MR & recieving 10yr long service. commanders 3SG & above pro-rated as per mentioned in the papers. others who've suffered before this lot of boy scouts, we're expected to spread our legs wide & enjoy the pre-existing, on-going & more to come fisting.

appreciation? its bollocks at its best:

new ORD NSmen
$9000 divide 10yrs = $900 a yr
$900 divide 52wks = $17.307 a wk
$17.307 divided 7days = $2.472 a day (can't even afford 1 meal of chicken rice avg $3)

NSmen serving midway
$6000 divide 10yrs = $600 a yr
$600 divide 52wk = $11.538 a wk
$11.538 divide 7days = $1.648 a day (not enough to buy medium coke from macdonald's)

NSmen awaiting MR soon
$3000 divide 10yrs = $300 a yr
$300 divide 52wks = $5.769 a wk
$5.769 divide 7days = $0.824 a day (enough for 1 cup kopi at coffeeshop)

basically CPF is just numbers printed in record, but u can't even touch. needless to say, pay for some of the daily little needs.

laidback

Alfrescian
Loyal
I rather spend some money get my medical problems properly documented and downgrade siam all the ICTs then collect the miserable handout.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i think no amount of money can compensate for time lost of youth and lost opportunities for NS.

Lost youth???? :eek: You talk as if you've been sentenced to 20 years of solitary confinement. :rolleyes:

NS lasts but 2 years and everyone has a ball of a time. I can honestly say that it was the best period of my life. I pretty much got paid for doing nothing and having no responsibilities whatsoever. It was really fun being surrounded by friends galore with free squash courts, free food, free snooker tables and a host of fun activities like blowing up stuff with det cords, demolishing buildings with grenade launchers, helicopter recce trips etc.

Anyone who complains about NS is a fuckwit.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two weeks ago, one of my relative wanted to apply for a half year internship (paying SGD30 per day) through a professional body. So I fetched him there, and waited an hour for the manager in-charge of such applications.

When he informed the manager whom is a sinkie lady that he needs to go for 2 weeks ICT next week, she told him not to apply because those who need to go for ICT is not eligible.:mad:

KNN, own sinkie professional establishment and staff who are the beneficiaries of the security made possible by the contribution of NSmen, dont even care to negotiate with companies for NSmen.

Best part, I was told by my relative just yesterday when we talked about the SGD9k incentive..... majority of the interns accepted are foreign students.

And now, he dont have to go ICT because unit clerk cockup.

Sinkies screw sinkies, from the above incident, every common men and women in the streets are just as responsible for the future of born and bred sinkie.

I recognise the need to serve NS and such. its not about monetary rewards or such...how about guaranteeing NS guys min. pay or even better - at least a 3-room HDB flat (free or half paid) whether he marries or not. You can also include other limitations like, paying for upgrades or minimum occupancy period etc. But at least, when he gets married, he already have a flat. if he later choose to upgrade or what, that is his choice.

This will go long way to show the country values the soldier that defend her.