• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS reservist RT

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi does anyone know the facts behind RT?

cos everyday along bkt timah i see a whole line of cars for NS men driving to MAju camp for what i can assume only to be RT

what happens that causes this? whats the whole ippt debacle? does any1 have the facts?

like IPPT for NS mean PES c1 to A every year. how does it go? do enlighten us

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
i know but to accurately present the facts surrounding the whole ns debacle we must know of all the procedures of 'time wasting' accurately

Cactaur

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a repeat customer of Maju RT this is my experience:

You do RT cos you fail IPPT, whether its bo chap and miss your window or really CMI. The window is before your birthday so you have 364 days to train & pass, otherwise spend 8-20 sessions clocking in at 6pm to train/ waste time.

Whether you waste time is up to you, really train seriously or just go thru motion. Cos they're not going to force you, if you don't want to run or put effort they can't do anything, only hold you until release time. They also don't want you to drop dead on their watch.

By law your employer has to let you go for RT, if he's not happy with it... well the onus is on you to pass. That's what the 364 days are for. Some of us in shitty jobs that end late, its an excuse to get out early. Others like my friend who have to travel frequently overseas no choice have to buck up his lifestyle and pass every year.

tookara

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok so reporting time is 6pm for these guys till what time? and how many RT sessions?

thanks cos i m trying to be factual in presenting a case for the people to see how they are being screwed (as if they didn't already realise)

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
In recession, you can bet even more people fail. In good times also confirm many people fail. Why?

In good times and bad, employers will bad mouth Sinkies say we find excuse to knock off early. Not as hardworking as the FT, not willing to work shift or a bit extra. That will cause Sinkies to have no time to prepare for stupid IPPT which was developed by SSC but now used by SAF as standard!

SSC develop things is for sports use. Not military use. And SAF officers being untalented as they are, of course just plagerise. Then blame SSC if they ever screw up.

Now recession. even worse. If ICA give many may FTs become SPRs, we are fucked royaly again by FT policy, multitasking policy and SAF IPPT!

Multitasking was the "life saver" from again our wonderous out of this world scholars who themseleves can take 5 week leave for 1 million a year salaries. It is meant to reduce HR costs for employers. But they should instead break up GLC land companies and stop making rent expensive for businesses.

Cactaur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Report 6pm on weekdays or 4pm weekend. There is also morning session 8am. Each session max 4 hours, typically 3.

Phase 1 is 8 sessions. 1 weekday 1 weekend, u choose which wkday/weekend slot u want. Lesson 8 ippt if pass then no more rt, fail go phase 2.

Phase 2 is 12 sessions. 2 weekday 1 weekend. Ippt test at lesson 6 if pass no more rt. Fail finish the last 6 lessons. Final test whether pass or fail they have to let u go.

So you do min 8 sessions, or 14 or max 20.

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
RT, total waste of time.

Most of my wokers are not fit from the day they leave NS. Imagine they have to work like shit and stress out liao. Not to mention the time they took to get home. When they hit home, either they have to spend time with their family or other commitments.

I have to release them for RT? When the letter comes? THen who is going to take over their slot for work undone? Or important meetings?

It is high time the govenment look into this, asking their citizens to perform RT against their wishes, where they literally cannot MAINTAIN their fitness for the whole year, or so call the time period before their birthday. Fitness is not build up over a couple of weeks.

TO add on, I still have a bad knee from my own days of NS, and now, at old age, I cannot climb a fleet of stairs without some pain on my legs.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Report 6pm on weekdays or 4pm weekend. There is also morning session 8am. Each session max 4 hours, typically 3.

Phase 1 is 8 sessions. 1 weekday 1 weekend, u choose which wkday/weekend slot u want. Lesson 8 ippt if pass then no more rt, fail go phase 2.

Phase 2 is 12 sessions. 2 weekday 1 weekend. Ippt test at lesson 6 if pass no more rt. Fail finish the last 6 lessons. Final test whether pass or fail they have to let u go.

So you do min 8 sessions, or 14 or max 20.

The above is as per qouted by bro Cactaur, which SAF will reimburse you for an amount equal to half day of your last draw NSF allowance. Like me, a corporal in the late 90s, my allowance was around $350 per month, so SAF reimburse around $ 8+ for every single session i attended. And RT booking must be done within 03 months after birthday.

There is now another way to get around the RT, it call IPT. It let NSman to attend training voluntary. What it mean is that SAF WILL NOT reimburse NSman for the training attended. Although not reimburse, there an advantage for the NSman, as the training start at 1900hr. And also the NSman can choose the month he want to attend as long it before the end of his IPPT window. All he need to do is to attend 2 training session per week for 4 weeks, altogether 8 sessions. Nsman can choose either 1 weekday/1 weekend or 2 weekday session.

This IPT help Nsman from getting into trouble with his boss as he no need to leave early to attend RT at 1800hr. At most cannot work OT for that particular day. And also unlike RT which force NSman to attend irregard to his work schedule, IPT allow the NSman to plan his work, he can choose the period when his work load is light to attend.

RT was set up to punish NSman for not keeping fit, purposely made it so troublesome that it will force NSman to train for IPPT. But due to feedback from employers and also keep cost down, IPT was introduce. I am not kidding about cost, there as many as a battlion strength per RT session per Training Centre. that $8x1000menX3training centre=$24,000.00. There training everyday except for Friday. Weekend normally got more people attend and Sunday is two session. So it still altogether 7 session per week, that $24,000.00 x 7 sessions x 52 weeks = $ 8,736,000.00. It could be more as allowance for NSF had double since i ORDed.:cool:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
RT, total waste of time.

Most of my wokers are not fit from the day they leave NS. Imagine they have to work like shit and stress out liao. Not to mention the time they took to get home. When they hit home, either they have to spend time with their family or other commitments. ....

I totally agree with your statement. :smile: