• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP statement on Hougang BE & GMS

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is WP trying to say that NSP politcal strategy is absurd? With these kind of arguments, certainly WP looks like a bigger bully then PAP.

What does Perspective's comments have to do with WP? Perspective represents WP?

Anecdotal my friend, but of course you will look the other way.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anecdotal my friend, but of course you will look the other way.

I'm looking at what is and what isn't, nothing else.

Anecdotal? Sure. I accept anecdotal, which means your statement is casual, without rigour and somewhat baseless. Please don't take the adjectives personally. I'm trying to be anecdotal too.

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issues:

1. The whole release is meaningless as it wants to tell the world 2 things - GMS is not your member and you are keeping your options open. These, the whole world knows already. Shinmin, TRE and TT has done it for you. Your decision thought processes were messy in the first place and you have to remind the public again.

2. The manner it tells the world that GMS is no longer a member amounts to disassociation from someone who was your leader. No matter what happens, keep it low. Look at SDP and WP and the way it responses to resignations.

3. Whether contesting the Hougang BE is a black-white yes or no decision and how that can be consider "political strategy" is beyond me. No one is asking for your candidate's identity or how do you want to justify your decision.

4. A point I have raised before - continuing to keep your options open gives every other party eyeing your previous contested wards the same reason to keep their options open in future. And keeping options open does not a necessary lead to a "no". You may say "no" to Hougang this time, but others may say "yes" in 2016.

5. At this point, if you say "no" by the time it comes, people would see is as false bravado and slow decision-making (since other parties like SDA, RP, SDP, SPP already said yes months before you) and you say "yes", you as a party is also politically finished. Lose-lose situation.

6. In addition, it still contradicts Nicole's statement.

1. Others tock fer U isn't the same as u tock ... NSP made an official party statement. Dat shld sort out the rumors fr the realigned truth ...

2. GMS's relation wif some key members in NSP is below rock bottom ... not difficult to understand Y NSP statement says 'dat focker is no longer 1 of us so dun confuse his words wif official NSP position' ... yes a little hard, but still factually & politically correct

3, 4, 5. Wat if .......... So much tock over NSP contesting against WP .... but consider tis, During GE2011, WP & NSP rub against ea other over constituencies to fight, GMS was 1 of the lead architect of the NSP GE strategy .... WP got the upper hand in the end ..., NSP not happy but cooperated fer the greater Oppo gd ...... WP is growing stronger, but it's dark side is oso growing, & GMS saw it ........ if left unattended, WP cld replace PAP & bcum the next imperial ruling party, one evil replacing another .........

At tis pace, WP will soon not nid to negotiate wif any party .... a bad trend, its starting oredy, GMS saw it ...... so too some sharp observers ... in comes NSP, the 3rd largest force (SDP is gaining grd but nids 1 or 2 GE more to gain momentum & trust) ... NSP nids to retain 3rd choice to guard its growth & FUTURE EXISTENCE. NSP nids to contest in many wards, but NSP is not stoopid now to contest HG bcus NSP rather be in LTK's gd bk now then to hv WP destroy them in the next GE by going to NSP's turf & effectively destroy NSP's hope & future .... remember, WP can destroy NSP, NSP unable to destroy WP, if u r running NSP, wld u not b in gd terms wif LTK to extract gd will fer future GE wards during negotiation? Besides, i tink NSP is doing WP a favor by not saying whether they'll contest in HG (of course they wont lah), tis way, other smaller parties will not want to go to HG (bcus if NSP go oso, smaller parties sure lose deposit in 4 corners fight) ............ NSP is helping WP dude!!

6. Nicole is not the President or SG of NSP, jas like GMS, so Y take wat she says abt the party so seriously? She's mainly tocking abt her self & her own opinion of respect fer LTK, dun nid wat backgrd political advisor to teach lah! Even an amateur will say dat w/o a 2nd tot. Wat is true is dat she duzn contest in HG dun mean other NSP member wont, remember, her opinion of her own position is the oni statement she nid to take responsibility fer, NSP position is fer NSP to state, & thus the NSP press statement ............ Simple & True.

Yeah, tis all may sound like rubbish now ..... ask the rite ppl & the truth will reveal ..........

And finally, GMS has no positive strategy fer NSP or WP, he's been there, seen it, & now he's out in the wilderness, a political nomad voicing his personal views, some strange, others destructive .... bcus he's seen it ...... Oppos r made of humans too, & GMS saw their weaknesses ..... & he can't stand it .... he is now filled wif disappointment, anger, even vengeance, & lost .... U hv got to be where he had been, seen wat he has seen to understand Y Oppo is not necessary the greener grass SG seek ............ & Y a man who tinks he's God of SG Politics feel frustrated he can't alter fate