• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP Tampines GRC Strategy

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the script on how NSP is going win the opposition's first GRC.

The guy in the toilet is the Mah Bow Tan, the announcer is Ramseth and the lead singer is GMS in skirt.

Elections begins at 2.30min of the video.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BA7fdSkp8ds&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BA7fdSkp8ds&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is YPAP. Young but still good.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/031N31B4EvM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/031N31B4EvM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I come out rather well in your cameo. Perhaps I should consider being election rally announcer.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys are a class act and you will get Tampanies. PAP ground survey just done is screwed for Tampines. They are serously considering moving a powerful no. 2 from 3rd generation.

I come out rather well in your cameo. Perhaps I should consider being election rally announcer.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody stole it. Just as he failed to anticipate demand for HDB flats, causing prices to shoot, he did not check if the paper ran out.

Figuratively speaking, he is still in the loo.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nobody stole it. Just as he failed to anticipate demand for HDB flats, causing prices to shoot, he did not check if the paper ran out.

Hahaha. Want to shit never anticipate the need for toilet paper? He could get away with it if he's a dog. Othersiwse, still in the loo. :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You guys are a class act and you will get Tampanies. PAP ground survey just done is screwed for Tampines. They are serously considering moving a powerful no. 2 from 3rd generation.

Dear Scroobal,

I like your humor but jokes aside, I am pretty worried and curious about your information here. Are they really going to move the "powerful no. 2 from 3rd generation" to Tampines? Who is it? In my scenario planning, I did consider such possibility and there is only one person that I am really worried about among PAP's rank and file. :wink:

In all honesty, I do not think we have garner enough vote swing to win Tampines just yet. I did the ground work there and have a good feel of the ground. I need at least another 10% swing to win Tampines.

Goh Meng Seng

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10% vote swing is very big.

anyway NSP need 18.5% vote swing to win Tampines GRC. Taking into consideration - uniform swing of nationwide votes affecting all constituencies, what I see is there need to be probably 12% nationwide swing to oppositions next GE then NSP have to win the remaining 6.5% for themselves to win this GRC.

The question is the 12% nationwide votes swing to oppositions going to happen?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. As Sideswipe pointed out, you need 18.%5 swing to get there. The Australians politics call it "the worm turning" and its in your favour and there is momentum.

They are considering seriously but they have not decided. It would be massive if they lose 2 heavies at one go. They might relent and do a Lim Hwee Hua scenario.

Like the 91 BeeS, they are caught out as your minister specific is new and unexpected. Old man already has fired one round to no or little effect.

Just make sure that public profile is kept up. The press will do what they did in 97 and 2001 where they did not talk or mention about BeeS despite less than 50% less at stake. I am pretty sure, HDB news will be low profile.

By the way, they are aware of NSP's best showing of 40% in 91 and that is an added factor for them.

In all honesty, I do not think we have garner enough vote swing to win Tampines just yet. I did the ground work there and have a good feel of the ground. I need at least another 10% swing to win Tampines.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are right. As Sideswipe pointed out, you need 18.%5 swing to get there. The Australians politics call it "the worm turning" and its in your favour and there is momentum.

They are considering seriously but they have not decided. It would be massive if they lose 2 heavies at one go. They might relent and do a Lim Hwee Hua scenario.

Like the 91 BeeS, they are caught out as your minister specific is new and unexpected. Old man already has fired one round to no or little effect.

Just make sure that public profile is kept up. The press will do what they did in 97 and 2001 where they did not talk or mention about BeeS despite less than 50% less at stake. I am pretty sure, HDB news will be low profile.

By the way, they are aware of NSP's best showing of 40% in 91 and that is an added factor for them.

Dear Scroobal,

The minister-specific strategy will be more deadly and effective if more political parties start using it.

After GE 2006, I have my own private Post Morten on the elections. Someone has asked me recently on what are the things we did not do to make GE 2006 more successful. My answer is that we do not have a more focus messaging strategy.

On top of that, we did not convince voters why they should vote out a minister and replacing him with our team. Singapore voters are pragmatic people but inherently, they will make unfair comparisons between the strongest link in PAP team with the weakest link in opposition link.

Thus there are two approaches to this problem. One is to strengthen our weakest link while the other, is to weaken their strongest link. There are limitations on how we could strengthen our weakest link but there are many opportunities for us to weaken their strongest link.

This sum up the lessons learned from GE2006. However, most of the time, opposition parties and members are not confident enough to take on a minister in his turf... his field and ministry's policies. I decided to take on MBT on his HDB policies. The rest is history.

There are quite a number of differences in this approach as compared to the conventional opposition electioneering. The conventional approach is to hit only when the elections is near. There are a few considerations behind this approach. It is a "quick potshot" approach, more like a hit and run kind of warfare. But such approach lacks punch, power and scattered.

The ministerial specific approach needs to start early with sustainable firepower. Thus, it is important to play the cards right. Not a one time big burst of firepower and then, punctured/run out of ammo for the rest of the battle. The messages must get viral. As you have illustrated, it is "the worm turning" process. The message must go through the fermentation process thus the battle will have to start well before the Elections start.

However, there is a risk that the ruling parties will start to amend policies and adjust their positions constantly and make these issues invalid. Thus, the tempo of the battle is very important. Unfortunately for MBT, housing problems will take years to correct. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro,

he might just use his fingers and get his hands dirty :eek::eek::eek:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You certainly have spotted the issues and planned well.

If no issues are present, then it will be the PAP. Housing was the central issue in Anson by elections. It was also the issue for Hougang because of the relocation and displacement of the large Teochew community and the people in that area.

Then we have the people effect - Seow, Tang , etc. This is where the messaging is important. I feel that all members in a GRC team need to have their profile known and kept high on the radar. They should be given opportunities to do things on their own. Its the Chiam effect. The press before he was elected used to write about his wife and his VW and it became symbolic of the underdog. He was no flashy lawyer neither did he have good oratorical skills. He had no party. There must be publicity programs for the minority candidates addressing the concern of the minorities. Its not going to solve an issue but the young and the disgruntled amongst can put a face to a name.

As you pointed out, its down to messaging. A good start would be using the net - a blog page, even a static one.

The minister-specifi strategy will be more deadly and effective if more political parties start using it.

Singapore voters are pragmatic people but inherently, they will make unfair comparisons between the strongest link in PAP team with the weakest link in opposition link.

It is a "quick potshot" approach, more like a hit and run kind of warfare. But such approach lacks punch, power and scattered.

The ministerial specific approach needs to start early with sustainable firepower. Thus, it is important to play the cards right. Not a one time big burst of firepower and then, punctured/run out of ammo for the rest of the battle. The messages must get viral.

However, there is a risk that the ruling parties will start to amend policies and adjust their positions constantly and make these issues invalid. Thus, the tempo of the battle is very important. Unfortunately for MBT, housing problems will take years to correct. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng